shape
carat
color
clarity

Sottero & Midgley - NY

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
While browsing wedding magazines I fell in love with the Sottero & Midgley dress below. So I started browsing the Maggie Sottero website and I really like a lot of her dresses!

My question is....where are some good places to find Maggie Sottero dresses, particularly this dress in the Sottero & Midgley line, in the NYC/Westchester/Rockland area? I looked up the stores on the Maggie Sottero website and called some places but they don''t have this particular dress to try on.

Are there any other designers whose dresses are similar to Maggie''s? (My dress budget is $1,500)

Thanks!

ASM3077.jpg

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm, I don''t know about stores right in your area, but generally you''ll want to buy the dress from an "authorized dealer", and those should all be listed on Maggie''s website. Perhaps one of the shops has a policy that allows you to request they call in a sample without commitments or charges? Or, if that doesn''t work, maybe you can travel a bit farther to a store that has the sample and then have it ordered through a shop you''re comfortable with closer to home. Also, check Maggie''s website and see if there will be any trunk shows in your area. If so, you may be able to send a special request for them to have that gown with them when they come.

I''m worried I may end up in the same situation with the Maggie dress I posted about a day or two ago. I haven''t called around yet, but I''m so scared I won''t find a sample of it to try on. If I can''t find it, I''ll probably try on Maggie dresses with similar shapes and if I don''t find something I love more, I may try ordering it through an online vendor with a good return policy (much easier to find with an online vendor than a B&M bridal shop).

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
JenStone...that dress is too FABULOUS! I would sell a kidney for it. That is an option...you know.
2.gif

DKS

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the top and middle part of that dress...its fab-u-lous!!!! i hope you find it...i''ve checked for you and can''t.
15.gif

Ladyoflovers

Shiny_Rock
Have you called H & S Bridal? They have a little showroom on 1385 Broadway in NYC. The lady there has tons of Maggie dresses. And I''m pretty sure these dresses will fit into your budget.

xiuying

Rough_Rock
If you''re curious enough to try a place that''s not entirely English, I found a Maggie Sottero gown I love at Highlight Studio in Chinatown. The people there were SO nice... but I don''t speak a word of Cantonese (Chinese) and was a bit lost. If you call them and you know what the number of the gown is (you can find it on the Maggie Sottero site) you can ask what they have. When I visited them, I had printed out the pictures of all the Sottero gowns I liked and they told me which ones they had.

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone! I''ll definitely check out H&S Bridal. And I''ll have my FI call Highlight Studios for me since he speaks Cantonese. You guys are awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results