shape
carat
color
clarity

ring ona plane?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

s2k

Rough_Rock
i have plans to propose in our upcoming vacation in the Caribbean however I don''t want her finding out i have this ring with me.. will customs start rummaging through my bags in front of her and find the ring then the surprise is ruined... who here has had experiences with this? thanks in advance..

Darren

nursie

Rough_Rock
I think it should be fine. As for regular airport security, the times my bag has been searched more thoroughly than putting it through the usual scanner, I had been seperated from the rest of my party by that point. The airport security will be trying to keep the lines moving, so you''re future fiancee will probably be pushed along in line and have to wait for you at the end. As far as customs, I went with a large group, about 14, to the Bahamas a few months ago and I don''t recall them going through any of our bags on arrival.

heather318

Shiny_Rock
My FI proposed during our trip to Boston and he didn''t have any problems with them searching his bag at security. I''m sure that you won''t have a problem with it. Also, I would hope that anybody with half a brain wouldn''t pull out a ring box and open it right in front of everyone to see. Hopefully they would be able to pick up on what is going on! (hopefully)

Good luck!

Nerves

Rough_Rock
Actually this happened to me two months ago when I proposed. I was worried that I would have my bags searched but decided it was unlikely. As I went through security, my bag was chosen at random to be totally unpacked. I had lots of surprise stuff in there which I would be using for my proposal (favourite food, new outfits I bought for us both, a proposal album, the ring in its box etc) and the security guy unpacked all of it onto a table! My girlfriend (now fiance) came over to see what was going on, and to help repack the bag with me. I panicked and stood between her and the bag so she couldn''t see anything, and shoved the ring and box in my bag. Luckily at that exact moment a couple started having a blazing argument which distracted her, and I whispered something to the security guy who moved my stuff and unpacked it out of sight. I got away with it but it was a very close run thing. The moral of the story is, if your bag is about to be unpacked, tell the security guy beforehand about your circumstance and you''ll hopefully be ok.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
DH proposed on a trip to Paris and had the ring on his body (he didn''t even want ot put it in the carryon) the entire time. He simply told the security and customs agents that he was planning a surprise proposal and they didn''t give him a hard time at all, in fact, they didn''t even let ME know where the destination was...

He was most worried about customs, but it wasn''t an issue at all

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
D was worried about the same thing but they didn''t go through our bags at all. He was so scared of them blowing the secret!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results