shape
carat
color
clarity

JARED any good?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Tomorrow is my B-day, so I am flying back to Pittsburgh (typing from airport right now) to celebrate it with my boyfriend. He has booked us a room in the city for tonight and we will enjoy a nice museum trip and dinner tomorrow. I know there is a Jared near by the hotel, and was wondering if any of you Know or LIKE that store? We are going to browse in there, and would like to get any feedback on their quality/pricing etc....

THANKS!!!!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been to the one in Robinson (near the Pitts. Airport) if that''s the one you''re going to. They were friendly and there were no dirty looks/pressuring, but they did seem really overpriced for the quality they had if I remember correctly. It can stilll be fun to go look though!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not particularly a fan of Jared since they tried to charge me almost double what my DH paid for the same exact diamond.

I was in there browsing a few weeks after we got engaged, looking for some wedding-day earrings. Being the sneaky type that I am, I asked for exactly the specs of the diamond my husband had already bought 7 weeks before, and had set by Whiteflash. They brought up the same exact diamond, same GIA certificate number, and when they told me the price I had to stifle my laughter. They wanted a staggering $4,900 for it. For a .71 G, VVS2,, Ex, Ex, Ex!!!
6.gif

I felt some amount of satisfaction when I showed them my engagement ring and told them that they badly needed to update their databases as the diamond had been out of the vendor pool for almost 2 months.

Not to mention, they have very similar or nearly exactly the same wedding bands as www.e-weddingbands.com - and they were charging nearly double for platinum bands, as well.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Hey, welcome to PA! I know the EXACT Jared''s you would be going to!!!

Well... Jared''s is a step up from most mall stores... BUT, they have their share of mediocre diamonds... they might look great under their spotlights (those lights could make a RIVER ROCK sparkle!) -- but they don''t perform so well otherwise.

BUT, that being said, Jared''s DOES have a (usually small) selection of ideal-cut stones (I think they may even be AGS-0? but don''t quote me on that), and they''re fun to look at. ALTHOUGH, they are overpriced and you can find a much better selection and much better prices online.

But hey, for a jewelry lover, it''s always fun to browse, and they do have some pretty settings and other eye candy. Have fun!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My FI and I went to Jared''s when we were shopping for my engagement ring and my FI''s wedding band, just to see what they had. We knew going in that their prices are ridiculously high and we weren''t planning on buying from them, but they do have some nice things.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I think you can do better and you can do much worse. A lot depends on the selection at that location and your salesperson''s knowledge. Not a bad place to spend some time - although honestly I don''t think I''d make a big purchase there. They do carry some nice designers at least near me, i.e. tacori and scott kay!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can find a few nice things at Jareds but they are a little high priced. They are definitely nicer than a mall store. I am with SanDiegoLady; I love Shane Company for a retail jewlers.

Happy Birthday and have fun!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Hello from Pittsburgh and Thanks for everyone''s feedback!
We are not really buying e-ring, just a nice birthday present. I may not even pick a jewelry piece unless something really stands out. :)

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Never been in a Jared''s but they''ve got plenty of bad press posts here if you do a search, at least for diamonds...Shane & Co. was the weird place I went into last weekend where the woman accosted my ering. I thought their decor was nice and pleasant, and I liked the wall where they show off their loose stones, but when I looked closer, all the stones only seemed to have EGL certs...I wouldn''t go back though, after my recent experience so...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results