shape
carat
color
clarity

Is this ring too plain??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I adore that ring and setting. The only thing I would do...make sure your stone will be set on-facet (it looks like it is set off-facet in the pics; the prongs don''t touch the corners of the table ''square'').
2.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Too plain? NO! Too flashy? NO! Just the perfect bridge between timeless & exciting. I love that ring.

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
I love the first one! Do you mind sharing who makes that setting? That one would be my personal vote --but they''re all beautiful! Good luck choosing -- it is incredibly hard, isn''t it? I''m in the same boat -- I CANNOT settle on a setting! And I''m afraid as soon as I do, something "better" will pop up! UGH!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/4/2007 7:50:35 PM
Author: 3shebabes
I love the first one! Do you mind sharing who makes that setting? That one would be my personal vote --but they''re all beautiful! Good luck choosing -- it is incredibly hard, isn''t it? I''m in the same boat -- I CANNOT settle on a setting! And I''m afraid as soon as I do, something ''better'' will pop up! UGH!
I know what you mean. I''ve already gone from a halo to this...big shift in style!! The first king is a kwiat setting. I saw it at Brown and Co in Atlanta

MrNyceGuy

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/2/2007 4:34:19 PM
Author:mintve
I saw this ring. of course, the one I tried on (and in the photo) had a stunning 2 carat center stone and cost $40K. I will be looking at a smaller 1 carat range stone. I imagine, the side stones will then be smaller to give a similar look, but I wanted your thoughtson the setting and the basket?

mintve, judging from your 100+ posts I''d venture a guess and say you''ve done your research here on PS but I noticed you originally mentioned the 2ct you originally looked at cost $40k! I''m looking at a 2.5ct center stone with a custom tiffany style setting and can fairly easily spend less than $25k on it. If you''re willing to go to H or I color and SI1 clarity it shouldn''t be a problem finding something less than half the price of what you mentioned for a 2ct. Maybe you''re only interested in a 1ct but thought I''d throw that out there in case you hadn''t priced around using PS lately.

And NO that setting is NOT too plain. IMHO a less conspicuous setting really makes the center stone stand out. It''s all up to personal tastes though. Depends on your SO''s tastes. Mine prefers the classic look of a large center stone with a simple shank. To each their own though. Seeing as you asked our opinions, I think you have a winner!
26.gif
Congrats!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/5/2007 12:15:40 AM
Author: MrNyceGuy

Date: 11/2/2007 4:34:19 PM
Author:mintve
I saw this ring. of course, the one I tried on (and in the photo) had a stunning 2 carat center stone and cost $40K. I will be looking at a smaller 1 carat range stone. I imagine, the side stones will then be smaller to give a similar look, but I wanted your thoughtson the setting and the basket?

mintve, judging from your 100+ posts I''d venture a guess and say you''ve done your research here on PS but I noticed you originally mentioned the 2ct you originally looked at cost $40k! I''m looking at a 2.5ct center stone with a custom tiffany style setting and can fairly easily spend less than $25k on it. If you''re willing to go to H or I color and SI1 clarity it shouldn''t be a problem finding something less than half the price of what you mentioned for a 2ct. Maybe you''re only interested in a 1ct but thought I''d throw that out there in case you hadn''t priced around using PS lately.

And NO that setting is NOT too plain. IMHO a less conspicuous setting really makes the center stone stand out. It''s all up to personal tastes though. Depends on your SO''s tastes. Mine prefers the classic look of a large center stone with a simple shank. To each their own though. Seeing as you asked our opinions, I think you have a winner!
26.gif
Congrats!

My SO likes the more traditional settings too. I originally thought I wanted a halo (my SO said "that''s different")...now I am leaning more towards something like this. THe issue w/ this exact setting is its from Kwiat and they require you to buy (the jeweler told me this) the center stone from kwiat. I am sure i can get a lower price center stone from kwiat, but i know it will never be as good of a deal as buying a loose stone on my own. If I decide I really love this setting and its "the one", I suppose I can always have it done as a custom w/ a few changes....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results