shape
carat
color
clarity

Ultrasonic cleaner: $$$ vs performance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shminbabe

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/29/2007 6:17:31 PM
Author: strmrdr

Date: 8/28/2007 10:58:08 PM
Author: shminbabe

Date: 8/26/2007 2:44:27 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 8/26/2007 2:08:15 PM
Author: strmrdr
This is the one Im eventualy going to get:
http://www.amazon.com/Crest-175HT-Ultrasonic-Cleaner-gallon/dp/B000KZQM3Y
I have that one and love it.

Kaleigh:

I hope you see this post. You have the one storm likes and wants. It has heat. Does having heat mean it also ''steam cleans''? Can I put my sunglasses in, my prescription eyeglasses, all jewelry (not pearls), etc? Is this the one they might have in a jewelry store?

thanks for your help!
no it doesnt steam it just heats the cleaning fluid.
You can turn the heat off if you dont want too use it on an item.
My benchman uses 2 of those exact ones and a couple larger ones of the same type with different cleaning agents in them.
storm,

so you are familiar with the Crest cleaner b/c your ''benchmen'' use them (at work? what are benchmen? my nosey, sorry). although the Crest unit does not have stream, the heat is effective in cleaning the jewelry and I can also clean sunglasses, eyeglassed, etc.?

thanks for the other advice re: using distilled water. i''ll remember that.

i want good cleaner and don''t want to make a mistake.

jeannie

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha, see why the question is worth $45 bucks. Now when I ordered mine, it came with the basket, wasn''t a seperate charge. You do need the basket. Just for ease of transferrring the jewelry to the sink for rinsing Plus with the heat function you don''t want to go fishing for your stuff in that hot liquid. So yeah, get the basket.
2.gif
I''ve had mine for 2 years now, and love it.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
I have the Crest one as well. It works great. The basket may have too big holes for some things. Easy fix. Just buy bigger rocks or use a tea ball.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 8:54:54 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Haha, see why the question is worth $45 bucks. Now when I ordered mine, it came with the basket, wasn''t a seperate charge. You do need the basket. Just for ease of transferrring the jewelry to the sink for rinsing Plus with the heat function you don''t want to go fishing for your stuff in that hot liquid. So yeah, get the basket.
2.gif
I''ve had mine for 2 years now, and love it.
Thank you mam.

I figured since it was heated I''d need something, just didn''t know if there was a cheaper alternative out there...

It really kinda irks me that they are charging seperate for the basket. I mean, it''s not like this thing runs 39.99.
11.gif
However, I have $100.00 in GC''s to Amazon, so it''s not like I''m paying an arm and a leg, it''s just the principle, plus, it''d be 45 bucks cheaper.
9.gif

Oh well, I''m ready for something that hopefully lasts. That US I bought the beginning of July died last week. I''m done with cheapies.
14.gif

Thanks again Miss Kaleigh!
35.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/21/2007 9:28:12 PM
Author: noobie
I have the Crest one as well. It works great. The basket may have too big holes for some things. Easy fix. Just buy bigger rocks or use a tea ball.
I like that!
9.gif
You buyin?
2.gif

Thanks noobie!

iamyuneek

Rough_Rock
I have a 1 ct diamond ring set in 14 kt white gold. It has prong set small diamonds along both outside edges with bagettes in between (photo attached.) I have untrasonic cleaned it twice, and then I used the polishing cloth that came with the Ultra sonic cleaner, afer half and hour of rubbing, black dirt is STILL coming off of the ring onto the cloth, I stuck it in the US cleaner again, and its still coming off. I am starting to feel like I could polish it for ever. It is definitely looking much better than it did before I started, but what on earth is going on? Am I doing it wrong, will polishing cloths always get something off no matter how clean the ring is? Help!

ring cleaning 007.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results