shape
carat
color
clarity

Wink & My Wife''s Xmas Present

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
I have a terrible problem buying gifts way to early. Anyway, I''ve done my best over the past two years to give my wife some jewelery gifts knowing full well that we will eventually have kids that will probably tap out the gifts for awhile. I am hoping this gift to be the last in this series!

I have enjoyed looking at and researching diamonds since first coming here to Pricescope. This is a wonderful place where we can all learn about something beautiful. In all honesty, there was one other thing that really caught my eye, maybe more so than the diamonds. That was my perceived beauty of a convace faceted gemstone. I have gawked over these, especially the Richard Homer cuts, and swore one day my wife would have one.

Almost two months ago I contacted Wink to let him know my desire to try and make this happen. I was honestly a little scared at first, because I had asked Wink for quotes on projects two other times, and decided to go another route. I was pleased to find Wink anxious to work with me, even though things had not worked out in the past. We ended up talking on the phone a couple of times and he used his video conference equipment to show me stones in real time. Wink was happy to show me a variety of different stones of interest, and even some that he liked just so I could see them. It was an awesome experience and really set me at ease in purchasing a Homer cut. Another great quality of Wink''s is his ability to connect with his customers. I believe when you work with Wink, he wants your business, but wants to establish a friendship in the process. We talked about stones, jewelery businees, family, and many other things in our few conversations. He is incredibly easy to talk to and very knowledgable in his field! Needless to say, we were able to pick out a stone and setting to my satisfaction, and I really enjoyed working with Wink through all of it.

I do feel when I write these I must share all relavent information. On Wink''s end there was a bit of a mix up and miscommunication. Originally I was told that my setting arrived from Stuller and was being set, when in reality it was backordered and not ordered in the correct color. I was a bit frustrated, but Wink was embarrassed at the mistake and was willing to upgrade my shipping from USPS Registered to Fed Ex Two Day at no charge. The moral of the story is mistakes are made in businesses, but not all businesses step up and fix the problem. Wink did that and put my mindset back on the right track.

I want to recommend talking to Wink if you are interested in making a purchase (esp. if colored gemstone hunting). In our world of online gemstone shopping here on Pricescope, I think Wink of your neighborhood jewelery store online. He really appreciates your interest, and is interested in working with you. He also wants you to know you are more than just a customer. Wink is a class act and I''m glad I was able to work with him. I''m sure he will see me again in the future!

So after a long month of waiting, this is what arrived for me yesterday to give to my wife at Xmas this year (my camera has difficulty with close ups, but Wink sent me nice pictures!):

sarahring.JPG

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
And btw...I was extremely happy with the setting I picked out. I think the stone looks great with it and I believe it will be up my wife''s alley. I think the setting was around $250 with the diamonds...and that included setting the three stones.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a sweet hubby you are! She will love it. I don''t think my DH thinks about gifts until the week before the event
20.gif
. Be sure to post hand shots after xmas.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2007 12:03:08 AM
Author:wonka27
I have a terrible problem buying gifts way to early. Anyway, I've done my best over the past two years to give my wife some jewelery gifts knowing full well that we will eventually have kids that will probably tap out the gifts for awhile. I am hoping this gift to be the last in this series!
Very pretty! I'm sure your wife will love it! What a thoughtful husband! Will you please train my husband to think like you?!
2.gif
He won't buy me any jewelry gifts.
7.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Awh how thoughtful. I can just swim in that beautiful blue oasis! You are going to have a great Christmas!!

DKS

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Glad things worked out--she''ll love it!!

cheers--Sharon

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a thoughtful hubby you are...already got the christmas gift 3 months ahead...the ring is great and i''m sure she will love it.

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for the great comments. The ring is beautiful and I really believe for a stock setting it was a good choice. Wink does get great work done, and his long time association with Richard Homer is a great 1-2 punch for his business (and I''m sure vise versa for Richard.

