shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG! Cracked Baguette!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
My cousin is getting married today so I offered to clean everyone's rings in my SI ultrasonic. I took my aunt's out (not the mother of the bride) after it was done and noticed that one of her baguettes was cracked completely in half!
6.gif
I know her center stone is very high quality and I never saw inclusions in her baguettes either... My usltrasonic couldn't have done this right?!
39.gif
(no one's accusing me or anything, but I feel awful!!!)

ETA: Just found out that the cracked baguette was a vs2

dunndeal

Rough_Rock
Hi Robbie,

Just to put your mind at ease, there is no way your ultrasonic did that! They usually crack from getting just the right hit during normal wear. This is more common if they are not supported properly form underneath or set too tight. So don''t feel too bad because you had nothing to do with it!

I hope this helps,

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Thank you!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Sean - I could feel poor Robbie''s panic!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yikes, I can imagine how you feel! Is it possible that it was already cracked but she couldn''t/didn''t see it because it was gunked up with smudges or handcream and now that its all clean and sparkley, the crack is more visible?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results