shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl Paradise Color-shifting Freshwater metallic strands?

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone see these in person, or purchased a strand for themselves? They are very intriguing to me!

TIA--Erin

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Pearl Paradise Color-shifting Freshwater metallic strand

I have seen them. I made a pendant and bracelet from a bag of loose pearls Jeremy sent me. I also have a strand of pink and green overtones that I received at the Pearl Paradise/Pearl-guide 2011 Ruckus in July. Pictures are attached, no adjustments except to reduce size. Lighting is not the best. They may not appear to have luster in my pictures, but they do.

The pendant has golden green, bluish lavender, pink/peach, bottom pearl is blue. I can't really describe some colors.

4RanchGirl has a long tincup posted here somewhere.

IMG_5384sm.jpg

IMG 5383sm2.jpg

IMG 5385sm2.jpg

IMG 5386sm2.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock

One more.

IMG_5388sm.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

The pearls are really beautiful but the picture do not show the luster or color shift very well. In person they are breathtaking. All of the pearls in both necklaces have a green overtone.

HHPmom I still think I want to copy your grapes necklace because it is so beautiful.

berry2.jpg

05-16-11adropFWnecklace tin cup.jpg

erinl

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks for all the info! It looks like the metallic color shifters now on offer are more of a teardrop shape, rather than truly round. I wish I could see all of them in person! The copper lavender are sold out, which was my first choice. I am at a loss as to which color I would choose. The silver pink are very interesting to me. I LOVE peach tones, but I have a lovely peach rice pearl freshwater strand from Sara at Kojima, and I am trying to build a diverse collection. Any suggestions? ;-)

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

erinl if you find these intriguing you really need to buy a strand. The history of how these came about make them very special. Jeremy of Pearl Paradise made 4 trips to China and Japan and personally chose each pearl for these necklaces. I was fortunatly able to go to see the pearls before they were sorted and drilled. From the original 700 some pearls minus HHPmom's I chose the tin cup. The next week the balance was packed ad sent to be sorted, drilled and strung into the strands that are there today. The hand selecting each and every pearl was very time consuming and I seriously doubt he will ever do this again. He was looking for pearls that had green overtone which is unusual. There were only 74 strands made of these. He also tried to train the factory to select pearls for him he was sent 6 kilos for this line but they were sent back because they were not gem quality.

My strand was one of a very few that are round. Most are drop shape. As for color they are all really beautiiful. You can't really go wrong with any color you get.

I do have some very beautiful pearls but I pinch myself when I look at these. They are that special!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock

Cut and paste from the other forum. I believe what he wrote below is from the first trip:

"No, they don't come from the same source or the same farm. The way you find them is by selecting from preselected and sorted pearls. When you go into processing factories there are rooms that contain loose pearls in baskets; each containing 50 kilos. The baskets are already separated and sorted by size, shape and surface grade. For some reason color and luster aren't separated. Well, color isn't, and luster almost isn't. So in order to find pearls like those above, you've got to go through the baskets (in my case, 9-10 and 10 -11 mm lots, drop shape, perfect surface) and select them. They pour the entire fifty kilos onto a long table on a white sheet and then you slowly move the pile to the other end of the table going through the pearls individually or in small groups.

I went through all the pearls available in those size ranges and quality at Sanshui, Angeperle and Ruan in January and came back with just a few hundred pearls. But the reason for that trip wasn't to collect enough for the line, but to train them how to select exactly what I was looking for. Now we have a little over two kilos, but need a few more in order to make consistent strands."

Attached is Jeremy's picture of the baskets.

IMG_3653-Jeremys pic.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock

4Ranch Girl|1314755238|3005938 said:
HHPmom I still think I want to copy your grapes necklace because it is so beautiful.

Thanks. The design isn't that original. I've seen it quite often. I believe PP had a pendant made the same way back in February 2008 when the first private exotic was offered.

Do post a picture when you have it completed. :)

erinl

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks 4 Ranch Girl and HPHmom-- that information makes them pretty irresistible. 4 Ranch Girl, the photo of your silver pink strand is breathtaking, the pictures on PP's site are nowhere near as beautiful. Their pictures seem pretty flat, the color difference between the different colors is very hard to discern in fact.....

BTW both of your collections humble me!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

Erinl That is the problem with these pearls they do not photograph well at all. But they are gem quality pearls.

HHPmom I can't wait to see what you do with your new Cortez pearl. OMG that is one beauty!! And the new one you did this summer in Hawaii the blue and purple, and, and I think I could go on for ever remembering your extraordinary pearls.

4Rg... that strand looks exactly like one I would like to get.. but I doubt they have any left like that

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

Bean call and ask if they have any of the multi with green overtones. If they do it will be very close to mine except more of a drop shape. Colors will be comprable. Good luck.

Edited to add that my strand was just one of the group. They are all of the same quality.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

I would like to have one of those baskets full of pearls

erinl

Brilliant_Rock

I bit the bullet today and ordered a strand of the gold lavender metallics. It is so hard to do sight unseen! I was wavering between the gold peach pink (which sold out ;( ) the gold lavender, and the silver pink. Still not sure about my choice, but I will see in a couple days!

beadchick

Shiny_Rock

The tin cup is insanely gorgeous. I am literally drooling. All I can think is, hmm...that would match everything that my tahitian pendant (july special) does not. I just emailed PP...fingers crossed they are still in stock!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

Beadchick what I would suggest is that you buy a strand of the multi colored color shift pearls to have made into a tin cup. Then pick out the colors and specific pearls you like. For 42 inches total length there is 25 pearls then use the rest for a bracelet. I will keep my fingers crossed that they will do one for you the problem they will have is the loose pearls. And matching the colors of mine will be almost imposible.