I''m always an early gift purchaser. Esp w/ jewelery of this caliber. I think it is more expensive closer to the holidays...and Wink pretty much told me that would probably be the case with this stone. I guess summer is the "slow" season!

I really hope others can benefit from my experience and don''t hesitate to get in touch with Wink if the right project comes along.

BTW...I forgot to add...it is obviously a sapphire and is 1.41 cts...the diamonds are only 5 pts. each...but a nice compliment.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow it''s lovely! and so nice of you too. I have to hand pick any jewelery gifts that I receive from my hubby unfortunately.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a gorgeous ring. Your will will love it! I can''t wait to see pictures on her finger.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!! What a sweet hubby! I love the color!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You done good! The sapphire looks like the sky and with the setting looks like you are giving her the moon and the stars as well!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Well done as usual, Wonka. Your wife is a lucky woman.
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the cutting and color on that sapphire - it''s a really beautiful piece! She''s gonna love it!

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all again! It really is a beautiful stone. I don''t know near as much about colored gemstones, but this sapphire just appears to be right about where it should be!

The best part about this...for the first time since we have met I am able to give her a gift that she is completely unaware of. Her ering, WF bracelet, etc. were all on the level, because I feared making a mistake. This one is all me and I''m just really happy with how it turned out!

I''m going to see if I can borrow a camera from school and get a few more pictures.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! Anything Richard Homer cuts is always splendid, I love the concave cut of this sapphire and I love that it was set by Wink, it''s just gorgeous. I like the petite diamonds flanking the center stone, they do nothing by compliment that sapphire and the whole setting is just divine. Good job all around, your honey is going to love this ring. And good for you Wonka for thinking ahead and getting this fabulous gift together well before the holidays, you''ve done a great job!
36.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/9/2007 5:06:33 PM
Author: wonka27
I''m always an early gift purchaser. Esp w/ jewelery of this caliber. I think it is more expensive closer to the holidays...and Wink pretty much told me that would probably be the case with this stone. I guess summer is the ''slow'' season!
Not to mention that the gentleman who had asked me to put the stone on hold for a week left town and did not come back until about a week after I sold it to you. (A total of four or five weeks after he asked me to hold it for a week.)

Had you come at Christmas time it would have been long gone. We did find another Richard Homer stone for this client so he ended up happy too.

I appreciate all of your kind words, even your mentioning the mixup, as they do happen and I feel it is important to get things fixed when mixups happen.

I have a hard time believing you can actually keep that beauty under wraps until Christmas. You have WAY more will power than I do!

Wink

wonka27

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/11/2007 8:11:52 PM
Author: Wink

I have a hard time believing you can actually keep that beauty under wraps until Christmas. You have WAY more will power than I do!

Wink
Wink -

It is called taking it to the bank, throwing it in the safety deposit box, and try to forget about it.

BTW...I remember you telling me about the guy who asked you to hold the sapphire. I think I ended up going away, so we didn''t move on it right away. I''m glad you were able to help him find a suitable alternate!

Great work again...thank you!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 9/13/2007 5:11:50 PM
Author: wonka27

Date: 9/11/2007 8:11:52 PM
Author: Wink

Wink
Wink -

It is called taking it to the bank, throwing it in the safety deposit box, and try to forget about it.

BTW...I remember you telling me about the guy who asked you to hold the sapphire. I think I ended up going away, so we didn''t move on it right away. I''m glad you were able to help him find a suitable alternate!

Great work again...thank you!

Thanks. Just don''t do like one of my clients did several years ago. Bought the ring in July, did not return any of my calls the last two weeks before Christmas and called me at my mom''s house Christmas Eve demanding that I come to the store and open the safe to get it for her. (I am a Jr, so she just called both Winfield G. Jones listings to get me.)

Unfortunately for her my safe has a time lock and there was no way to get it until after Christmas. Man she was HOT and I never saw her again, sigh. You know your bank will have time locks too, so put it on your calendar to go get it early!

Wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results