shape
carat
color
clarity

Post your invitations

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
It''s slow at work today and I''m obsessing over paper products. Show me yours - I need inspiration!

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
i''m working on mine - have to confirm the venue but should have that finalized soon. all i know is that i want to somehow incorporate something like the following image. i am going to ask an artist friend to recreate this with only two ducks which will represent me and FI. i was born in korea and ducks are part of korean wedding tradition.

sumikazu.jpg

ringster

Brilliant_Rock
then for the save the date cards i want to use this image since it is close to the holidays it will serve two purposes

both images are old japanese prints. i really love this type of artwork which is why i want to incorporate it into my wedding

snow_crystals_motif.jpg

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Here is our inner envelope thingy with my not best bow effort - but you get the idea - and an English RSVP card (because we DIY''ed, we got to print them in everyone''s native tongue...well, except my friend in Budapest. My Hungarian is pretty rusty). The invitation is printed on the same card stock as the RSVP. Then it all goes in a shiny envelope of the same colour. I DIY''ed. They are from invitesite.com which was a joy to work with. Great products. Great people.

But it is time-consuming.

invitationps3.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Indy Gal.. I am in LOVE with your invites. They are gorgeous!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Here is mine. I wanted something really nice, but I used most of my budget on other aspects of the wedding and had little left for stationary. It took FOREVER for me to settle on something, but I finally found these classic looking squares.

invitation samplea.jpg

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Loved ours and got so many compliments
www.invitesite.com (partial DIY)

carmine_open.jpg

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
Matching programs

Program_FinalChoiceOpen.JPG

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
and the thank yous weren''t the same line, but complimentary- the gold is so subtle and just beautiful
(can also be used for more than just wedding thanks)

ThankYous_finalchoice.jpg

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, everyone''s choices are so pretty! I think my problem is that I like too many things. I want to incorporate beautiful japanese prints and sealing wax and illustrations and chinese characters and ribbons and cool fonts and bright colors. But all that''s going to look so schizophrenic...I don''t know what to pick.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I love paper products. Picking just one invitation was probably one of the hardest decisions for me.
2.gif
The ones posted so far are just gorgeous.

These are engraved invitations on ivory paper with navy ink from Reaves Engraving. The design is based on one of the samples that they sent me.

BlenheimInvitation.jpg

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
And a closer view.

BlenheimInvitationZoom.jpg

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Response cards and response card envelopes.

BlenheimReponseCard.jpg

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Direction card. This one was done in thermography...

BlenheimDirections.jpg

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
... so that we could put this map on the back. I designed it myself.
1.gif

BlenheimMap.jpg

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Here are what our invites looked like: Letterpress invites, RSVP cards and direction cards by Bella Figura

Outside: Invite closed and secured with embroidered satin riboon
Bellyband.JPG

Invite open: standing up view
DSCN0095.JPG

Another view of open invite: laying down on table
DSCN0096.JPG

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
And here are our programs. I designed them myself, had them printed at a local printing shop on paper from Paper Source (pool and soft white), and then assembled them.

BlenheimProgramCover2.jpg

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
There were a total of about eight pages, because we had an outdoors religious ceremony and wanted our guests to have all of the stuff that they can usually see in their prayer book, plus information on the bridal party, etc.

BlenheimProgramInside.jpg

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Last one. This is the inside back cover of our program. A lot of the guests mentioned that they really liked the passage that we added -- it wasn''t one of our readings.

BlenheimProgramBackInsideCover.jpg

blondie23

Shiny_Rock
Here are mine. It was a 110% DIY project. I couldn''t find an invite that I liked so I designed and printed my own. My colors for my wedding are bright (Mango, Citron, Magenta). The Citron pocketfold also has an orange band around it with a Magenta sticker on the outside with our names on it (I just don''t have a picture to post of it yet)

PC020054a.JPG

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Why thank you OUPearl! I''ll just have to make sure all the ribbons are even and stuff before I send them.

I''m super loving Labbie''s invites too. I think it was she who originally pointed out invitesite.com to me. Thanks!
35.gif

Ringster''s papers are making my heart go pitta-pat too.

Ladies, I''d love to see your ideas for great thank you cards while we''re at it?

Fancy - Where did you get your invitations? I really like them, very classic.

Blondie - I LOVE LOVE LOVE your invitations.

Very silly question - how did you DIY your cards with the white lettering? I am assuming you printed the the inserts on white paper and created them on your computer? Obviously, mine will not be DIY...

I haven''t ordered invitations but I am leaning towards these:

http://www.weddingpaperdivas.com/products/ProductView_208.htm

I ordered a sample and they are on a nice, thick cardstock and the customer service was fabulous. I was a little miffed that they look so "flat" as opposed to either raised ink or engraved/letterpress letters.

Maybe I will get some inspriration from this thread too! Thanks for starting it basil
36.gif

blondie23

Shiny_Rock
What I did was create a black and white template in MS Word. I then saved the templates and fonts on a flash drive and took them to Kinkos and had them print them using offset lithography (that is the only way you can do white lettering). I also had kinkos cut all my paper as well (I just gave them my dimensions), but I designed and assembled them. I made 75 invites and STD, 100 programs, placecards, menus, food labels all for $425. For me it was worth it! They did take a while to design and assemble but at least I can say that they completely reflect me right?? haha

blondie23

Shiny_Rock
Also I wanted to add that the pink color that you see on the invites is not paper, it is actually pink ink that was bled onto white paper (this is offset lithography). With offset lithography you can bleed ink over white paper and make it look like actual paper and the white lettering you see is just the paper showing through. Hope that makes sense.

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/2/2007 8:37:49 PM
Author: little miss sunshine
Fancy - Where did you get your invitations? I really like them, very classic.

I ordered mine through my florist, but the company is Carlson Craft. They are not-so-high-end, but they do have some nice looking stuff for those who don''t wanna spend too too much on stationary. I liked the company website b/c you can test different fonts and different colors and see a mock up of the finished product right there on line (you can type in the wording you want and everything). I was able to print up several mock ups to show to my then fiance, mom, and coordinator. It made decision making much easier.

Here is the site.

http://www.carlsoncraft.com/

They have actually got quite a few really cool colorful invitations. I was drawn to some of the more colorful ones, but my parents really wanted me to go the more traditional route, and since they paid for our entire wedding, I figured, "why not?"

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Here''s mine! They were sort of "mid-range" but I had to order 500 of them so that was what fit the budget. People loved them and I thought they were unique enough to be "me" but I hated folding all that vellum!! And tying the bows!!!

(If you can pay somebody else to assemble your invitations, do it!)
noinsertsfront.jpg

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Here is mine. Looks pretty plain in this picture, but it will be livened up with a buttercup yellow bow/envelope liner and rasperry colored wording on the inside. Also, the invitation itself is more of a cream color. Looks white in this photograph.

Edit: It won't let me attach what the inside looks like, but it closely resembles Jader's invite.

lsinvitaion1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results