shape
carat
color
clarity

A November Proposal in Houston

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Breezee

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to share how I proposed to the special lady in my life since this website has been so informative throughout the whole diamond/ring buying to proposal process.

My proposal took place on Friday, November 16, 2007. My lady''s birthday was on Monday the 12th, but I told her that I had to work and would not be able to take her out on her birthday. Needless to say, she was pretty bummed about it, so I promised her that I would take her out for a birthday dinner on Friday the 16th. I had actually taken a whole week of vacation to plan out everything for Friday night without her knowing about it. Also, since I had been pumping "birthday" into her mind all week and since she was not expecting a ring until 2008 sometime, she had no idea that I was planning a proposal.

On the Wednesday before, I sent her an E-vite telling her to meet me at my house at 6pm sharp dressed for dinner and ready to have a good time. I also told her to pack a bag for the next day so that we can hang out together. She called me saying she was stuck in traffic and made it to the house around 6:15pm. I told her to use her house key to get in the house because I had just gotten home from work and would still be in the shower when she got to the house.

When she walked in (I was in my bedroom with the door locked listening), I heard her scream at the top of her lungs because of what she saw. This is what I had in the house...

When she first walked in the house, there was a little table set up near the front door with her favorite flowers (pink lillies) in a vase, a few candles, a glass of wine, and a card. The card stated something to the effect of "It''s the common, everyday moments that make my happiness." Then I wrote that "tonight would not be one of those common, everyday type of nights." I further instructed her through the card to 1) Relax, 2) Enjoy, 3) Follow the flowers.

I don''t think she really read the card because from what I could hear she ran through the house, up the stairs, and straight to my bedroom door trying to open the door. When she knocked, I said "Are you finished, already? Did you read everything?" She said, "Yes, I read the card! Open the door!" I told her "Go back to the front door and start all over. Follow the instructions."

So she went back to the front door and did what I intended for her to do in the first place. Starting from the table at the front door I had rose petals scattered on the ground from the front entrance, through the dining room, kitchen, up the stairs and throughout the upstairs rooms, then back downstairs. Along this path, I had about 100 balloons filled with helium and on each and every balloon was a blue strip of paper with a little note for her to read with a significant date, a romantic saying, a sentimental saying, or something funny that only we would get. Some examples include: "May 28, 2004" (when we first met), "You inspire me to do my best," "It takes you to make my house a home," "Do you remember what kind of fish we ate on our first date?" (because she always forgets), ect. Just little things like that on each slip of paper on the 100 balloons for her to read and take a trip down memory lane.

Along this entire path, I had about 250 candles lit so that she could have some light to read the notes. I couldn''t turn on the real lights. It would have totally ruined the atmosphere.

The last note upstairs told her to come back downstairs and continue near the barstool. After a few more notes, the last note said "Knock on my door 3 times and sit in the chair." I had a chair covered in rose petals for her to sit in. I walked out and presented her with 13 long stemmed roses-- 12 yellow roses for eternal, everlasting friendship and 1 red rose in the middle of the yellow ones representing my love and heart in the middle of the amazing bond that we''ve developed. I then told her that I was going to go get her birthday present to which she responded, "There''s more?!? I thought this was the present!!" (referring to the house set up and the roses).

I came out with a little turqoise blue gift bag and presented it to her. I told her to open her gifts first so that she doesn''t rush through reading the very nice "birthday card" that I picked out for her. I figured she would breeze through the card to get to the gifts, so I took that out of the equation by letting her open her gifts first. The first gift was a bottle of some new Vera Wang (Truly Pink??) perfume that she said she liked which had her jumping for joy. For the next gift, I actually borrowed an idea from this forum. I presented her with a silver, flower-shaped dish from Lennox that had pearls encrusting the edges and a stem in the middle filled with pearls. I was hoping that she would not know that it was a ring holder. Thankfully, she did not know what it was and kind of looked at it liked "Wow, thanks, this is nice..." and put it down on the side. She then proceeded to read her card which started off "To My Partner in Life" which for us is not unusual since we get nice cards like that for each other pretty often. She went through the card, blah, blah, blah, blah blah blah, blah and at the end of the card it said "Happy Anniversary." As she read this out loud, her face kind of frowns up and with a confused look on her face she says, "Baby, I think they gave you the wrong card at the store." When she looked up from the card, I was down on one knee with the ring box in hand and said "Well, this day is a new beginning for us and is, in a sense, our anniversary." I then proceeded with my spill. She was TOTALLY not expecting it. She hyperventilated, cried and laughed, then cried and laughed again after really looking at the ring. This rollercoaster of mixed emotions went on for about 20-30 minutes. That moment was beautiful and priceless.

We went out for dinner that night at the Spindletop Restaurant on the 30th floor of the Hyatt Hotel in downtown Houston, which slowly revolved so that we can view the skyline at night. We enjoyed a wonderful dinner and stayed in the Galleria that night where we had champagne and fresh fruit waiting for us in the room. We toasted to our relationship in these silver champagne flutes that I had engraved with "our" last name, the date, and "The Beginning". We had a wonderful breakfast the next morning with room service setting up a table and breakfast spread in our room and finished that day hanging out in the Galleria, eating cheesecake, checking out a movie, and, of course, making a million phone calls.

Thanks to all who contribute to this forum to make it a success and an invaluable resource.

--Breezee

P.S. Pics to follow.

Breezee

Rough_Rock
A few pics from the proposal.

THE FRONT DOOR TABLE

DSC1875.JPG

Breezee

Rough_Rock
LOOKING UP THE STAIRS

DSC1873.JPG

Breezee

Rough_Rock
LOOKING DOWN THE STAIRS

DSC1878.JPG

Breezee

Rough_Rock
SOME VIEWS OF THE 2ND FLOOR

DSC1879.JPG

wen104

Shiny_Rock
That was so sweet brought tears to my eyes reading it. WOW someone needs to talk to my man cause I thought he was the sweetest man on earth but wow that out does his sweetness! Between you and IAN wow I am jealous!

Breezee

Rough_Rock
UPSTAIRS

DSC1882.JPG

Breezee

Rough_Rock
MORE UPSTAIRS

DSC1884.JPG

Breezee

Rough_Rock
I JUST THOUGHT THIS TABLE LOOKED COOL IN THE DARK.

DSC1888.JPG

Breezee

Rough_Rock
ANOTHER UPSTAIRS VIEW

DSC1893.JPG

Breezee

Rough_Rock
BACK DOWNSTAIRS

DSC1899.JPG

Breezee

Rough_Rock
13 LONG STEMMED ROSES

DSC1894.JPG

Breezee

Rough_Rock
THE RINGHOLDER

774578.jpg

Breezee

Rough_Rock
CANDLELIGHT DINNER OVERLOOKING THE SKYLINE

DSC1905.JPG

Breezee

Rough_Rock
A GREAT START TO A NEW DAY

DSC1933.JPG

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Awww! Everything looks beautiful and perfect! What a GREAT boyfriend - errrr - FIANCE you are! Congrats to you and to HER for bagging a good one!
36.gif

P.S. - All these pics are wonderful to look at - but come, we are ALL waiting for bling shots!!! HelloooOOOoooo!!!
19.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I''ll admit it... I cried!!! That was so thoughtful. Congrats on the big surprise, and the new anniversary!!
36.gif

wen104

Shiny_Rock
Good you said it first, cause I am getting impatience!
emotion-39.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. Really, wow. I have tears in my eyes! How thoughtful you are! Best wishes to you both!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
how sweet!!! brought tears to my eyes. congratulations and best wishes!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results