shape
carat
color
clarity

Royal Jewels

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here she is wearing a big necklace - maybe of brass or copper?

maxima5.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
And here she has a "tuti fruiti" (spelling?) ring of mixed gemstones.

maxima6.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
And here is a big ring that looks like a smoky quartz.

maxima7.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here Maxima is wearing a huge moonstone or crystal ring and an armload of bangles that I think are all wooden except for the crystal or plastic one on the end. And check out her hat pin.

I love that she will wear wooden jewelry!

maxima8.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another big necklace of wooden beads. And a braclet that looks suspiciously like a David Yurman silver piece.

maximaaustralia.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
And a big bracelet of mainly citrines set in gold paired with some citrine drop earrings.

maximabracelet.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here Maxima is wearing some white gold and diamond flower earrings. She likes flower shapes.

maximaearrings.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here she is wearing her ering with a fabulous pair of jade earrings.

maximaearrings2.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here you can see the whole set - jade and diamond earrings and jade bead necklace. I think she looks great in this set!

maximajadeset.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Maxima in a set of gold earrings and necklace.

maximaearrings3.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a great shot of Maxima on a visit to Mongolia. She is wearing her orange diamond ering, a turquoise ring and a pair of earrings that I think are citrines and smoky quartz - although they could be orange and brown diamonds.

maximainmongolia.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here Maxima is wearing a chunky crystal and jet set of necklaces and earrings.

maximanecklace.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Here is Maxima in the mandatory orange outfit and the wooden bangles.

maximawoodenbracelets.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Well - I hope you have enjoyed this tour through Maxima''s working wardrobe. I think it gives a good overall sense of her personality and style.

Next we will look at her "dressing up" life. So stay tuned for tiaras!
1.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
This is a great thread! i love looking at things I can never wear...at least I can oogle....
emotion-5.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
She looks happy and certainly has style and flair. And she looks good in orange which though I am blonde and fair, I do NOT, since I am more pale yellow in my undertones.

The one with the clown ruffle, well, to me that outfit should be burned. Not everyone can hit it out of the park all of the time, even Diana had some fashion disasters, but that is NOT an attractive look unless you work for Ringling Brothers.

For royals, Lady A, I happen to think Princess Charlotte of Monaco is STUNNING and the spitting image of Caroline when she was young. Not sure about her disposition, but she is just magnificently beautiful. Any news about Caroline''s marriage? Her hubby seems to be a bit of a boor, but I only know what we read of him in the US press.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I absolutely love this thread! I agree that it''s rare that we hear about anyone royal outside the main British royals.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful updates! P. Maxima looks very fun to hang out with, so cheerful and full of energy.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Some "royal" jewelry in the news lately....

This is the infamous "Tell Me Yes" ring made by Repossi which Dodi Fayed purchased to give to Princess Diana. The ring is again generating much discussion in the press due to the attention which is being paid to it at the inquest into Princess Diana''s death. The ring supposedly cost about $20,000 pounds (in 1997). Much is being made of the fact that the ring was from Repossi''s line of engagement rings and was written down as such on the receipt.

Personally I think that means absolutely nothing. Princess Diana was showered in gifts of important jewelry literally all the time. In my opinion this ring, in Diana terms, is more of a friendship gift. Even if Dodi did intend to ask Diana to marry him there is no proof that she would have said yes anyway.

I think this is all a moot point but it is being looked into because of Mr. Al Fayed''s contention that Princess Diana was pregnant and going to marry his son. He claims that opposition to the supposed marriage was the reason that Princess Diana was killed by MI5 working on behalf of the Royal Family. The inquest is supposed to determine the manner of her death (accident or homicide) and not to assign blame for either circumstance.

I guess we will see what comes of all that....

Anyhow, the ring is currently on display in the "Diana and Dodi Shrine" at Harrods in London.

ringDM1810_800x698.jpg

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
And just because I love these jewels! Princess Diana''s sapphire earrings and two bracelets. Super yum!

dianaGETTY040606_228x416.jpg

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
I have always loved her jewelry, she always had impeccible taste. She will be greatly missed thats for sure.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
btw...anyone else but me not like that ring Dodi gave her?

