shape
carat
color
clarity

Which would you rather drive and why?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
OK, so got back and started to narrow things down. Took a look at the Hyundai Veracruz. It''s a nice vehicle and well built, but it really didn''t wow us. I think it''s on the back-up list for now. The Buick Enclave is actually a very nice vehicle with loads of storage and passenger space. Has captains chairs in the second row. Definitely a contender and a relative bargain to boot.

Next stop Acura and Toyota and them some serious test drives and offers. Looks like it might come down to the Buick and Acura...

Gee, my Dad had a Buick. Never thought I would consider buying one, especially before age 65.
1.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
^^My husband & I looked at the Veracruz & felt ther same way. If we wanted one we would have waited until next year-There are always kinks to be worked out in new models. Have to say we like the Hyundai Sante Fe better than the Veracruz.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I have a 2002 Toyota Highlander which at that time did not have the option of the third row of seats. That car has not had one single thing (knock on wood) go wrong with it. Gets good mileage and has a nice ride too. I''d highly recommend it.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2007 2:02:23 PM
Author: Cind11
Well, I have a 2002 Toyota Highlander which at that time did not have the option of the third row of seats. That car has not had one single thing (knock on wood) go wrong with it. Gets good mileage and has a nice ride too. I''d highly recommend it.
Cind - that''s been my very same experience with my 02 Highlander as well - not one thing wrong with it.

I don''t know much about the Enclave, Noobie, but I can tell you that my friends haven''t been happy at all with their Buick Rendezvous (SUV). It''s been in 3 times for a radio issue (works sometimes; others not); electrical issue; and early brake wear (even though the car is driven mostly around a small town).

Hope the Enclave fares better.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/7/2007 8:06:43 PM
Author: VegasAngel
Well I would stay away from Mercedes, way too many problems.

My husband the car fanatic said he would go for the Acura & also that you should consider the Mazda CX-9
9.gif
Mazda CX-9 is a gorgeous, gorgeous vehicle.
We are also thinking about a larger SUV if a third baby should happen (I hope)!
Her are my picks:
1. Saturn Outlook totally fantastic car, great price, built on a cadillac chassis so it is a well tested piece that way.. http://www.saturn.com/saturn/vehicles/outlook/overview.jsp
2. Honda Pilot (I currently have a CR-V and I love Honda!!)
3. MAzda CX-9 is out of our pricerange at present but it would be one I would want.

4.Toyota Hylander, although I Am not sure you can fit 3 car seats....

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
Read OP, didn''t read the rest, sorry if you''ve already made a decision.

I drive a BMW X5, and I love the way it handles. Never broken down on me, always reliable, and when turning, I never feel like it''s going to roll over. I''d vote the X5 if you''re still looking for options.

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
OK, some more looking around and test drives. The new Toyota Highlander just came out and it’s much bigger than the old one and has a third row seat. However, the really jacked up the price and it doesn’t come with memory seats. At over $40K equipped the way I want it and no memory seats or mirrors for a kinda boring looking vehicle, sorry Toyota.

The Buick Enclave is about the quietest and smoothest riding SUV/CUV I have ever driven. It’s very Lexus like in the ride and quiet cabin. But, it’s big and not that responsive. For cross-country cruising, this is it. It just needs a bit more power.

Last up was the new MDX. This thing drives the most like a car of any of them. It has lots of power and is the most fun to drive. However it’s smaller, hard to get to the third row. Tech gadgets galore on this thing. Best Nav and voice commands.

So it’s decision time and both of us are waffling back and forth between the MDX and Enclave. They are very different vehicles. The Buick is much more practical for space and more luxurious and the Acura is definitely more sporty. Taking three or more kids around it’s the Enclave hands down. Darting around town, the MDX all the way.

Part of me thinks, buy the Enclave and use the car for driving around town when cargo isn’t needed.

Egads, will need to decide this week as the Buick needs a 10 week order time, they are selling that well… go figure a GM.

Sophie: just a little clarification. The Saturn Outlook is part of the new GM Lambda platform along with the GMC Acadia and Buick Enclave. A more budget minded Chevy version is due out next year. The Acadia is more SUV like, the Buick more luxurious and the Saturn in between. It’s not based on any Cadillac platform. A Cadillac version has not been announced, although I think it would be a great vehicle and something I would buy. Hopefully this new Lambda platform will be more reliable than the old Rendezvous and Rainier ones that were built on the old SUV truck platforms.

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Ijust came back to this thread as I am still looking at the Saturn...lol

Noob, I only just now read your response to my last post. The Saturn rep we talked to told us it was built on the Cadillac chassis. Maybe I will talk to my hubby and see if I mixed something up but I don''t think so...anyway....

Have you guys decided on a vehicle?? Do you know if the buick can have a bench in the 2nd row?? I was playing with their website and didn''t see it...
7.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/25/2007 9:54:20 AM
Author: Sophie
The Saturn rep we talked to told us it was built on the Cadillac chassis. Maybe I will talk to my hubby and see if I mixed something up but I don't think so...anyway....

Have you guys decided on a vehicle?? Do you know if the buick can have a bench in the 2nd row?? I was playing with their website and didn't see it...
7.gif

Sophie, your Saturn rep needs to brush up with his product knowledge if he told you that. I hope it was just an honest mistake and not some car sales BS. The Outlook is not based on the same platform as the SRX. Check out enclaveforum.net, saturnoutlookforum.net and acadiaforum.net. I believe all three can be ordered with a bench seat. Check out enclave forum, there are member pics of one there.

I've narrowed down to a 08 MDX or Volve XC90. We drove the Enclave again and although the space was great, it was too sluggish and boat like to drive around. I am trying to find a Volvo in my specs to lease. I never lease, but there is a $8250 cash incentive which makes for a $10,000+ drop in price and an "OK" 6% APR. With this deal, I figure, I keep the money invested, maybe break even on the lease rate and buy it out at lease end.

The other reason I did not order the Enclave is that dealer allocation is tight and they wanted close to MSRP. I offered $500 below invoice. I told him that there would lots of cars in 10 weeks time when the third shift at the Lansing plant got geared up. No sense ordering a car at full price and getting it when there would be lots of them and prices would drop. These guys do pry on the uninformed, just like some diamond sellers in malls, I suppose.

Good luck.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
hi! i''m glad to hear you have put volvo back in the running.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results