shape
carat
color
clarity

My Dress-- NO alterations!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Hey gang! Went in to help my mom find a MOB dress, and found mine instead! Excuse the bra, bandaid, and wrinkles, but here it is-- no alterations needed- fit like it was made for me. :)

What do you think? Different, eh? Oh, and $250!!!!
emsmiled.gif

my dress_all_comp.jpg

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a pic of the chest detail....

my dress_front_comp.jpg

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
and the back...

my dress_back_comp.jpg

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
beautiful... congrats!!
simple and unique and timeless and flattering!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
You know what? If I saw that on a hanger I wouldn''t like it, but on you it looks divine! Very 1940''s siren-ish! Will you go a veil? Or maybe a birdcage netting? It''s really lovely!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! for no alterations! It''s a beautiful dress and you look gorgeous in it, I can only imagine that it will look so perfect on you with the proper accessories and no bra or bandaid, lol! I was also one of the lucky ones to not have alterations...except having my dress taken in an inch or so about a month before the wedding, and then another inch the night before my wedding by my poor mother! I lost some weight unintentionally...be prepared for that, you never know what will happen as the wedding date gets closer! I agree about the possibilty of a 40''s style birdcage veil, I think that would be perfect! Good luck!

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Surfgirl- I know EXACTLY what you mean. I tried on every other dress but left this one on the rack. It''s one of those that just doesn''t hang well, but my mom really wanted to see it on! Whew! I''m sure glad she kept bugging me about it!

As far as a veil goes, I''m thinking of finding some great sparkly hairclips. The stones and sequins on the chest detail would match well with that. I''m also thinking about getting a great vintage-y clunkly sparkly bracelet to match. A birdcage veil is a good idea too though. I tried on a traditional veil and all it did was bug me-- I was batting at it every time it came around the front of my shoulders. hehe!

The best part about this dress is that the chiffon straps make is SO comfy to wear and I don''t have to worry about giving anyone a show when I bend down to hug the kiddies.
emwink.gif

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! That''s great that you don''t need to have it altered!

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! It''s beautiful.

However, you might want to get it lined. It looks like it gets a little sheer with the pictures. You wouldn''t want pictures where you can see your bellybutton... or worse!

misysu2

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, there will definitely be a slip or something. This pic was taken at the store after I had just decided to buy it. I don''t want to flash anyone through the dress! :)

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
That dress is beautiful on you, and hooray for no alterations!

You''re making me think I want a "flowy" dress for my DW!

Congrats on such a great find!
36.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2007 1:02:16 AM
Author: surfgirl
You know what? If I saw that on a hanger I wouldn't like it, but on you it looks divine! Very 1940's siren-ish! Will you go a veil? Or maybe a birdcage netting? It's really lovely!

I was thinking the exact same-it looks amazing on you though-what a bargain!!

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Here''s mine..

hsc0078a2.jpg

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Ooh..that''s tiny. Here''s a larger picture, hopefully....

hsc0078a3.jpg

Sha

Ideal_Rock
OOPS!! I posted in the wrong thread!! Sorry misisyu! This was meant for the Destination Wedding dress thread!
14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results