shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with flowers and color?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
Hey ladies!

I need some input. I''m so all over the place with the colors of my flowers, I can''t decide! What''s worse, is that I''m driving my sister (wearing the hat of MOH and florist) batty because I can''t decide.

Here is the dilemma...

Wedding colors are green, black, and white (minimal black, more of an accent). My dress is ivory, the BM dresses are green, tuxes will be black. There is the basic color scheme.

Wedding will be outside in a field by a huge willow tree and pond, with the reception following in an amazing 300 year old restored barn. Obviously, it''s going to be a little country chic, with a modern twist.

I''m torn between the color of the flowers. One one hand, i love all white and greenish bouquets, but I''m afraid it might be a little bland. I am in love with bright pops of color, like some subtle pink and some bright pinks. I''ll post pics of what I''m debating between. I''m leaning towards the color because I think it lends itself nicely as an accent.

First - the white...

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
pink...

okay, without the red, just that color pink

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
And, for some reason I can''t ding my pictures of centerpieces, but basically it''s the same idea.

I''m looking to have hydrangea, peonies, and roses with some greenery in them, but can''t decide on the color. The more I think about it, the more I think I''ll be going with the pink as a pop, but, I would love to hear your opinions!

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
I love the look of white and green flowers mixed together. These green orchids have a touch of pink.

orchids.jpg

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Green hydrangea. I don''t know how hard it will be for your sister to find certain flowers.

limelight1.JPG

E B

Ideal_Rock
I love the idea of using pink flowers as a POP of color. Pink gets my vote!

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Naturally green rose! I''ve never seen this before. And this gives you an idea of what just green and white flowers look like together. If you still think that it needs more pop, I don''t think pink would hurt as an accent. There are also black flowers, they might range from dark purple to blackish. I saw pictures of black cala lilies that looked pretty black. I think there''s a black iris as well.

greenrose.jpg

anniee19

Shiny_Rock
I would give my vote to the pink! I love the pink peonies and they are want I wanted to use, but above our budget with the florist we''re using. I think the pink would be a really nice pop of color!

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
Honey and ebree, thanks for weighing in!

I love orchids, but not for the whole feel if the wedding, if that makes sense? And calas as well, same feeling, but not for me. I''m looking for big, lush flowers.

As far as getting the flowers, that''s not a problem, she has wholesalers that she works with and normally they''ve got everything under the sun!

It''s funny you mentioned black, because i found these bouquets that had chocolate cosmos in them, but I was kind of worried they might look like soccer balls?

aigh! it won''t let me attach...

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Here''s, green, pink, and white. I think you could get this look with green hydrangea, pink peony, and roses.

greenpinkwhite.jpg

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
and the color of the bm dresses...

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a green, black, and white.

I think that combination looks pretty up close, but I see what you mean about the soccer ball effect from afar. I think it''s a bit because they''re tied bouquets with a round, uniform size look. I''d try a different shape or smaller black touches than the other flowers.

I did tied bouquets for my friend''s wedding. She used roses made out of black feathers, black magic roses, and circus (orange) roses. (She had a Halloween wedding) But because the other two flowers were intense in color as well, they all blended nicely.

greenblackwhite.jpg

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Um, all the colors. I should probably stop, but I''m having fun looking at unique flower combinations.
9.gif

I think the white and black flower is white anemone.

whiteblackpinkgreen.jpg

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
honey, I''m loving that you''re having fun with this! It exhausts me!

But, ohhhh, anenomes! I forgot about them!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
How ''bout something like this?

ColorsMayJuneSS.jpg

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
I think either pink, white and black or green, white and black. Not really into pink and green mixed.

my preference would be pink, white and black, indeed to have a little color pop and I think it''s quite classy. but you should check with FI if he''s ok with pink. I stayed away from girlie colors as I didn''t think it was nice for my FI and I could envision him coming into a pink decorated room and already hating the whole day.

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
Hehe, no problem, it's a fun color palette!

If FI isn't gonna go for pink and you don't want to add it as a wedding color, you could just add a touch of pink to the bride and bridesmaid bouquets. I do agree that pink would complement the color of your BM dresses. You could stick to green, black, and white for the rest of the floral decor like the reception centerpieces. (Lol, if I was a guest at a reception with green, white, and black flowers I'd be stoked. But I get silly excited over flowers.) So many option! I hope you're not overwhelmed. Here's a blog that talks about a wedding with a similar palette and mentions several options and has several photos: http://justjaime28.wordpress.com/2007/12/05/.

I found another pretty green, black, and white.

06bouq.jpg

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
I really like white with touches green. THe anenomes are my favorite and would tie in your accent color. If you wanted some pink maybe soft barely pink mixed into the white.

I think you can have fun with your bouquets and even though pink isn't in your color scheme per se, who cares!

ETA:OK, I think I like the soccer ball bouquets, but instead of the dark flower add in anenomes, that way you get the black accent w/o soccer ball effect and you get some pink!

sweetjettagirl04

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all sooooo much! I really lurve you guys!

I think I like each and every idea that was given to me, and now you know why I''m having such a problem! I think I''m just worried that having all white and green flowers will be too boring, and that''s so not me, so throwing in a punch of color is what''s pleasing me, at the moment at least. Oh well, this is what I get for being a Gemini, I guess
20.gif

I think for the bouts, if we use anemones, they have one that is a pale pink, like barely pink, that could work. That way, I can have pink and white and black in the same flower. Or, we can do the roses that have the darker pink tips that are almost white, so it''s not too "girly" looking for all the boys.

At least last night we figured out the centerpieces, that''s a relief for me. We were worried about that because my sister won''t have enough time to arrange them, so my DOC (aka aunt) will have to assemble them, and having something too constructed wouldn''t be ideal. Basically, we''ll have galvanized tin pails with a hurricane (straight, not curved in at the top) and a candle inside, with flowers and greenery precut and surrounding the outside, with additional votives around the pail on the table. We don''t have a picture because we took the concept of it from another picture, and just went from there. We''ll have peonies, roses, hydrangea, love lies bleeding (greenery), italian ruscus(greenery) and another one that I can''t remember. We were on the phone half the night last night figuring this out, and I''m really happy with the idea of what we have.

Sorry to ramble, but this is my big decision right now, and it''s bothering me that I can''t come to one conclusion!

Thanks again, and if you have any other ideas or inspiration, I would love for you guys to share!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I loved this thread, I have pretty much the same colors as you and couldn''t decide what to do about flowers! I really like that idea of the anonemos? (I probably spelled that wrong lol) I hope they are in season in november!

marchswallowbird

Brilliant_Rock
I dunno, I love this bouquet....

721e188bcb0a23b44c531ce121c37e1f_t.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results