shape
carat
color
clarity

Whats in your DREAM COLLECTION?

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
So, I've been hanging out in a purse forum lately, and a lot of people post their dream handbag collection list at the bottom of their posts.

I thought it would be fun if we shared our lists of our dream pearl collections. I, of course, am more than happy to start.

I already have short color shift metallic tin cup w/ earrings from PP, and blue baroque akoyas from PP that I got from someone on diamond bistro, in addition to a few other things. I'm in love w/ Tahitians, but, here is my dream list:

1. strand of multi-color color shift pearls from PP (if they ever have them again)
2. blue baroque akoyas (already have) with matching earrings (need to acquire)
3. strands of baroque tahitians (working on acquiring first one, HOORAY), I'd like a couple strands so I can wear together, twist, be fabulous :naughty:
4. pistaschio and aubergine colored Tahitians- separate strands
5. strand of round tahitians- peacock/medium coloring (someday)
6. strand of round tahitians-multicolor (someday)
7. large (12-13mm) white south sea and tahitian baroque pendants (white gold findings)
8. sea of cortez pearl pendant (yellow gold findings)
9. yellow South Seas graduated necklace
10. strand white South Seas with earrings
11. white akoyas and studs (do they come in baroque options? Can we talk about the overtones in my blue baroque akoyas? AMAZING)

So, that's MY dream list. I can check one thing off, LOL.

What's on yours?

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Ahhh Beadchick, I think I speak for us all when I say your list is pretty definitive :bigsmile:

One thing that I pine for, but will NEVER own due to the cost and rarity would be a Sea of Cortez keshi necklace. Can you imagine? I love all things keshi, and to have one of those, well...momentary loss of words. I soooo hear ya on the pistachio tahitians too. Sigh...Oh, oh, oh, how about a Paspaley SS keshi strand? Ya, that too. I'm liking this game!

beadchick

Shiny_Rock
What is it about those Sea of Cortez pearls? Not quite purple, but not quite pink, but not quite gray...beautiful. :love:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
And so rare. Just not that many pearls are produced each year. Talk about provenance!

I have a small confession to make. I have a small and simple S of C pendant, and it is exactly that. Not quite purple, not quite pink and not quite gray. :bigsmile:

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
I want a strand of 100% natural pearls of matched size/color. At least 16mm. Obviously I'll need to wait for that all important powerball lottery hit lol! Few things excite as much as a natural pearl necklace.... ( Maybe a few of the strands of emerald green jadeite beads I've seen ... millions of dollars : ( ) I have been able, by extreme luck, to have held a few strands in my life, and the very idea of them is thrilling... Imagine waiting all those years to make a matched strand...

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
Next for me is the blue akoya strand and I also would like a Sea of Cortez pearl on a goodly-sized white gold bale, so I can put it on different threads/chains/ribbons.

I am also diggin' those Kamoka single pearl necklaces made of kangaroo leather.

The best part of a pearl wish list is that you will always have something to dream about!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
eloisegirl|1323212284|3075634 said:
Next for me is the blue akoya strand and I also would like a Sea of Cortez pearl on a goodly-sized white gold bale, so I can put it on different threads/chains/ribbons.

I am also diggin' those Kamoka single pearl necklaces made of kangaroo leather.

The best part of a pearl wish list is that you will always have something to dream about!
If you donate $10 to the Passports with Purpose fundraiser by Dec. 16th, you can enter a drawing for one of those Kamoka single pearl necklaces made of kangaroo leather. I already sent in my entry. :)) It helps to fund libraries in Africa, so going to a good cause.
More here:
http://coconutradio.blogspot.com/2011/12/passports-with-purpose-round-three.html

and here:

http://www.passportswithpurpose.org/donate/

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for letting me know, and I encourage all other PS'ers to donate as well. :read:

Reading is FUN-damental!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results