shape
carat
color
clarity

The PP Vietnamese Pearl Sale

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
So....... anyone buy any strands or pearls?

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm tempted by the gold akoya strands, but when I look at them more closely, to my eyes what they call Medium Gold seems light gold to me, and what they call Deep Gold seems medium to medium-light gold... maybe the gold color definitions change depending on the type of pearl?

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
I bought one of the 5-6mm in silver pistachio. I have been waiting for a baroque akoya sale that is a little different than what they carry so I thought I'd give this a try.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Hisano is whipping up a rope of blue Vietnamese akoyas for me. Greedy me had to have 2 strands.

I've wanted an opera length strand of really good blues ever since I found out they existed, but I had not found quite the right ones yet. I think these are going to be the ones.

I'm slightly terrified of what else I may find on PP come Thursday night. I really shouldn't be buying anything else right now.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
BWeaves|1448391963|3953628 said:
Hisano is whipping up a rope of blue Vietnamese akoyas for me. Greedy me had to have 2 strands.

I've wanted an opera length strand of really good blues ever since I found out they existed, but I had not found quite the right ones yet. I think these are going to be the ones.

I'm slightly terrified of what else I may find on PP come Thursday night. I really shouldn't be buying anything else right now.

haha- I also was greedy. Hisano is making up a long strand (2 of the intense blues) for me, too. :bigsmile:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Just purchased a blue strand and a silver-pistachio strand. I'm planning to use them as a bit of color at the throat when I'm wearing longer necklaces. :naughty:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm looking forward to enjoying all of your strands through you guys! The colours look fantastic.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Hahahaha! Pinkjewel. Now I don't feel so guilty. Or maybe I feel guiltier because now we're keeping 2 people from getting the intense blues. I'll share a photo as soon as I get mine.

I like ropes. I like to be able to see the pearls while I'm wearing them. And play with them. I love to touch pearls.

I remember years ago there was a TV movie based on the life of Gloria Vanderbilt and her mess of a childhood. In the movie, her mother was given a very long rope of pearls that came down to her hips, as was the style in the 1920s. I still remember her walking towards the camera and the pearls bouncing off her chest and tummy. I was smitten.

Then Diana, Princess of Wales came along and I was smitten with 3 strand chokers.

I haven't gotten over either smiting. I hope I never recover.

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
BWeaves, I WAS tempted to get two, a silver pistachio and an intense blue, but had to remind myself i needed a vacation this winter so I decided I'm going to wait next year for another strand. I also don't have any baroque akoyas so i really need to see what silver pistachio looks like in person...hopefully i like it and it suits me.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I just noticed that Fly Girl bought 2 strands, too.

They're like Lays Potato Chips. We can't buy just one.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
BWeaves|1448475497|3954096 said:
Oh, I just noticed that Fly Girl bought 2 strands, too.

They're like Lays Potato Chips. We can't buy just one.
So true. The sweet, sweet price was an incentive, and I can always gift one if I decide that two are one too many. But, I saw a sample of these pearls in person at the ruckus this summer, and I expect the colors to be amazing.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to admit that my thought on looking at them is that they are probably a bit petite to wear on their own, but would look fantastic doubled or tripled into having more of a presence. So if I had been inclined to buy some, I would have thought about doubling or tripling up too. I don't think that's wrong at all...if you love them, you should buy them and enjoy them. These would not be for everybody, and given that there seem to be some left, I doubt you've prevented anyone who wanted one from getting one.

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
cmd2014|1448484022|3954157 said:
I have to admit that my thought on looking at them is that they are probably a bit petite to wear on their own, but would look fantastic doubled or tripled into having more of a presence. So if I had been inclined to buy some, I would have thought about doubling or tripling up too.

My thoughts exactly Cmd2014. If they are really amazing IRL, i would definitely buy another and bigger strand if they become available next year. I have mine strung to only 16.5" and I'm planning to make a short tin cup with the rest of the pearls to layer with the strand.

I think i'm having the opposite of the "bigger pearl syndrome". I've been getting rid of my bigger pearls recently. I'm even thinking of selling my baby ripples which are only 10-11mm. I'm finding them too big and too "roundish".

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Bailey1856|1448486802|3954164 said:
cmd2014|1448484022|3954157 said:
I have to admit that my thought on looking at them is that they are probably a bit petite to wear on their own, but would look fantastic doubled or tripled into having more of a presence. So if I had been inclined to buy some, I would have thought about doubling or tripling up too.

My thoughts exactly Cmd2014. If they are really amazing IRL, i would definitely buy another and bigger strand if they become available next year. I have mine strung to only 16.5" and I'm planning to make a short tin cup with the rest of the pearls to layer with the strand.

