shape
carat
color
clarity

Tahitian and south sea pearls: online vendors

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
I am looking for some tahitian pearls for earrings.

The "reputable" vendors all have stock photos where you pick your size and color but I am very picky and am looking for unusual colors. I came across Auctionpearls which seems to be the same company as SevenSeasPearls on ebay. They have some smaller tahitians that appeal to me but I cant seem to pull the trigger. Any suggestions would be welcome.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Which reputable vendors who use stock photos are you referring to?

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
I've never heard of Auctionpearls or Seven Sea Pearls.

What do you mean by "reputable" vendors? The inverted commas suggest you think otherwise?

Personally, I've had great experiences working with Kamoka, Pearls of Joy and Pearl Paradise. The last two do use stock photos but the best way to get what you want is to contact them, let them know what you're looking for and request photos of options to choose from.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I haven't heard of those vendors but there is a sticky here with a list of vendors that we pearl lovers have had good experiences with over time. They are reputable (without quotation marks) and have good return policies too. If you tell one or more of them what you are looking for, they can send you some photos or find it for you the next time they go on one of their big buying tips. Please post pics of whatever you get!

bgray

Brilliant_Rock
Siameseroo|1484009809|4113888 said:
I've never heard of Auctionpearls or Seven Sea Pearls.

What do you mean by "reputable" vendors? The inverted commas suggest you think otherwise?

Personally, I've had great experiences working with Kamoka, Pearls of Joy and Pearl Paradise. The last two do use stock photos but the best way to get what you want is to contact them, let them know what you're looking for and request photos of options to choose from.

The quotes werent intended as skepticism more as an agreement that they are reputable. Thanks for the advice.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
bgray. Ebay is a horrible place to buy quality pearls. The seller you told us about has taken unflattering photos of their stock. I have nothing to say about them as I have never heard of them before. The people on our preferred sellers list will look in their safes and take photos of the item you will be able to buy. The photos on their sites are just a small window of what is available. There is another thread about vendor glamor shots as apposed to your shots once you get the item home. It may be of help with your search.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tahitian-pearls-vendor-vs-irl-pictures.205879/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/tahitian-pearls-vendor-vs-irl-pictures.205879/[/URL]

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
When stock photos are used then it's impossible to know what you are going to receive but hopefully it will bear some general resemblance to the photo at least in colour and shape and size. I can see when someone is selling a bunch of stuff all at once it's too hard to photograph each strand. That said it's good to note that it's a stock photo and the strand you receive may be slightly different.

If you are 'picky' and there is nothing wrong with that..we are talking about a bit of money here, then the best thing to do is to contact a vendor , tell them exactly the sort of strand you are looking for colour size shape and grade and your budget. Then ask for photos in natural light as well as indoors. Then you have a good shot at getting what you want. As stated before, these big sellers have hundreds of strands that are not listed... your strand might be in there :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results