shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Diamond Studs!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FireGoddess'' 0.8 ctw (0.4 ct each) ACA F SI1 stones in baby bezel setting from WF... (the smaller one is just a piercing earring from getting the 2nd hole done)
094earshot2a.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love your studs FG!!! Beautiful
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love them FG, they are a WOW!!!
30.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
And for size comparison sake... here''s the (new) .74 next to the (old) .45 next to my "Baby Bling" (a killer little .17)...

74vs45vs17a1.jpg

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Here are my .75ctw princess cut diamond studs in an open four-prong basket setting. They are F-G color, VS1 and measure appx. 4mm each.

They are currently in yellow gold, which I was not wearing when I received them, so they have been collecting dust in a jewelry box for several years. They were a gift from an ex-boyfriend, so I was pretty much just thrilled to be receiving diamonds at all! They are from Sexty''s Jewelers in Boise, Idaho.

Do you think I could have them rhodium plated???
9.gif

And now that I''ve mastered my ring picture taking, I have been slammed back to earth with my extremely crappy earring picture taking skills. Please forgive the bad photos!
14.gif

Sextys2.JPG

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
The obligatory ear shot...

Wow! That''s huge!

Sextys4.JPG

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
Can I play too?

Here are my ickle 0.25ct (each) emerald cut G, VS1. Can''t get the lighting to work so they look a bit dull but they''re actually extremely white and sparkly, I lurve them.

Apologies if the pic is huuuuge!

PO.EC.Stud.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s fun to see some other shapes, Harleigh and Po!

Harleigh, I would definitely have them rhodium plated!!! Earrings won''t have the wear and tear a ring does, so I''ll bet the rhodium would hold up well on the part that the stone sits in. It may wear off on the post, but you can''t even see that. But I''d definitely do it.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 11:21:50 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
It''s fun to see some other shapes, Harleigh and Po!

Harleigh, I would definitely have them rhodium plated!!! Earrings won''t have the wear and tear a ring does, so I''ll bet the rhodium would hold up well on the part that the stone sits in. It may wear off on the post, but you can''t even see that. But I''d definitely do it.
You''re probably right, diamondseeker! When I take my ring back in next week I''ll take the earrings and see what my jeweler says about it. I was thinking white gold might help them look a bit larger, too! Hopefully it won''t cost too much...I need to focus on wedding costs first!
9.gif

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
My double studs: .82 [or .84?] cttw and .53 cttw, all set in three prong martini settings. This is my actual right ear, but I took these pics in my bathroom mirror
1.gif

006 two studs 1.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are my 1.00ctw studs [.50 each]. H-I SI1s set in YG basket settings. I have been meaning for several years to get them reset into white gold but just haven''t gotten around to it yet.

cmshuggies11.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2007 12:55:57 AM
Author: Harleigh

They are currently in yellow gold, which I was not wearing when I received them, so they have been collecting dust in a jewelry box for several years. They were a gift from an ex-boyfriend, so I was pretty much just thrilled to be receiving diamonds at all! They are from Sexty''s Jewelers in Boise, Idaho.

Do you think I could have them rhodium plated???
9.gif
Rhodium plating will work really well on earrings. Should cost around $40, at most, from what I''ve read.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s my studs. They''re .82 ctw ACA FSI1s.

mcsstuds.jpg

wwxc

Rough_Rock
I am not sure if this is the ideal forum for a request such as this, but here it goes:

I''m looking to get my long time girlfriend a pair of diamond earrings for Christmas, but unfortunately only came to this conclusion roughly a week ago. I''ve been trying to educate myself as fast as I can, but it turns out I will need to fly out of the country on business mid next week, and, well, that kind of puts me into a nice little time crunch. I''m hoping that posting on the forum might help me to find what I''m looking for and save me the mistake of getting something that isn''t right for me because of my need to move quickly.

CTW of between .70 and 1.00
Price between $1000 and $1600

Is this even doable? I''ve been shopping around on Blue Nile, WF, etc. but am just not sure exctly what to look for in a set of good earrning stones as far as which C''s are most important and which you can let slip, if table matters, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2007 1:45:27 PM
Author: wwxc
I am not sure if this is the ideal forum for a request such as this, but here it goes:

I''m looking to get my long time girlfriend a pair of diamond earrings for Christmas, but unfortunately only came to this conclusion roughly a week ago. I''ve been trying to educate myself as fast as I can, but it turns out I will need to fly out of the country on business mid next week, and, well, that kind of puts me into a nice little time crunch. I''m hoping that posting on the forum might help me to find what I''m looking for and save me the mistake of getting something that isn''t right for me because of my need to move quickly.

CTW of between .70 and 1.00
Price between $1000 and $1600

Is this even doable? I''ve been shopping around on Blue Nile, WF, etc. but am just not sure exctly what to look for in a set of good earrning stones as far as which C''s are most important and which you can let slip, if table matters, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
You might want to start your own thread over in Rocky Talky, as people will be happy to help you. This thread is for showing the finished product, so it may not be as helpful.

And yes, it is doable...probably not 1ctw but definitely .7-.8+.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I should add mine to this thread too, now that it''s topped and reminded me. It was most helpful to have all these in one place!

.8 ctw bezel studs in platinum for J/SI1 and J/VS2 diamonds. Link for more info

IMG_0116a.jpg

IMG_0220a.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
If you won''t need to worry about upgrading, these would be a good choice:

http://www.whiteflash.com/Fine-jewelry/Diamond_Studs/Three-Prong--Martini---READY-SET-TO-GO_950.htm
.70 ctw are $1135; .80 ctw are $1425.

If you do want the option to upgrade down the line, then one of these two pairs will do the trick:

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/Compare_Diamonds.aspx?idnos=540852,540850
approximately $1390 or so without settings (ps price)

http://www.whiteflash.com/diamonds/Compare_Diamonds.aspx?idnos=540853,540854
$1554 without settings (ps price).

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
and here they are beside their big sister, Ms 1.07 G, SI1, ES

It really is hard to get good ear shots!

smyds to show.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have two sets of studs that I wear often.

First up is a set of .40 tcw bezel set E, VS1, EGL certified set in WG.

BezelSetStudsOnTable.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
And this is what happens when you''re inexperienced and try to buy some diamond studs.

These are 1.02 tcw, supposedly I, SI1s, but are really poorly cut, and face up at just 4.5 mm. And, they don''t even come close to matching! One has potential, one just looks awful under macro, but they have a decent amount of sparkle, and for what I spent on them, they don''t perform too terribly.

I need some WF ACAs in a martini setting pronto!

MartiniOnTable.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results