carat
color
clarity

Pearly 2015 Projects or desired acquisitions

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1435117378|3893346 said:
4Ranch Girl|1421604341|3818472 said:
This is one of those very big birthay years for me where I will be officially older than dirt. So I have been thinking about what my pearl list would have on it. I have several things that I have been on my list for several years. The first is the white and golden ss lariat. One of my favorites has been the very special white and golden necklace that Pkin had PP make for her. The mix of the color shades is perfection in my opinion. Next would be Sea of Cortez earrings or any special Sea of Cortez pearls Douglas has. This past summer seeing all of the special Tahitians every one bought from the PP sale made me realize I love Tahitian pearls most. Finally having gotten my "fat sisters" rope makes me know that this year needs to be a year of a very special strand of Tahitians.

My list for this year has only one thing on it. A double strand rope of light multi colored barogueTahitians. Like the rope Tilda Swinton wore in the movie "I am Love". Jeremy at PP will be on the look out for the perfect pearls for me.

A white and a golden south sea tin cup...check :mrgreen:

A double strand of light multi colored baroque Tahitians.....check :naughty:

And a round light body tin cup....check :love:

Kasumi earrings....not on the list but....check :D

Sea of Cortez mabe earrings, (picture from Sarah at KojimaPearl blog) I wish the necklace was mine but sadly it is not but it is still on Sarah's site....check :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1438123392|3908499 said:
golden snitch project is done!
:)

fullsizerender-89.jpg

Whimsical!! I love it! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I've decided that the only thing left on my wishlist is an abalone pearl. But, they are so rare and expensive, that may not happen.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
ennui|1438906661|3912004 said:
I've decided that the only thing left on my wishlist is an abalone pearl. But, they are so rare and expensive, that may not happen.

You never know. Maybe you can find one in a vintage piece of jewelry.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock

I think I saw one on diamondbistro

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1439235621|3913051 said:

I think I saw one on diamondbistro

I was just going to say that. It's still listed as being available. I don't know enough about them to know if it's a classic example of one or not, but it's worth a look.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, ladies! I had never heard of diamondbistro (and my credit card is now scowling). The abalone pearl I saw is shaped like a shark tooth, and that's not quite what I want.

I once saw an abalone pearl at an art fair, and was tempted, but it had a lot of dark blemishes. Abalone are unusual creatures, and having only one shell makes their pearls very ... odd.

I'll know it when I see it, and it probably won't be this year.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Two 18" pearl strands, made with round 8mm-10.3mm pearls. I strung them myself! img_2428.jpg img_2422.jpg
img_2432_0.jpg img_2424.jpg

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
And my daughter's new tin cup img_2375.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those turned out great! Was that your long rope that you converted?

I love the oxidized look of the tin cup too!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Pirard those are gorgeous! Is the necklace made with pearls you got from Jac?

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Pirard I love your new projects. What a great idea to combine two different strands for a rope. And your daughters new tin cup looks wonderful. I bet she will enjoy wearing it.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Excellent Tahitian strands, Pirard. Neck shots, please? :love:

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
I love your round tahitians Pirard, so colorful beautiful, and that tin cup, perfect. Please show neck photos on the rounds for us. The size is great! I am impressed.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! The two strands are not a rope, nor are they repurposed pearls; they are both 18"...and made with pearls I recently purchased from Jac. These are the round pearls from that lot (I still have a few more, to use for other goodies).ETA, the photos distort their shapes somewhat...the pearls are all really round or very near round. The tin cup for my daughter is made with Mangareva pearls that are drop shapes. The chain is black rhodium over white gold. I made a another tin cup using 9 drops from that same lot, on a yellow gold 2.3 mm rolo chain. The finished project came out at 22".

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
The colors are so difficult to capture, but they are all very vivid and each pearl is different. The one at the center point is a deep navy blue. There are also pistachio, cherry, aubergine, golden green, and silvery green. Tin cup: img_2449.jpg img_2453.jpg img_2455.jpg

juliebeth

Shiny_Rock
Pirard, such well-chosen pearls, and fashioned into such beautiful pieces! you have a great eye for this, i know that tin cup (and all of them!) is going to get plenty of ooohs and ahhhhs!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Here is an oval/off round strand I also strung: img_2462.jpg img_2459.jpg

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Juliebeth!

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock

ennui - You probably already know this, but Pattye recently listed a lovely abalone pendant! Not sure if I'm allowed to link to it here, but it is on the Bistro.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
Pirard, you have been busy, every strand is a knock out! :love: :love: :love:

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Pirard, your new necklaces are stunning. Those pearls have such wonderful colors and overtones. :love: :lickout:

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Pirard - absolutely beautiful ! Well done!!

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone! The pearls are all from a couple of lots I purchased from Jacques. They are stunning, and let me say they are very difficult to photograph because the colors are so much more vibrant in real life.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
I made this new tin cup yesterday: img_2593.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results