shape
carat
color
clarity

Another post about Invitations!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been seeing many posts about invitations today - which reminded me that I''ve been wanting to ask this question to you PS folks!

I''m having a small ceremony with close family and friends and a larger reception to follow where everyone else is invited.

I''m working on my invitaiton wording right now and we have decided to go the route of the main invitation being the actual invite to the reception and those that are coming to the ceremony will receive a "ceremony insert" - if you can follow....lol

How can I do the wording on the main invitation so as not to sound "you aren''t invited to the ceremony but to the reception"??

would something along the lines of "Please join us at the celebration following the private ceremony" be ok?

punkin

Rough_Rock
Hi Cleopatra, I am thinking of doing something similar but for logistical reasons. Parking and commuting in the winter between my ceremony in the city and my reception in the city might just be too difficult to ask people to do.

Anyway, my ceremony and reception in different locations so it kind of makes it easy. Are yours at the same place? I was just going to word the invitation to join us at a reception to celebrate our wedding. Then I''ll list the time and location of the reception, not the ceremony. Like you, I was also thinking of an insert with the wedding information.

As you can see, I haven''t figured all the details out yet. I''m curious to hear advice from others.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Punkin!
My ceremony and reception are in two different buildings which are less than 1 mile away from each other.

I just need some good wording for the invites because i really don''t want to offend anyone who isn''t invited to the ceremony. I''m having the actual wedding in a very old, tiny church (built in 1829) and it can only hold about 80 people (i''m only having about 30-40 people at the actual wedding)...so, for space purposes, I can''t invite everyone - plus I love the intimacy of smaller weddings.

I''d love to hear from others who are having small weddings with larger receptions afterwards!

punkin

Rough_Rock
Hi, I just happened upon some suggestions on the mygatsby invitation site. I''ll post as suggestion or two and the link:

https://www.mygatsby.com/wordwiz_verse.jsp?step=3&productBeingCustomized=0&wordingEventId=25&scenarioId=55

The first example is kind of the idea I had for my situation - no explanation, just an invite. The second example is more what you were thinking of - mentions the private ceremony, then invites to the reception.

BRIDE''S PARENTS
request the pleasure of your company at
the wedding reception of their daughter
BRIDE''S FIRST MIDDLE NAME
to
Mr. GROOM''S FIRST MIDDLE LAST NAME
on RECEPTION DAY, the RECEPTION DATE of RECEPTION MONTH
YEAR
at RECEPTION TIME o''clock in the RECEPTION TIME OF DAY
RECEPTION LOCATION
RECEPTION ADDRESS
RECEPTION CITY, RECEPTION STATE

Love isn''t love ''til you give it away . . .
We, BRIDE''S FIRST NAME and GROOM''S FIRST NAME,
will be married in a
private wedding ceremony
on DAY, the FORMAL DATE of MONTH
YEAR
You are joyfully invited to an informal
outdoor wedding celebration
after the wedding
RECEPTION LOCATION
RECEPTION ADDRESS

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2007 6:54:32 PM
Author: punkin

Hi, I just happened upon some suggestions on the mygatsby invitation site. I''ll post as suggestion or two and the link:

https://www.mygatsby.com/wordwiz_verse.jsp?step=3&productBeingCustomized=0&wordingEventId=25&scenarioId=55

The first example is kind of the idea I had for my situation - no explanation, just an invite. The second example is more what you were thinking of - mentions the private ceremony, then invites to the reception.

BRIDE''S PARENTS
request the pleasure of your company at
the wedding reception of their daughter
BRIDE''S FIRST MIDDLE NAME
to
Mr. GROOM''S FIRST MIDDLE LAST NAME
on RECEPTION DAY, the RECEPTION DATE of RECEPTION MONTH
YEAR
RECEPTION LOCATION
RECEPTION ADDRESS

Love isn''t love ''til you give it away . . .

We, BRIDE''S FIRST NAME and GROOM''S FIRST NAME,
will be married in a
private wedding ceremony
on DAY, the FORMAL DATE of MONTH
YEAR
You are joyfully invited to an informal
outdoor wedding celebration
after the wedding
RECEPTION LOCATION
RECEPTION ADDRESS
punkin,

That second one you posted is just absolutely PERFECT for what we are trying to do...a DW on Maui and then an informal outdoor reception after...you are a GENIUS! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
36.gif
Your post just made me feel about 100 times better!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results