The necklace matches many, many of my outfits. Good luck!!!

LGK

Ideal_Rock

...Where the heck are they on PP's site?

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock

LGK|1314988675|3008455 said:

Private email list & Facebook only. If you have a facebook account, "Like" PP and you'll see it on their "wall".

LGK

Ideal_Rock

Huh, I didn't see it on the lastest email. Maybe I missed one, I'll go poke around gmail...

Thanks! :bigsmile:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock

LGK|1314988675|3008455 said:

You can do a search on the PP site using "shifting" and pull them up as well.

beadchick

Shiny_Rock

4Ranch Girl|1314986574|3008426 said:
Beadchick what I would suggest is that you buy a strand of the multi colored color shift pearls to have made into a tin cup. Then pick out the colors and specific pearls you like. For 42 inches total length there is 25 pearls then use the rest for a bracelet. I will keep my fingers crossed that they will do one for you the problem they will have is the loose pearls. And matching the colors of mine will be almost imposible.

The necklace matches many, many of my outfits. Good luck!!!

Hey Girl-

How long is your necklace? I think I'd like mine to end up about 20 inches. Am going to go just egg-shaped pearls. No rounds. I'm not sure how many inches of chain and how many pearls to estimate...since I'm gonna be a copy cat!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

Love copycats :appl: :appl: :appl: That is the best form of flattery!! I have worn it doubled almost exclusivly since I got it and with the enhancer that is pictured on my fireballs. Love wearing it doubled because it shows more pearls!!

opps edited to add that the necklace is 42 inches long with 25 pearls. Forgot to answer that part of your question. If you are buying a full strand mine has 40 pearls in it so you could have a long tin cup to double and then a bracelet too. Lots of possibilities.

Ok, dug the necklace out of the safe. Measured 20 and there is 12 pearls used and between each pearl is 1 inch of chain. My fabo color shift metallic necklace in the picture appears round but they aren't really if you look closely. I was not going for shape when I chose it. I was going for the color.

Glad we are going to be pearl sisters :mrgreen:

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

The enhancer I use is the one in my avatar here.

beadchick

Shiny_Rock

Pearl sisters!?! If only...gonna take a while to acquire such a lovely collection as yours.

So, I'm thinking 8-10 pearls for a 20 inch necklace? I talked to Mia at PP today and she's found some loose pearls for me. I'm trying to save up for a baroque tahitian strand as a reward for when I pass my boards, so I think I've got to NOT get whole strand and go with the tin cup for now. I'm also of the opinion that if one spends money on jewelry, then the jewelry should be worn. OFTEN.

I think a 20 inch necklace will be most practical for me, particularly since I work w/ impulsive little kids all day. Long necklaces are choice for pulling :Up_to_something: But, I think a set of matching earrings would be great with the necklace. So, I've messaged Mia, just waiting to hear back so I can pick out some pearls!!!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

Mia is great to work with and I am sure that what ever they come up with will be outstanding. Ask them to pick the darkest pearls in each of the colors. For balance choose 9 pearls. Choose one very special large pearl for the center front, then so it looks balanced choose complementary pairs, not exactly matching but close so it does not pull the eye. I measured with 9 pearls and it comes to 15 inches so it will be close to 1 1/2 inches between pearls depending on the length of the pearl. My center pearl is bullett shapped but the others are fairly well matched for size as well as color if worn long. I have matching earrings as well. They go with both of my color shift necklaces.

I am excited for you! Let me know of your progress. :wavey:

beadchick

Shiny_Rock

Ooh, matching earrings? Okay, cough em up, lets see. LOL.

Thank you for the advice. I also asked her to send me pics of the multicolor strands, if I fall in love with one of those, all bets are off on the tin cup. Will keep you posted!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock

4Ranch Girl, I am still drooling at your tin cup. It's at a perfect length to double so you can gaze at them all the time. The lavender pearls are so pretty.

Ladies, none of the color-shift are round. Most are drop shape. Some strands I saw at the Ruckus are near round like 4Ranch Girl's strand. PP definitely will custom made your tin cup. They may have lots of loose pearls left too from those cherry-picking trips.

Below are the pearls from the bag I received earlier this year to choose from.

IMG_5002-2.jpg

IMG_5001-2.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock

HHPmom you know we are all ready pearl sisters and I have copied you several times so have them make you a tin cup too :mrgreen: I had not a clue how it would turn out after I chose the pearls. Hisano asked Jeremy how long to make it and he told her long, real long. The rest was all Hisano. Her wire wrapping is TDF. Perfection!!!

On Sunday of the Ruckus did you notice her earrings? I am still dreaming about those. Diamond on the post, small diamod rondele then a drop pearl. She designed those too. Just put a little something together, she did. I might have to have her make me a pair.

Beadchick the best things happen when they dig around and find pearls. That is how I have gotten my best finds there. I am sure what ever you decide to get you will be thrilled.

beadchick

Shiny_Rock

None too impressed with pearl paradise right now. I had been talking to the salesperson (who I will not name b/c I'm trying to be nice) before the holiday weekend via email, and had called her, about getting the tin cup made. At the time, 9 strands were available and the loose pearls. Today, I finally get a response that there is one strand left, and pictures would be sent by end of day, no mention of the loose pearls, which I had also inquired after, and then today I get home from work and of course, the pearls are out of stock. Seriously? Again, no mention of the loose pearls, which I also assume are out of stock.

In same email, I get told that to make a 20 inch necklace, you pay for 20 inches of chain. Am I missing something? So much for my tin cup... :angryfire:

I was planning on getting a tahitian strand from them in a few months, I'm pretty sure it will be from someone else now. Grr...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results