shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Us Your Mother's Day Pearls

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
As usual, I couldn't wait for the Mother's Day sales. Does anyone know when they start, btw?

I've been wanting some big fat white pearls but we're getting some work done on the house and yada yada so trying to cut corners on the price, which doesn't always go all that well (haha) so we shall see. The strand is freshwater 10.5-11.5 mm (from lei family jewelry-2) and the earrings are 14-15 mm south sea (from the pearl society). I hope they look okay worn together but if not then I guess I'll just have to get some more!

What are y'all getting? :naughty:

china1.jpg

china2.jpg

society2.jpg

society1.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful, seaurchin! Please post photos when you get them. I had never heard of the first vendor before, please report on your experience once you get your pearls.

And I like the way you think... if they don't match, just get more pearls :clap:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I like the photos of the string, Seaurchin. The earrings look lovely too. Will like to hear your impressions when they arrive. I have eyed those lovely large pearls from that vendor on Ebay. I think we have had a few on PS that has said he was okay.

As far as my mother's day, I'm toast. I have had a small pearl binge at Kamoka in the last month or so with my bridesmaid's pendants (and one more for me). I also updated my earring wardrobe with a few Amazon purchases for the wedding and slipped in baroque SS dangles. They were so cheap I am not even sure they are really baroque SS. They ARE pretty though.

I promised my very tolerant other half I was done for the rest of the year. Then I found a diamond 5 stone on DB that would make the best little RHR :wall: . This was less than 24 hours after my reformation. I paid half and felt guilty all day long. At dinner I could stand it no longer and confessed my sins. Luckily, he was amused. He's a keeper. I apparently need a 12 step program.

When hubby came to bed last night he asked me what a pearl was made of - out of the blue. :) Maybe he's been pearl shopping! LOL

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Not shopping for mothers day. We don't celebrate it. I'm saving up and buying something at the ruckus where I see the item in person.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
I'm trying to hold off until Ruckus, although I just bought a bunch of stuff.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
It wasn't my fault. My finger slipped. :liar:

17.8x16.5mm Edison pearl with 14k yellow gold enhancer from the Pearl Society. "Lavender and rose with rainbow metallic shine."

ed2_0.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, the glamorous and wonderful ruckus. Maybe sometime I'll get to go, too. Can't wait for the photos!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
They look gorgeous seaurchin!
Totally understand how hard it is to control online shopping urges. I'm working on a few things too. Will share when confirmed.

Agree that it's always better to shop in person so that you can see the pearls and try them out but that's so many months away... No ruckus for me but I've a local fair to look forward to in July too. :appl:

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I wish our vendors would announce their sales soon -- I've started looking! Mother's Day seems early this year.

Your new strand is scrumptious, seaurchin!

Q

Queenie60

Seaurchin - your pearls are beautiful! Nice large drops.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
Seaurchin, your pearls are gorgeous. Wear them in the best of health.

And your finger slipped comment really cracked me up. Thanks for the laugh!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Seaurchin, how do you feel about your new pearls? They look lovely in the pics of course but I'm curious if they were 'true' to their vendor pics? Also noticed that the strand is unstrung. Will you be stringing it yourself?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, all.

Yes, I do think the strand and the earrings look true to the vendor photos and I'm really pleased. I've already sent the strand to PP for stringing and a clasp.

Anyone else getting any Mother's Day goodies?

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Sea urchin everything looks gorgeous, especially those WSS drops :love: :love: :love:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Tucs.

The earrings will be going to "the getting place" (PP) too. I decided I want a touch of diamond sparkle and a securely locking setting. I just ordered their Allure setting in yellow gold. The nice folks at Pearl Paradise said they can just attach the top dangly part and leave the cap and pin that I already have. As-is, the earrings are really charms on wires and I can easily slip them off.

I'll post pics again when I get the strung necklace and updated earrings back. (and again when my Edison enhancer arrives).

Goodness, I'm getting spoiled. :naughty:

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I'm a bit hesitant to ask, but when your get your wSS drop earrings back from PP, could you take a photo with them and your white metallic drops? I love the white metallics in the Blossom setting, but now I love your new drops, too.