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
LadyAmythyst, you''re my hero.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/22/2007 7:22:20 PM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
btw...anyone else but me not like that ring Dodi gave her?
No - not liking it so much. It''s not heinous but doesn''t really strike me as being Diana''s style either. Certainly not engagement ringish enough.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/21/2007 9:18:34 PM
Author: diamondfan
She looks happy and certainly has style and flair. And she looks good in orange which though I am blonde and fair, I do NOT, since I am more pale yellow in my undertones.

The one with the clown ruffle, well, to me that outfit should be burned. Not everyone can hit it out of the park all of the time, even Diana had some fashion disasters, but that is NOT an attractive look unless you work for Ringling Brothers.

For royals, Lady A, I happen to think Princess Charlotte of Monaco is STUNNING and the spitting image of Caroline when she was young. Not sure about her disposition, but she is just magnificently beautiful. Any news about Caroline''s marriage? Her hubby seems to be a bit of a boor, but I only know what we read of him in the US press.
I''ll find some pics of her. She is absolutely gorgeous. She and her brother Andrea (who is heir apparent at this point) manage to stay under the radar for the most part. The most I really know about Charlotte is that she is a very capable horsewoman and rides & shows alot.

Most of the Monaco news these days is "will he or won''t he" stuff about Prince Albert marrying. After his succession the other royals faded back a bit.

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/22/2007 7:28:27 PM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 10/22/2007 7:10:48 PM
Author: LadyAmythyst69
Some ''royal'' jewelry in the news lately....

This is the infamous ''Tell Me Yes'' ring made by Repossi which Dodi Fayed purchased to give to Princess Diana. The ring is again generating much discussion in the press due to the attention which is being paid to it at the inquest into Princess Diana''s death. The ring supposedly cost about $20,000 pounds (in 1997). Much is being made of the fact that the ring was from Repossi''s line of engagement rings and was written down as such on the receipt.

Personally I think that means absolutely nothing. Princess Diana was showered in gifts of important jewelry literally all the time. In my opinion this ring, in Diana terms, is more of a friendship gift. Even if Dodi did intend to ask Diana to marry him there is no proof that she would have said yes anyway.

I think this is all a moot point but it is being looked into because of Mr. Al Fayed''s contention that Princess Diana was pregnant and going to marry his son. He claims that opposition to the supposed marriage was the reason that Princess Diana was killed by MI5 working on behalf of the Royal Family. The inquest is supposed to determine the manner of her death (accident or homicide) and not to assign blame for either circumstance.

I guess we will see what comes of all that....

Anyhow, the ring is currently on display in the ''Diana and Dodi Shrine'' at Harrods in London.
I like this ring, as a rhr.. it doesn''t strike me as something Diana would have worn as an engagement ring. Diana''s accident was tragic and still to this day I can''t forget it.. I don''t believe the British government would have set her up to kill her, she did too many positive things for the country and worldwide, besides, she was the mother of the future King of England.

I also don''t believe she was pregnant. I don''t think she would lower her standards to be pregnant out of wedlock. It would have been embarrassing for her own family as well as hard on her sons. She would never have put them through such a thing. Not ever.
Agreed!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree, not an e-ring. That ring was more like a little trinket for him to give her. I believe it would have been a more significant diamond if it had been an e-ring.

I LOVE this thread, LadyAmy!

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
She is Prince Joachim''s first wife. I always liked her. That little crown is veryfairytale isn''t it?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
What happened to her?

What about the Swedish (I think) princess who was anorexic? I cannot recall her name, she lost a lot of weight and they were concerned about her. I have not seen much about her in the news lately at all. Occasionally there is an article about the European royals, but lately I have not seen one.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also think that ring was more an affection bauble than anything. While certainly she could have been pregnant (accidents do happen) I do not think it was ever proven that she was at the time of her death. Maybe she had deep feelings for him, maybe they would have ended up engaged or married, but I do not think this ring at that moment was an engagement ring. He was a wealthy man who bought her a gift. I still think it is so tragic that she died, such a senseless waste. Parisian paparrazi are known world over for their aggression, and I believe the driver was put to work last minute and had been drinking. The Alma tunnel is also a dangerous one and had been the sight of many bad accidents due to the way it was designed, upon entering it if one is speeding it is a really dangerous space. So sad. Who knows where they would have ended up?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results