shape
carat
color
clarity

How long can I be a "Bride"?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
So, I was returning some wedding gifts the other day - well, consolidating, let''s say! - and the saleswoman asked me when the "big day" was and I said it already "was" in August and she exclaimed, "Oh! So you''re a new bride! What a wonderful time!" And that got me wondering...how long is one allowed to be "a bride" for, exactly? I had to go away for nearly 6 weeks after only two weeks of being married and I feel like I missed the "new bride boat" but now I''m thinking there''s still time to re-coup that "new bride smell" - as it were (wow, that was a poor choice of words, wasn''t it?!) So seriously, how long can one be considered a "new bride" or a "newlywed"? Is it a few months after the wedding? One year? For the rest of your life? What?!? Inquiring minds want to know...
28.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Well, as I recall from watching "The Newlywed Game" many years ago, the rule was up to one year after the wedding. Works for me.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Year or two in my book, but I don''t think there are any hard and fast rules.
2.gif
9.gif
hehee

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
As long as you like, hehe.
3.gif
I think one year is the norm??

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep, I''d say one year too and try and make the most of it!
9.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Well, generally accepted terms for "newlywed" is 2 years, so I''d say that "bride" should end by there too. But, my grandpa still calls my grandma his bride. Awww.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll jump on the one year boat
9.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
An older man that I work with still calls his wife his "bride" and they''ve been married 20 or so years. Do what makes you happy!

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/29/2007 8:58:10 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Well, as I recall from watching ''The Newlywed Game'' many years ago, the rule was up to one year after the wedding. Works for me.
I was going to write the same thing! Ha. That''s how I figure it is a year.

And for what it is worth, my dad still calls my mom "his lovely bride" and they''ve been married for 37 years.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Awww, what Dixie said about the guy at her work is very sweet.

I''m with the others. You definitely get at LEAST a year.

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 12:51:51 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady
I say, Bride the first year, Newlywed the second and Old Ball and Chain from then on
3.gif
2.gif
Tee!
9.gif
SDL, you crack me up!!

lol!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Interesting, I just assumed that so long as the wedding was behind you, you were no longer a bride.

Then again, I''ve been married nearly a month and I''m wearing underwear that read "bachelorette" on them, so clearly I''m disobeying all etiquette when it comes to proper titles.

Also, I intend to be a "newlywed" for many, many more years! It''s too much fun!

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
SDL,

Dont mean to threadjack, but did you get a new avatar?

You look beautiful!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
You are a newly wed for the first two years.......but you can always feel like one!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I say, you''re a bride forever, but a newlywed for a year or so.
5.gif

And surfgirl, I''d like to buy you a drink. Lately you''ve been diligently workinghard, for the many antique posters, trying to help them. So here''s a smallreward, for all your efforts.
2.gif

Cheers!
emcocktl.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 10:31:32 PM
Author: Ellen
I say, you''re a bride forever, but a newlywed for a year or so.
5.gif

And surfgirl, I''d like to buy you a drink. Lately you''ve been diligently workinghard, for the many antique posters, trying to help them. So here''s a smallreward, for all your efforts.
2.gif

Cheers!
emcocktl.gif
Aw thanks ellen...that''s so nice of you...Isn''t it funny how these antique stones/rings posts seem to come in flurries, then nothing, then a few more all at the same time?

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
my mom''s friends say that i''ll remain a newlywed until i have children. are they trying to tell me something?
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results