shape
carat
color
clarity

Help me find some earrings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

K&L

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been looking for some earrings to wear at my wedding. Originally I was looking at diamonds, but I thought it would also be neat to use aquamarine or blue topaz earrings as my "something blue." I have looked online and gone in many different stores and these are my favorites that I''ve seen. I definitely want something dangly, and I''m a big fan of halos. I''m hoping to spend less than $500 on earrings. Have you seen anything similar anywhere? Originally I was thinking of princess or emerald cut stones. I talked the jeweler down to $350 for these.

Any thoughts on other places to look for gemstone earrings would be appreciated!

reedsearring.jpg

K&L

Shiny_Rock
These are the specs on those earrings:

These stunning 14k white gold earrings each feature a genuine 5 x 8mm pear shaped aquamarine surrounded by round diamonds with more round diamonds at the top. Diamonds are 1/4ctw, I or better in color and I2 or better in clarity. Each earring is 3/4in long.
Product Information
Length 3/4 in

Metal Information
Metal: 14k White Gold

Diamond Information
Total Diamond Weight: 1/4 ctw
Diamond Color: I or better
Diamond Clarity: I2 or better

Stone Information
Stone Type: Genuine Aquamarine
Stone Color: Blue
Stone Shape: Pear
Stone Size: 8x5 mm

Stone Type: Diamond
Stone Shape: Round
Stone Size: 1/4 ctw

K&L

Shiny_Rock
Here are some more options that I found online.

Which is your favorite?

How much did you pay or do you think you would pay for bridal jewelry?

creed jewelers online $660.jpg

K&L

Shiny_Rock
$625 blue topaz and diamond earrings

creed jewelers $625.jpg

K&L

Shiny_Rock
from costco of all places... $830

costco $830.jpg

K&L

Shiny_Rock
$220

diamondharmony.com $220.jpg

K&L

Shiny_Rock
$400

overstock.com $400.jpg

K&L

Shiny_Rock
$77

overstock.com $77.jpg

K&L

Shiny_Rock
$450

lauren klein 4.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For halos under $500, I guess you know not to expect the diamonds to be super sparkly. Of all the choices posted, I am partial to the pear and briolettes. Somehow those shapes just seem suited to earrings. The first aqua and the $625 topaz stood out even though the aqua appears washed out and I normally have a bias against topaz because they have been irridiated. The rest looked a bit plain for wedding jewellery. The costco pears are too skinny.

Butterfly123

Shiny_Rock
I like the first ones and the ones for $ 400. Do you mind posting website where you found the first ones? I love them!
THe other day I was in Fortunoff store in NYC and saw beautiful blue topaz dangling earrings, but by checking online fortunoff.com they don''t seem to have them.
Good luck in your search.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ya know ... I think I like your first pick best. Aqua is such a lovely stone ... blue topaz isn''t *quite* as "bridal" to me. But I also like the $77 ones too.

K&L

Shiny_Rock
The first ones are on Reed''s Jewelers webpage. But I also saw them at Littman''s Jewelery, but they aren''t on their webpage. I really like those, and I also like the fact that I was able to see them in person, but I was hoping for something a little bit larger or longer. When I tried them on, I just felt like I didn''t really notice them as much as I hoped. They didn''t stand out.

Thank you for your comments! It''s helping me think through what I really want. I do prefer aquamarine''s, for the color and because it''s my fiance''s birthstone. For some reason, I feel like I''ve seen more blue topaz stuff though. In terms of just looks, I really like the ones that are $625, but they are a little more expensive than I was hoping and I think they are too bright/dark blue for my wedding.

I emailed Lauren Klein about the $450 ones and she said she could put aquamarines in them instead. I wish I could see all these in person!

I was also looking at maybe buying loose matching stones and having them set, but gemselect didn''t have many aquamarines. Is this a common thing to do with earrings? I''m not sure if that would end up being more expensive.

K&L

Shiny_Rock
ohhh! thanks Sophie! i like those a lot! here''s the picture :)

$220

ross simmons $220.jpg

K&L

Shiny_Rock
i found some others that i liked at ross simons... i went by the store a few weeks ago, but didn''t see any of these

if only these were blue

$292

ross simons $292.jpg

K&L

Shiny_Rock
these look huge in the picture... i am using green in my wedding, but its more of an apple green

$520

ross simons $520.jpg

sheena

Rough_Rock
I like the earrings worth $220 because it is elegant, simple and will fit your wardrobe.

K&L

Shiny_Rock
look at these from fortunoff! unfortunately way out of my budget

$1700

fortunoff $1700.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the first ones you posted best.

I personally spent a large portion of my wedding budget on jewellery ($12,000 budget for two wedding, e-rings, w-bands, and honeymoon so a "large portion" is probably still pretty small compared to what you''re thinking of spending) because I knew I''d wear my topaz earrings again and again. And two years later, I have. I wish I''d gotten bigger and better - that''s how much I wear them!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I like the first ones the best, but those $77 checkerboard ones (7th ones down) are very pretty for not a lot of $$...

K&L

Shiny_Rock
$263

I really really like these, but they are sold out and only available in amethyst

mysolitaire.com $263.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results