shape
carat
color
clarity

The NEW August Tahitians sale thread

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I picked up my completed Tahitian tin cup style rope with tourmaline rondelles (plus a few quartz pieces for interest). It looks much better than I was expecting, given it was my own design and all. :twirl: I popped it around my neck and trotted to the women's clothing shop next door to the jewelers, and received many compliments from the jealous ladies there. The stunning luster of the Tahitians, the beautiful rondelles, and the complimentary colors that will go with much of my clothing makes this piece a winner.

a0tc_1163.jpg

a0tc_1167.jpg

a0tc_1172.jpg

a0tc_1174.jpg

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that necklace came out beautifully! Fantastic redesign/repurposing of your previous pieces!

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
I was going to post about each item I liked, but I like them all.

GreenBling

Brilliant_Rock
Re: August Tahitians

cmd2014|1440801491|3920516 said:
Ok, here is what it looks like when you take 2 18-inch strands and clip them together with the bracelet (this is my multi colour strand from Ashley at PP on the bottom, and my blue green body Tahitian strand from PP's sale last year as the inner strand). I put the bracelet at the back, and nested the strands so that the larger pearls were at the bottom and each side has larger pearls going up the sides. It's not as classic as you would get if you deliberately made a rope designed to nest as a double strand, but no-one but a pearl person looking close is likely to notice. With this, the clasps still end up towards the back, and would probably be covered by my hair if it was down, or a collar.

Here's where the clasps fall:

This arrangement is quite heavy and makes me wonder if my neck would be happy if I were to get a triple length multicolour rope in the future (inspired by 4RG's birthday strand). I might need to go for smaller pearls if I were to go that route. It looks really pretty IRL though (it's hard to take a selfie of a longer strand).

Clever idea.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results