shape
carat
color
clarity

Ryan Shay Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
I guess everyone saw the very sad news that Ryan Shay died during the Olympic trials. I read in the news that he had an enlarged heart condition and this is what killed him. Such a loss.
8.gif

I have a question for our medically savvy PSers. Since they knew that Ryan Shay had an enlarged heart was it medically recommended that he should pursue world class endurance racing as a sport? I have no medical knowledge but something about this just does not make sense to me. It sounds like running a racehorse on a leg with a stress fracture. It''s going to break sometime.

I was so sad to hear the loss of such a young person and also very curious about why he was running at all.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I was shocked and saddened to hear this news yesterday too. Just a few weeks ago, another runner (not a world class runner but a regular guy, police officer, young guy too) died in the Chicago marathon.

It never ceases to shock and sadden me when young athletes die suddenly.

The medical issue baffles me too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results