shape
carat
color
clarity

The Halloween Tux

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
When it comes to attire for the bridal party, I''m in the "wear whatever makes you feel great" camp. I love my dress and feel that everybody else should love what they wear, too. Originally we only had one attendant each, so matching multiple groomsmen/bridesmaids wasn''t an issue at all.

But FI couldn''t decide between his two cousins for one best man, so he had two groomsman. I suggested they dress like the three stooges, but he insisted on something formal.

The issue is that his groomsmen don''t own suits and can''t afford suits, so we planned to just buy them suits (I didn''t want tuxes) but in the end we decided it was a sizeable difference in costs and we ended up renting more casual charcoal, pin-striped tuxes. My FI chose an orange tie for himself and red ties for the groomsmen. All was well.

Then last week he decided he didn''t want ot rent his tux, he wanted to buy his tux for sentimental reasons. And he wanted a black tux. So basically he wants the most formal option when all I wanted was a plain suit with no tie! Anyway, he ordered the tux forgetting that his tie is orange....

so you probably know where this is going. He got the tux last night and immediately said "oh my god, I look like I"m about to go trick or treating!!" He''s not happy with the final product and what''s worse is that he got on a plane to Seattle this morning to climb a mountain for the next 5 days and the wedding is in 15 days. I thought about putting them all in the red ties (though I love the orange), but Brooks Brothers doesn''t carry these ties anymore.

To be honest, I couldn''t care less about the attire. If he doesn''t want to wear the orange, then he can find something else on his own. I refuse to do ANYTHING wedding-related after next Wed. unless it is absolutely necessary. If he wants my help, he''ll have to do it immediately after he gets back. I really wish he''d just been fine with the rented tux, but this is what he wants, so oh well.

So I just want some opinions on these colors--does it really look that bad (it will be paired with a cream shirt). Does it scream "halloween"?

Halloween_Tux].jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, in that lighting the tux looks brown to me, so no, it doesn't look bad from the picture. But imagining it as black with an orange tie...well...I can definitely imagine thinking 'pumpkins and trick or treating' and stuff.

Since he IS the groom, why not just get him a red tie that is different than the groomsmen? After all....he can afford to look a little different - he's the one getting married. And finding a tie is definitely not an impossible task...in comparison to finding a different outfit!

ETA: And if you do get him a different tie - do it on your schedule - he doesn't need to be there to approve it. If he doesn't like it, he can wear the orange one and suck it up.
2.gif

brgirl

Shiny_Rock
I almost did orange ties for the groomsmen and didn''t even think about Halloween-y it would look! But they didn''t have orange, so we went with red, and FI is in ivory. So, you could alway put your FI in an ivory/cream tie to match his shirt....

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
That''s a great idea, FireGoddess! I was worried that they didn''t have the same tie, but it doesnt'' really have to be since he''s wearing a different tux altogether. I''ll bring the tie with me tomorrow to make sure the colors are the same, then just get a different solid dark red tie. If he wants something else or if he decides to go with the orange, he can return it.

This is why boards are so helpful, I don''t know why I didn''t think of that myself. I think I''m completely decisioned out, haha! Thank you!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
That was exactly what I suggested to him if he didn''t like the orange--ivory on ivory. I went looking for an ivory tie this morning, but had no luck. Where did you end up getting your ivory tie? I''m buying his tux shirt at Men''s Wearhouse this weekend, so I''ll look there.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
So long as there are no pumpkins or ghosts printed on the tie and you''re not actually getting married on or near Hawlowe''en, I doubt anyone would notice!

brgirl

Shiny_Rock
Well, we''re renting tuxes from the local rental place (not sure where in new england you are, but it''s the classic tux/some other name chain that is everywhere in Maine!)
They had a solid ivory tie and a herringbone one...Not sure if you could just rent a tie? There has to be somewhere that sells ivory ties! What about the department stores?

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Well, for some reason, I was initially imagining an orange bow-tie, so in comparison the tie he''s chosen looks OK!
1.gif

I would stay away from the black and orange combo. Especially since from your pic, it looks like a bright orange. But really, if the groomsmen are wearing red ties/grey tuxes, then he could wear any color he chooses as an alternative to orange. Ivory, black, grey, red, pink, whatever!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Have a look on ebay - I have bought the most gorgeous ties on there brand new.

Personally I think orange looks fine. My FI is probably going with either a burnt orange or a sage green tie, and the groomsmen can wear whatever colour they like - but must have full morning suit in black or charcoal and grey waistcoats. I''m not into matchy matchy but I''d like the same type of outfit as it will be very formal.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results