shape
carat
color
clarity

WF Tiffany Repro w/ Tiffany Knife Edge Band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
I decided I didn''t want to wait and went ahead and bought the Tiffany platinum knife edge band to go with my WF Tiffany platinum repro ring. The center stone is 2.28ct. Here''s some pix:

tiffset1.jpg

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
My first thoughts- the Tiffany band is thinner and the knife edge is sharper/more severe.

tiffset2.jpg

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not sure how apparent the difference is in normal life.

tiffset3.jpg

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not used to such thin bands, so looking for some opinions. What do you think? Good or no?

tiffset4.jpg

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Another...

tiffset5.jpg

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
The original thread, with pix of this ring with several other band styles is here.

tiffset6.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think it is *bad* but I don''t love the look. There are too many differences for it to look like a match and not enough to make it look like a unique choice (if that makes sense).

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 10:53:01 PM
Author: MaryAlaina
My first thoughts- the Tiffany band is thinner and the knife edge is sharper/more severe.
My first thought too, I am surprised.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 11:03:38 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I don''t think it is *bad* but I don''t love the look. There are too many differences for it to look like a match and not enough to make it look like a unique choice (if that makes sense).
It does to me, and I agree.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 10:54:40 PM
I'm not used to such thin bands, so looking for some opinions. What do you think? Good or no?
I love it from this view but not so much from the other views. I don't think it looks bad either but I think it would look better if the band was around the same width as your ering.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto to all of the above. I loved your ring with the diamond bands so much more.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 11:31:09 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Ditto to all of the above. I loved your ring with the diamond bands so much more.
I have to agree with DS on this.

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
I really, really wanted to like this, but I agree with all the other comments.

My WF version of the platinum Tiffany etoile will be here on Thursday. I''m hoping I will like that one better.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Sorry not to address your question...just wanted to say that solitaire is simply gorgeous. I will not tire of looking at it. I really this batch of photos of it are superior to your others. The metal is fluid, the ring is so vivid and clear it is almost 3D.

Great profile close up shots! What ever you did on this batch, remember your setting for future photo shoots...and with you MA...there is going to more purchases in your future...which meand more eye candy for us!

DKS

angeline

Ideal_Rock
MA, I tried that band on just today at TIffs as I''m researching new settings and bands. I thought it was incredibly thin, I asked the SA the width and she said less than 2mm. With the severe knife-edge I thought it almost disappeared on the hand. I would get the WF one and get them to thin it a little to match the e-ring.

I can''t wait too to see the Etoile band with your solitaire. I love bands and you have the greatest collection!

a

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with all of the above, I think...I love your stone and even the setting, but do not love it with the band you''re wearing in this post...sorry to be negative MaryAlaina! I look forward to seeing pics of your new diamond band from WF soon, I bet it will really enhance your solitaire''s beauty!! Btw, that solitaire looks so beautiful on your hand, I think it''s the perfect size stone for your finger, not too large, not too small, and very, very headlight-ish!!!
36.gif

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Somebody get me a fan and some ice water, your ring is a KNOCK OUT! I just LOVE it! I have the same setting.......but with a 1.59 J/SI2 and DANG does the mega extra carat weight on yours just blow me away! Soooooo dreamy! I hope maybe some day I''ll get to that size rock!!!!!!!!

As for this band...........UGH, I''m so frustrated, I REALLY REALLY want a knife edge band to wear with mine but I would not be happy with the difference in width from the ering. WF really needs to match the 2 bands.............have you talked to them about this? You have some AMAZING diamond bands to wear with it also, but I understand wanting the plain band for an option----but WF has to get this problem sorted out IMO.........PLEASE keep us posted.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
call me crazy, but i LOVE it!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

i love that it's not the same width (which surprises me cause i'm matchy matchy like that)
it looks like a dainty shadow and it makes your stone POP. big time. (not that it needed help
31.gif
)
hum, i need a tiffany's band now
39.gif

oh, and let me add: i have the same width wedding band with the same knife edge that matches my wf e-ring. i think it's a bit too thick, personally.
i wear it very often, but i sometimes wish the two bands were thinner. (or mayber just the w-band?? as illustrated by your set)

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2007 10:04:33 AM
Author: Jenn5504

As for this band...........UGH, I''m so frustrated, I REALLY REALLY want a knife edge band to wear with mine but I would not be happy with the difference in width from the ering. WF really needs to match the 2 bands.............have you talked to them about this? You have some AMAZING diamond bands to wear with it also, but I understand wanting the plain band for an option----but WF has to get this problem sorted out IMO.........PLEASE keep us posted.
Jenn, I think you''ve misread.

This isn''t a WF band; it''s an actual Tiffany band with the WF e-ring.

To my understanding, the WF e-ring and the WF matching w-band do actually match. I don''t think there is a problem.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I think actually from the WF website that the e-ring is 2,5mm and the knife-edge wedding band is 3mm? I thnk Woobug had them thin out the wedding band which is what I would want to match the e-ring at 2.5mm. 3 sounds a bit thick.

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 11:11:20 PM
Author: snlee

Date: 7/24/2007 10:54:40 PM
I''m not used to such thin bands, so looking for some opinions. What do you think? Good or no?
I love it from this view but not so much from the other views. I don''t think it looks bad either but I think it would look better if the band was around the same width as your ering.

This was my first thought as well.

MaryAlaina -- you said you were tired of waiting... what were you waiting on? Did you settle for this? (sorry if you already answered this and I missed it)...

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, aljdewey.
20.gif
I sure did misread. How embarassing! I''m glad the WF band might be a little closer---I want one BAD! :)

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/25/2007 10:21:51 AM
Author: aljdewey

This isn''t a WF band; it''s an actual Tiffany band with the WF e-ring.

That''s exactly right. I did not order the matching band from WF because it is the same exact price as the knife edge band from Tiffany. Maybe it''s just a mental thing on my part, but Tiffany prices include the blue box and Tiffany name, and as much as I love WF, I can''t bring myself to pay a Tiffany price for a WF product. So even if the WF band matches exactly, I won''t buy it as long as its price is the same as the Tiffany band''s. (Does that make sense?)

As far as my old setting, I would eventually like to set a tsavorite garnet in it, but you can see a picture of how it is how in the other thread. Forum rules forbid me from saying what I had set in it temporarily (but you can probably figure that out!).

I''m going to send the Tiffany band back. I''m just not happy with it.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Tiffany legacy band would look great with it MA. I have one and love it, understated, and elegant. I may be having Deja Vu, but do you own one, or am I thinking of someone else?? Hard to keep track, ya know.....
3.gif

MaryAlaina

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I do have the Tiffany Legacy. I like it with this, but it isn''t my favorite. (I think it looks better with some of my other rings.) I''ve actually been wearing it most with the Tiffacy Lucida plain band and my square cut (carre) eternity band rings.

I''m picking up the etoile tomorrow, so I''ll post pix of that then.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WOOOOOOOOOOO I love the look but really think you should order the matching one from Whiteflash... It is a perfect match!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it flows soooooooooooooo nice... I AM IN LOVE WITH IT!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results