shape
carat
color
clarity

I''m New here. Please Help. Thanks....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

virgojen

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to know is there much of a difference between these two diamonds. I

First diamond
GIA VVS2 G color
1.01ct princess
Table 75%
depth 84.3%
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good

New Diamond
GIA VVS2 G color
1.06 princess
Table 68%
Depth 75.7%
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good

Since the table is smaller on the new diamond, will it look smaller?? I wear a size 4.5 ring size and I''m hoping that the diamond will look bigger on my hand. M boyfriend paid $450.00 more for the New Diamond. He''s going to give it to me in 2wks for our 1year anniversary (promise Ring) . This will be my first diamond ring. I''m so excited!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jen, you need to list the measurements of the stone. The table does not determine the overall size of the stone. You need the mm width and length of each stone to know which is larger.

virgojen

Rough_Rock
I looked up the diamond report and it doesn''t tell me more info. I guess it''s just a very simple GIA grading report.
7.gif

1st diamond:
GIA Report Number: 15138296
GIA VVS2 G color
1.01ct princess
Table 75%
depth 84.3%
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good

New diamond:
GIA Report Number: 15326359
GIA VVS2 G color
1.06 princess
Table 68%
Depth 75.7%
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good

GIA report look up

SpeedracerII

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/22/2007 4:57:18 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Jen, you need to list the measurements of the stone. The table does not determine the overall size of the stone. You need the mm width and length of each stone to know which is larger.
These are not RB''s they are square modified cut whatever that means. Some sort of princess or emerald cut??? Don''t know much about those.

virgojen

Rough_Rock
They are princess cut. Sorry, I forgot to mention that. I never knew there was so much to buying a diamond. I use to think it was only about color and clarity. This site amazes me. So much information. The people here also know so much about diamonds. I''m really glad my friend told me about this site. Thanks!
9.gif

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/22/2007 6:03:51 PM
Author: virgojen
They are princess cut. Sorry, I forgot to mention that. I never knew there was so much to buying a diamond. I use to think it was only about color and clarity. This site amazes me. So much information. The people here also know so much about diamonds. I'm really glad my friend told me about this site. Thanks!
9.gif
If you're concerned about size, you know you could drop down on the clarity while still keeping the diamond eyeclean and that would allow you to go up in size.

Also, Whiteflash carries a clipped corner princess cut which "cuts off" those pointed corners making the stone more durable and also makes it look visibly bigger than a regular princess cut in the same carat weight. If you want an easy pickin' princess... check out the
X-Factor Princess
or
ACA Princess
or
princess and other square-ish shapes at Good Old Gold

ETA: didn't realize he already bought the new diamond.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked them up, and measurements are the very first item listed.

#1 was 5.33 X 5.10 mm (square modified brilliant)

#2 was 5.79 x 5.39 mm (rectangular modified brilliant)

So yes, the second diamond is a little larger than the first. But note that it is not as square as the first one. They are calling it rectangular.

virgojen

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/22/2007 6:51:53 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I looked them up, and measurements are the very first item listed.

#1 was 5.33 X 5.10 mm (square modified brilliant)

#2 was 5.79 x 5.39 mm (rectangular modified brilliant)

So yes, the second diamond is a little larger than the first. But note that it is not as square as the first one. They are calling it rectangular.

I didn''t even notice that. I called my jeweler right away and he assured me that even though it says "Retangular modified Brilliant", that it is a Princess cut. He just sent the stone to GIA to get the laser inscription. Can''t wait when it''s finished.

This is my promise ring from my boyfriend. He''s going to give it to me on our 1 year anniversary (in about 2 weeks).
30.gif
31.gif

This is what my ring looks like

virgojen

Rough_Rock
e7d0ca0984.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results