shape
carat
color
clarity

Maybe soon???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jennypoo

Rough_Rock
Capricorn is VERY similar to Taurus in that they''re both Earth signs and tend to be very grounded and stable. We like AND want commitment! That is SO funny that he''s also a Sag.

I know - my boyfriend thinks that I''m greedy and just want a ring. Sometimes when we fight he thinks it''s ALL about the ring, and says he''ll put some money together and just go out and buy one to appease me. (That is usually in the heat of the moment. Sometimes I secretly wish he just WOULD!)

He also says he understands what the ring symbolizes and why it is so important to me. He says he will "propose when the time is right." Well, it couldn''t be more right than, oh, ANY DAY NOW, BUDDY!

I hope it happens soon for both our sake!

teetee

Shiny_Rock
I can totally relate to you two, DMBsGirl & Jennypoo...I actually have you guys beat at 10+ yrs...not that I''m proud of it or anything, haha. Fortunately/unfortunately, however you look at it, we don''t really have an anniversary and I don''t really celebrate b-days so I''m haven''t been getting my hopes up. But I am sure starting to get impatient as the big 30 approaches.

Doesn''t it just kill you when you get a very nice gift and can''t enjoy it because it wasn''t the ring you''ve been waiting so long for? Just recently, I got a very nice gold bracelet and and matching pendant for no reason. And before that, he gave me a wallet that matched my new purse for my b-day. Although I loved the gifts, I still couldn''t help but think "why are you spending this kind of money and not saving for the ring?" Especially when the items can only be returned for store credit so I end up keeping the stuff.

A couple days after I got the bracelet and necklace, he told me that it would be a few more years before we can get married and those gifts were supposed to tide me over. A few more years?!? Needless to say, I threw a fit and then we had a talk. He now realizes how important it is to me for this to happen soon so we are now shopping for rings...seriously this time. (We started looking a year ago but I stopped because he said he would need some time to save up.)

Jennypoo, I know what you mean about people judging your situation. Practically all my girlfriends are married and they keep asking me when it will be my turn. I just think this is something that he needs to do on his own time...however I am nudging him to speed up the pace now. For my own sake, I do hope it happens sooner than later.

Good luck to all of us
21.gif

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/25/2007 8:35:43 PM
Author: jennypoo

He says he will ''propose when the time is right.'' Well, it couldn''t be more right than, oh, ANY DAY NOW, BUDDY!

I hope it happens soon for both our sake!
LOL...well said
emotion-5.gif

diamond12

Rough_Rock
Oh I''m so sorry for you. I teared up reading your post. I feel what you''re going through. It''s good that you put up a strong front and broke down when you went to bed. it''s unfortunate that he found you crying. I would have done the same thing and my BF would have said the EXACT same thing your BF did. It''s not that you were ungrateful, because you liked everything he gave you, but he just didn''t get it. All I can say is , don''t let him turn the cards on you. Not to get your hopes up again, but maybe it will happen on the San Diego trip????. I sure hope so. As for now, you have to remain strong during the nauseating feelings you''ll be getting when your friend gets engaged. Stay strong, or at least try too. I know it''s hard.
5.gif

Hi Keeping the faith 21. Yeah, what is it with "when the time is right?" I''ve heard that before. "what does that mean?" "when I"m ready?" or "when there is world peace, no starvation in the world, gas is at .25 a gallon, white doves are flying through the air? What? I so hate hearing that stipid comment. Everyone''s right. Guys are so clueless!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results