shape
carat
color
clarity

Appetizer for Holiday Party

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
No, I didn''t warm it. I think I took it out of the frig about an hour before I left, and it was a half hour drive, so that gave it plenty of time to soften up.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
we are having a cocktail party after xmas and that is def one i am going to serve, the cream cheese with caramel and the triscuits is seriously ADDICTIVE...this thread has given me a lot of ideas too hehe.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
i am going to be trying the cream cheese with the caramel later today. one person mentioned peanuts another sliced almonds and i also am considering pecans. anyone have any advise on which nut works best with this? tia.

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
This cream chees , caramel and nuts things sounds so good.

What kind of caramel did you buy? I want to make it today for a party we are going to.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t remember the brand- I''m sure any caramel ice cream topping will work fine. I used sliced almonds and thought they were very good, but I think pecans would be yummy too!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
thanks!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
crown i think that the cream cheese thing can work with all types of nuts. my friend uses peanuts. also i think sometimes other people don''t use caramel, i think i have read of using jam too. i think that it is just something about the combo of sweet and salty that makes people love it so much. sweet from the caramel/jam and the cream cheese and salty from nuts and triscuits. YUM!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
You can also serve the cream cheese with red pepper jelly stirred up and poured over the top, it has both sweet and salt tastes; it''s one of my favorite wine tasting picnic items...YUM!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results