shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hey, I am with my girlfriend in Japan now and still have to work out the whole proposal scenario, but I started having nightmares last night and I just wanted to share it with people who might understand!.

I think it started at my mothers surprise birthday party. It was last saturday, the second day I had my diamond. Somebody wanted to compare the height of my ring with hers, slid it on her finger and started rubbing the diamonds together to compare height. I was terrified, hers was a little higher than mine and they were clanging together, I ripped it off her hand and inspected it for like 20 minutes. When I am not with my girlfriend again I will probably do it for a good hour. I don:t think there is any damage, but geez, I was scared.

Anyway, that fear must have stayed with me. The following is a dream I had, and only a dream so i won:t mention the actual names of the people involved in it, especially as I have never met most of the people that were there.

I was doing something with my diamond, checking it out. and I mushed it. The prongs mushed down completely flat, and the table of the diamond squished down. All the facets flattened out and the entire top of the diamond becamse one long 100% table. just a big flat surface. It was REALLY ugly. I don:t have insurance, so I called up a certain appraiser, he looked at it. I called the people I bought the diamond from. We had a big meeting and they talked as if they understood. But they couldnt help any. Then a young representative from the company came, looked at it and laughed at me and said that they are running a buisness, not in the buisness of giving away jewelry, nothing they can do. I started to cry in my dream.

Then I woke up and was whimpering and my girlfriend was real worried. I almost laughed,b ut shew as really confused. Anyway, I am really scared without my diaomond being insured! I might pay the 30 dollars for the year for the next week while I am technically in ownership of it!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHFSR,
That's nothing new!!! Many people have diamond nightmares. It's part and pacel of the course, especially for sweet guys like you that invest so much time into picking out the stone, etc.. Yes pay the insurance on it. Have a great time with your future fiancee. Once you propose, don't forget to come back with the pics!!!

Sweet dreams!!! And no more nightmares!!!
12.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, insure it. That is weird irl that person was measuring the height of the stones. Sounds like rocky talk is flowing into your dreams. Hope you sleep better. I too want to see pics!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely get that puppy insured ASAP! As for your nightmare, I think it''s normal to have bad dreams about something you''re obviously stressing over. Ever check out the BWW forum and see the posts about brides having nightmares about their weddings/dresses/etc? You''re totally normal! I''m starting to understand why my DH proposed a few hours after he picked up my ring...I think he wanted to pass the responsibility on to me before he did something to damage it, LOL!

Seriously, though, you''ll feel a lot better once you insure it. Also, know that diamond engagement rings are not THAT fragile, otherwise they wouldn''t be touted as such a durable piece of jewelry and be worn for years and years. I know you want the ring to be pristine the first time it meets your lady''s finger, and it will be, but remember that it will come across some wear and tear if she''s going to wear it and enjoy it on a daily basis, and you both can''t get stressed out over that. This is a major purchase and one you''ve spent a lot of time, effort, and money on...the thing that makes it worth it in the end is you and your soon to be fi''s happiness over your engagement and that it''s a piece of jewelry symbolizing your love that will last forever, as well as the ring itself if taken proper care of.
35.gif
Enjoy this anticipation period, you will get to share this story of your nightmare with your girlfriend soon and you can both share your thoughts and feelings about the ring together!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results