shape
carat
color
clarity

Quick help with WSS please

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Lovinggems - It's going to be a fun project, especially because those pearls are amazing! I think you'll love wearing a tin cup!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thank you pkinnew, I recently discovered my love for yellow gold and white pearls. I am usually a white gold girl. Definitely blew my jewelry budget this year. :shifty:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I am having a bout of bad luck with shipping lately, got really paranoid this necklace won't show up but it did today! I have to thank Chenai for her patience and superb customer service!

The necks shots are terrible but might help those considering a tin cup. The shortest length is 16 inches, longest is 19 inches. I think the rolo chain is around 2mm thick.

Also thank you for everyone's excellent suggestions.

_25812.jpg

_25815.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
At 16 inches and at longest 19 inches.
The shape of the necklace is roundest at 16 inches.
I bought an initial gold charm from Etsy as an anchor.

_25814.jpg

_25816.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I love both looks. Heck, I just love those white South Seas. Aren't the pearls gorgeous? :wavey:

You look amazing. :appl:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Fly Girl, you are so sweet, these have lovely luster, I just love white South sea pearls, I am absolutely pleased with the purchase.
I really love your ring by the way.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it turned out beautifully! The different lengths give such different looks! I am surprised what a huge difference one or two inches make!

It is gorgeous. Wear your new piece in health.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Bsomlo! I am now waiting for the SoC mabe pendant from Purepearls, then my pearl shopping is complete for at least a few months, I hope...

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
This is so classy, elegant, and beautiful!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thank you ckrickett!
Just adding the Sea of Cortez mabe pearl pendant from Purepearls in Rose gold, I think this will look best with a dark top. :dance:

_25818.jpg

_25819.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Very nice WSS tin cup. And the SoC mabe too, of course. Neck shots of that too? :)

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous tin cup, lovinggems! Really beautiful, looks luxurious with the big pearls.

I'd love to see neck shots of the two pendants, too!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your kind words seaurchin and Tucs!
I have one mabe only, the two photos are of the same mabe, mine I think is not the largest mabe at around 15.4mm long, I went for a more colourful one based on the vendor's photo.
The chain is delicate and is 16 inches long.

_25826.jpg

CRDKeshi

Shiny_Rock
Lovingems, Both your new pieces are just beautiful! The Sea of Cortez mabe pendant is stunning, colors like a rainbow, and makes a huge impact for a pendant. Those WSS pearls are so big, and just glow, how versatile to be able to change the look so dramatically just with the length ... Congratulations!!!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Love both of your new pieces..I like the setting in that Mabe. I usually find most of the mabe setting to be a bit ho hum but that's very cool. And the WSS...well...gorgeous is the word !! :appl: How are the pearls fastened on... are they wired on or does the chain run thru them? Hard to tell from photos .

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
CRDKeshi and katbran, thank you for your kind words!
Katbran, the necklace is just normal wire wrapped, the 'ears' are a tad smaller than the chain so they do not look intrusive at all.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
The mabe is lovely! Has really beautiful colours, well done.

When I said two pendants I was also referring to the Athena pendant, I'd love to see a neck shot of that one, too.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I love tin cups and your white ss is just divine. I might need to have mine redone :naughty: The idea of different lengths is inspired. Enjoy your new beauties.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl thank you, I am pretty sure your existing necklace is already amazing, but I can't wait to see it if you ever decided to redo
the design!
Tucs I forgot about that pendant, is it still on sale on PP? I took more fuzzy photos for you. One of them is my old deco pendant 13mm with 17 inch White gold box chain, the other is the Athena pendant 11mm with 16 inch yellow gold snake chain.

_25829.jpg

_25830.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
katbran|1420594921|3812759 said:
Love both of your new pieces..I like the setting in that Mabe. I usually find most of the mabe setting to be a bit ho hum but that's very cool. And the WSS...well...gorgeous is the word !! :appl: How are the pearls fastened on... are they wired on or does the chain run thru them? Hard to tell from photos .

I think mabe settings might be ho hum (now) because of the price of precious metals. I like bezel settings for mabe, such as this:
http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/myeO7_AgVFtTxeTyYt7u4eA.jpg

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks for that..I assumed from the size of the chain they must be wrapped but they did nice little 'ears' lol Often the ears show up a bit more..tho I suppose with Rolo chain being all little circles maybe they are not as noticeable. Lovely pendants as well !!!

Quite possible ennui ...that's a pretty setting .. :appl:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
ennui|1420610130|3812864 said:
katbran|1420594921|3812759 said:

I think mabe settings might be ho hum (now) because of the price of precious metals. I like bezel settings for mabe, such as this:
http://thumbs2.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/myeO7_AgVFtTxeTyYt7u4eA.jpg

Ennui you're absolutely right, price of precious metals had increased a lot, shame I wasn't into jewelry when the price were cheaper. Where was I in 2005 :doh:
Price chart from Kitco.com

_25832.jpg

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Great pieces, and thanks for sharing your photos! The tin cup is lovely, and you will find it very wearable. And of course the other pieces are beautiful as well. Enjoy them all!

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Lovinggems|1420608931|3812850 said:
4Ranch Girl thank you, I am pretty sure your existing necklace is already amazing, but I can't wait to see it if you ever decided to redo
the design!
Tucs I forgot about that pendant, is it still on sale on PP? I took more fuzzy photos for you. One of them is my old deco pendant 13mm with 17 inch White gold box chain, the other is the Athena pendant 11mm with 16 inch yellow gold snake chain.

Thank you for the photo of the Athena pendant, it looks great on you. Really looks quite substantial. I don't know if it's still on sale, but I noticed it during the sale and I liked it, and I was curious to see how it looks on the neck. It's beautiful.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Lovinggems, your WSS tin cup looks gorgeous on you! It is so simple and elegant. I love all the lengths, but especially the longest.

Your SoC pendant is also beautiful -- they are such special pearls to own.

sparks1007

Shiny_Rock
Love the tin cup and mabe pendant - lovely colours.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Kay and Sparks1007! I think longer length 9 pearls will look even better.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Your wSS tin-cup is gorgeous!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: Also your SoC mabe pendant is out of this world beautiful! Congrats and enjoy!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Pirard! Your extension idea is most helpful and now I can change the look of the necklace easily. I should get a pearl anchor though the charm I got is not heavy enough.
Thank you Litgeek for your lovely comments!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results