I think i'm having the opposite of the "bigger pearl syndrome". I've been getting rid of my bigger pearls recently. I'm even thinking of selling my baby ripples which are only 10-11mm. I'm finding them too big and too "roundish".

You might want to save the baby ripples for a remodeling project. For winter, I'm liking longer mixed ropes of pearls and gemstone rondelles. But, I still want a little color at the neck along with the rope, so I'm looking to see if these smaller strands might fill that niche.

Purranha

Rough_Rock
Ladies!!!

Haha I am one of the peeps who didn't manage to squeeze onto the intense blue list and thus only got a strand of very blue.

But you all are NOT allowed to feel guilty!!! There are sssoooo many different pearls we are all lusting after (there is a loooong list of pearls I've seen on both forums that I'm dying for :lickout: ) and it is simply impossible to get our hands on our entire wishlist. But that's also what makes pearl hunting interesting!

Plus I've only came across the pearl communities very recently, so it is only natural that I'm a bit lower on the waitlist. If I were on the intense blue list, I would also have grabbed 2. :naughty: With that said, if any of you change your mind and decide to part ways with any of the intense blue babies, please allow me first dibs! :wavey:

I think the strands are not moving as fast as we think it would because people would rather wait than get a strand of very light blue colors. Or perhaps PP website isn't updating as fast. Either way, I am sure all the strands will find great new homes in no time!

And agreed with Cmd as well - I would totally have to layer this up with other pearls. While I'm a petite person, I LUV large statement pieces!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Here are 4ranchgirls Vietnamese strands Hisano selected to match her Sea of Cortez "Peanut"

_873.jpeg

Purranha

Rough_Rock
OMG that is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is 4ranchgirls going with 4 strands or trying to decide which set of 2 to go with?
And are the larger lighter ones their regular japanese blue akoyas or are those part of the vietnamese collection?

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
The smaller blue strands I believe. The others were there to show color difference between Vietnamese and blue akoyas not grown there.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
NacreLover|1448488449|3954179 said:
Here are 4ranchgirls Vietnamese strands Hisano selected to match her Sea of Cortez "Peanut"
beautiful!!

my 2 strands are the smaller 2 in the middle of this photo.

vqn-5.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, ladies! :love: :love: :love: I can't wait to see the finished strands.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually think all 4 strands with 4Ranch Girl's peanut would be spectacular! THAT would be statement necklace!!!

(that said, I know what she ends up doing will be beautiful because she always has impeccable taste)

Bailey1856

Shiny_Rock
:appl: Yay!!! So excited PP is getting my order ready for shipment as I need it before Dec 7 because of vacation plans. I can't wait to see my little silver pistachios :dance:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
NacreLover|1448488449|3954179 said:
Those blue baroque akoya look terrific with the Sea of Cortez peanut. So pretty, and I know how she loves her blue pearls. :appl:

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Mine are the bottom two 6-7 mm strands. The top strands are PP's regular blue akoyas, as a comparison.

Hisano gave me a choice of #1 or #2, and I said, "Both please."

VQN-9.jpg

I also asked for a small orbit clasp in white gold, because I find the tiny fishhook claps to be too fiddly, and I'm not wild about the small ball clasps, either. I like my clasps bigger than the pearls and easy to work. If I can't put it on easily, I won't wear it. Also, I don't like the idea of silver next to pearls, just from the standpoint of tarnish and polish, so I'm happy to spend more for white gold.

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I very anxious to see everyone's necklaces. :D

I have a blue rope coming and a multi opera length. I went a little crazy. :oops:

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
They are such lovely tiny little pearls ! The colors are gorgeous. :love: i do like the idea of using them for a pendant. I was at a lunch yesterday and my friend had a Bulgari diamond pendant hanging from a 5mm strand of pearls...made me think of the blue ones...hmmm

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
katbran|1448676232|3954824 said:
They are such lovely tiny little pearls ! The colors are gorgeous. :love: i do like the idea of using them for a pendant. I was at a lunch yesterday and my friend had a Bulgari diamond pendant hanging from a 5mm strand of pearls...made me think of the blue ones...hmmm
Exactly! After seeing 4RG's strands with her SoC pendant, I'm wondering whether the blue or the pistachio that I have coming is going to look better with my SoC mabe pendant? :think:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I was thinking pendant as well, but to wear the pendant off the long length-or double my new blue rope and twist it with my larger Vietnamese lighter blues to wear as a torsade.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
". . . or double my new blue rope and twist it with my larger Vietnamese lighter blues to wear as a torsade."

OOOO, I hadn't thought of that. I have silver blue akoya and blue Vietnamese baroque strands that I could do that with, too.

For once, I feel like I'm in sync with everyone else. Usually, my pearls choices are nothing like your choices.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results