Votes: 1 100.0%
  • find a hotel for 75 dollars less

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • find a hotel for 35 dollars less

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
These are the links: Becareful I accidently titled one "simset" that is not an actual cabin.

Serenity View

Sunset Ridge

Bears Way

Hillbilly Hideaway

If you have any other suggestions around the 100-110 dollar price range early sep let me know. I accidently slipped and hit enter, hence the simset option, sorry about that. I also tagged on the suggestion of hotels if anyone wanted to vote that route.

Allright, we will be staying at a Cabin in the Great Smoky mountains near pigeon forge, Gatlinburg for only two nights. She will be paying more than me
25.gif
but thats ok since she makes more than me. Anyway, she will only be in America for four days, and these cabins are all very well situated near the activities of the city, and they are all close to the jeweler I found that has 35 years experience working with Palladium! Yea! They are all availalbe for the dates I want, and they are all pretty close in price. If you are shopping for cabins in the area, please let me know before you book so I have a fair chance to select one of my own
9.gif

Anyway, we are looking for somewhere we can spend about 4-5 hours each evening/late night looking at stars in the hot tub and relaxing together before she goes back, so let me know what you think!

sera

Ideal_Rock
I like all the widows in Serenity View, BUT Sunset Ridge has that nice, big tub and the view looks prettier :)

did you mean sunset ridge with the windows? Yea, I cant decide they all look pretty delicious to me
3.gif

Also, because I know someone will mention it, I have talked to her but she said she couldnt decide and told me to decide, then I found two more that looked really good...which were posted above, which left me even more confused.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BearsWay for sure...! Have fun!!!

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
I voted for Serenity View because of the windows AND the hot tub doesn''t have a roof over it....so it would be gorgeous at night for stargazing.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 1:21:35 AM
Author: monarch64
BearsWay for sure...! Have fun!!!
Monnie, I am such a dork; I got excited because I chose BearsWay too like you LOL! I better go to bed; I am getting silly.

Best wishes and enjoy; that part of the country is beautiful!
30.gif

this isnt helping to narrow the options down too much so far....

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sunset Ridge all the way.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 2:16:11 PM
Author: FireGoddess
"

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 9:44:33 AM
Author: WorkingHardforSmallRewards
this isnt helping to narrow the options down too much so far....
Just pick the one YOU like!! Honestly, now. It's just an accomodation, not a diamond
3.gif
And all through the same company, no less.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/28/2007 2:16:11 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Me too!

Ah great, I had written off sunset ridge. But now I have gone back to look at it and, if the weather is foul we would have a jacuzzi to use, if the weather was a little rainy but we still wanted to use the hot tub we would be able to because of the roof but there is also an open porch to watch the stars.

but mostly, it is private whereas serenity is in a gated community, which makes me feel a bit safer but we wouldnt have as much privacy, and she told me last night she didnt ilke the country feel of Bears way as much, so now I am starting to think I will jump on the band wagon and get sunset ridge for its privacy, jacuzzi incase of inclement weather and sunset view...hum, it is a littl emore expensive though.

Yea, I know, it shouldnt be soo hard thanks for the votes though, I`ll probably decide tonight
9.gif

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I pick simset!!!!!!

Totally kidding.
3.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sunset Ridge is a great choice as well...I noticed it has a washer/dryer and dishwasher, just in case you guys need to do laundry or dishes that will be a nice ammenity but obviously not a necessity.

My brother and SIL got married in a mountaintop chapel in Gatlinburg, and DH and I have friends who visit that area a few times a year, it''s beautiful. You and FI will really enjoy it, and yay for being in close proximity to a jeweler who works in palladium! Have lots of fun whatever option you decide on...this thread is making me want to go down south for an anniversary weekend with DH in September...I don''t know if we''d take the time to drive all the way to TN, but there is a place near my hometown in southern IN with the same types of cabins that would be lovely that time of year (late Sept.)...maybe I can talk him into it and take off work for a few days, thanks for the inspiration! Let us know what you decide, and obviously you have to come back bearing pics of all the beautiful scenery!

well, after much deliberation I have decided not to stay at a cabin. well, actually it was that I discovered the jeweler I am going to wasnt quite as close as he implied...about 1 hour through the mountains, so no telling how long its really going to be....

so, I figure we will want to hit the town pretty late into the night so I have gotten us a hotel in the city. It is non-smoking with a Jacuzzi a private balcony on a the river with a fireplace (that wont be turned on until October
26.gif
but I guess I will bring some candles and put inside the fireplace and it should look pretty good, max it out maybe, like one of those telephone booth filling contests...you know what I mean...
9.gif
oh and it comes with breakfast and saves on parking, nice perks there too.

Anyway, here is the place we will probably stay, at leat I have the reservation made anyway:

Creekside

So if we have anyone bored out there...which you must be if you followed the link to the cabin I am staying at, feel free to check around for a better value in the next 24 hours, but after that, dont tell me!
14.gif

thanks for all of your help everyone and I am sorry I ended up selecting one of the least popular options. Actually, you are all kind of to blame
9.gif
I was convinced I should go for the Sunset ridge, but even after the 25 dollar discount it came out to be 275 dollars so I decided that it wasnt worth it for this trip with the time limitations imposed by the ring repair
7.gif
and the savings/benefits of staying in Gatlinburg. Just going to have to drive up the mountain one night for star gazing I guess. but next time we will def stay at a cabin!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
That looks so pretty right there on the creek; I bet it sounds relaxing too!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results