Unless you still have the new wSS, and feel like taking a picture now ... :naughty:
Do we have a support group for pearl envy? :mrgreen:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I need to join support group too. I swoon whenever I see BN's double screamers n bba... All those natural hanadamas... 4RG's drops n bbas n... Hmm it's a really long list. Don't think I can actually list them all here.

What's the cure? Buy more beautiful pearls?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Sure, Ennui, I'll post a pic of the SS earrings with the PP white metallic in the blossom setting when I get them back. I already dropped the SS earrings off at the post office so I'll have to wait.

I don't think there is a cure for pearl envy,nope. The best hope is to get a steady supply of them yourself. :razz:

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Sea Urchin, your new pieces are lovely! Are PP always open to setting 'outside' pearls?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Siameseroo.

I've sent many pieces to PP for stringing or changing into their earring and ring settings. At first I wondered if that was pushing it and a breach of etiquette whenever I had bought the pearls elsewhere. But they've always accepted it cheerfully just like any other order. And after all, they set their prices and could always turn down a job they didn't want. As far as stringing/re-stringing, they do charge less to restring pearls originally bought from them but they offer the service on outside pearls right on the order form.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Just wanted to add that while the freshwater strand and SS earrings are different shades of white, I think they look just fine together. Maybe the distance between the neck and the ears is enough that the difference isn't noticeable when they're on, or maybe I'm just not that sensitive to it, I don't know.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
seaurchin|1461163484|4021655 said:
Thanks, Siameseroo.

I've sent many pieces to PP for stringing or changing into their earring and ring settings. At first I wondered if that was pushing it and a breach of etiquette whenever I had bought the pearls elsewhere. But they've always accepted it cheerfully just like any other order. And after all, they set their prices and could always turn down a job they didn't want. As far as stringing/re-stringing, they do charge less to restring pearls originally bought from them but they offer the service on outside pearls right on the order form.

Thanks seaurchin!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Mine (FBDN-2)!

Giant 11.4-15.2 mm Metallic White Semi-Baroque Freshwater Pearl Necklace
image_651.jpg

Who else bought some? Lotsa pics pls! I love to see Wilmas.

I do have a problem with the length tho. Apart from using orbit clasp (which is expensive and doesn't add that much length anyway), any suggestions on how to lengthen them? I've asked and they don't have matching pearls to lengthen with.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Icy, I have ordered one as well: Giant 11.8-15.4 mm White Semi-Baroque Freshwater Pearl Necklace (FBDN-18).

So it looks like you got the only metallic strand, you must have been fast! Can't wait to see photos.

5849-18.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to admit I looked at them too! I noticed that they went up on the website a couple of days ago, so I'm excited that you guys bought some so that we can all see them! (I didn't, however, realize that they would go on sale and sell out like hotcakes). I wish they had gotten earring pairs to go with them! I would have nabbed some.

In the end, I decided that they might be a bit too big for me (and the length issue would be an issue for me too...I prefer large strands to be around the 19-20 inch mark to keep from being chokey on my rather sturdy neck). So...I bought this WSS strand instead! I had it lengthened to 20 inches, and it's already on the way so should be here in a day or two.

"Description:

This luxurious strand features White South Sea pearls with drop shapes. The AAA quality pearls have very light to zero blemishes, sharp luster, and iridescent silver and rose overtones.

When knotted, the strand will measure approximately 18 inches. If you prefer a slightly shorter or slightly longer strand, we would be happy to accommodate. The strand will be finished with your choice of 14-karat clasp."

Edit: Do you think there's any chance I can convince DH that it was a gift from the cat?

website_picture.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
icy_jade|1461273898|4022187 said:
Mine (FBDN-2)!
I do have a problem with the length tho. Apart from using orbit clasp (which is expensive and doesn't add that much length anyway), any suggestions on how to lengthen them? I've asked and they don't have matching pearls to lengthen with.

You can have the strand set with a lobster claw and an extender chain. You can add a baby pearl to the end of the extender so it looks a little fancier.

We don't see many extender chains at PP, but they can do it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results