shape
carat
color
clarity

PP March Monthly Special?

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Anyone else give into temptation and pick up a strand of the jumbo metallic keshis?
Hisano is picking out a white strand of these beauties for me. I'm hoping to layer them with my gold ones! (Confection, you've inspired me to try layering! And pkinnew, you inspired me to try white and gold together.)

To make up for this moment of weakness, I'm going to give the upcoming Tacoma, WA Gem Faire a miss!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks periwinklegirl! It's so nice that someone else would like to wear pearl mixed too. I have noticed that since October I have wear my diamond pendant once, with pearls, not alone. And my lovely oec earrings have been on jewelry box too :o ...pearls are so funny and lovely; mixing them I get always different look and mood. Those keshis are ultimately delicious and shiny. When will You get them???

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Great choice, periwinklegirl! I'm partial to the champagne ones but need to add more $ into my pearl envelope for potential other beauties! Can't wait to see pictures!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
I really want to see pictures of these when you get them! I've also been tempted by the white ones.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I'm having a little sumpin' sumpin' made. (Tee hee.)

SMC

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1395093362|3636038 said:
I'm having a little sumpin' sumpin' made. (Tee hee.)
Could you please share details? What is it? :)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Too early for details. In the planning stage. Of course, I'll share all when it's done!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1395095848|3636064 said:
Too early for details. In the planning stage. Of course, I'll share all when it's done!
Yay, how exciting :twirl: :twirl: :twirl: Can't wait to see your finished design, I just know it will be fabulous!

periwinklegirl|1394858427|3634473 said:
Anyone else give into temptation and pick up a strand of the jumbo metallic keshis?
Hisano is picking out a white strand of these beauties for me. I'm hoping to layer them with my gold ones! (Confection, you've inspired me to try layering! And pkinnew, you inspired me to try white and gold together.)

To make up for this moment of weakness, I'm going to give the upcoming Tacoma, WA Gem Faire a miss!

So happy for you! I bet the whites with the golds together will look fantastic! Looking forward to photos :appl: :appl: :appl:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo - I love surprises! Can't wait to hear more about your new project!

periwinklegirl - Do you know the mm size of the keshis? Thanks!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
B - can't wait to see what you're cooking up! You have such great taste!

Pkinnew - 9-11mm! I know what you mean about the champagnes. I have some left from my multi rope (that I took apart). I'm making a mixed necklace with them (and white south seas & blue akoyas).

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
OK ladies, I need your help. Hisano sent me three pictures and now I have to choose!?!

Here goes...

The first strand is the A strand. This one has a creamy ivory body color with strong silver (some metallic) overtone. It has very smooth surfaces, not many wrinkles.

The second B strand is blueish white body color with strong rose overtone. It has very sharp luster with some dimpled surfaces.

The third C strand is similar to the A strand but doesn't have the creamy ivory body color. It has a strong silver overtone. There's few wrinkles and dimples.

All strands are 9-11 mm.

Although A looks stunning, I didn't have an ivory strand in mind. So I'm leaning B or C.

What do you think?

white_keshi_ivory_w_strong_silver_metallic.jpg

white_keshi_bluueish_with_strong_rose_overtone.jpg

white_keshi_strong_silver.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the pictures!!!

I usually prefer silver and don't like creamy -- but that first strand is a real beauty! I looks majestic to me.

I like them in the order you have presented them, A first, B second and C last.

Keep us posted!

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely A or B. I am more drawn to B, I must say!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
It is strand A for me 1000% love the color and the shape of those pearls are perfection. :appl:

SMC

Ideal_Rock
If you already have white-white pearls then go for A! Or go for A & B and see which one you like better IRL?

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone!

SMC - actually, it's more like I already have champagne keshi so I want silvery white this time. But blueish with rose overtones and sharp lustre is hard to pass up!

I'm thinking of asking for a pic of B & C together in case that will help.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
periwinklegirl - I like them in order too - A, B, C but if you've disqualified A then it's B for me - at least for now! I will hold my final opinion until I see B & C together!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
If A is out, then definitely B. Wait, didn't my pearl sister above just say that?!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies!

I'm leaning towards B too. I've asked for another picture to help me decide.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow..what a choice... I like em all !!

Depending on what you already have... I think B would be the more unique colour... so that would be my choice :love:

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo|1395276782|3637635 said:
If A is out, then definitely B. Wait, didn't my pearl sister above just say that?!

:lol: Great minds think alike!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Did someone mention strong rose overtone???? :love: :love: . For me, there wouldn't be any other choice :love: :loopy: :loopy: :lickout:

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
OK, here are the new pictures.

Also, I asked Hisano to comment on the two remaining strands for me. Here's what she said:
Here are two pictures of B and C strand side by side.
In the black background, you can't really tell the difference between the two.
The left strand is B and the right strand is C.

The white background is better for comparing.
In terms of sharp luster I think the B strand is sharper.
You can see that B strand has silver-blue body color with sharp luster and strong rose overtone.
The C strand has a nice silver-green overtone which is what the metallic strands usually have. It's not as sharp of a luster compared to B.

Based on the pics, I'm thinking B. I'll take a rose overtone over a greenish one. What do you think?

white_keshi_b_c_wb.jpg

white_keshi_b_c_bb.jpg

SMC

Ideal_Rock
periwinklegirl|1395454842|3639175 said:
OK, here are the new pictures.

Also, I asked Hisano to comment on the two remaining strands for me. Here's what she said:
Here are two pictures of B and C strand side by side.
In the black background, you can't really tell the difference between the two.
The left strand is B and the right strand is C.

The white background is better for comparing.
In terms of sharp luster I think the B strand is sharper.
You can see that B strand has silver-blue body color with sharp luster and strong rose overtone.
The C strand has a nice silver-green overtone which is what the metallic strands usually have. It's not as sharp of a luster compared to B.

Based on the pics, I'm thinking B. I'll take a rose overtone over a greenish one. What do you think?

B! Sharp luster FTW!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I've ordered Strand B! It will be on it's way soon and I will post pics when it comes.

Strands A and C are now up for grabs!

Bsolmo, are you ready to share details yet?

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
periwinklegirl|1395622142|3640127 said:
Ok, I've ordered Strand B! It will be on it's way soon and I will post pics when it comes.

Strands A and C are now up for grabs!

Bsolmo, are you ready to share details yet?

Great choice :appl: :appl: :appl: Looking forward to pics!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results