shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinions on pearl pendant

Peepa

Shiny_Rock
Hi psers!

Getting a pearl pendant for Mother's Day and wanted some opinions on type and size. Originally I was leaning towards a Tahitian with green overtones at 13mm in size but now I'm thinking a golden or white south sea.

I realize everything is a matter of preference but any opinions to share? Will I regret not going bigger? Any tips on bail and/or chain?

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
An enhancer bale or larger opening to accommodate a thicker chain is important. Thin chains can't hold the weight of larger pearls without stressing them. Enhancers can be used on pearl strands , omega necklaces,, leather cords or thicker chains.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Peepa! I agree with NacreLover that an enhancer bail will give you more flexibility in wearing it. And I am a firm believer in the bigger the better! In terms of the pearl, do you have other pearl jewelry (earrings, rings)? If so you may want to get similar pearl or pearl color. I find I wear my white SS slide necklace more often than the other two because I love white pearls (!) and it just adds a simple classy statement to what I'm wearing. If you have pictures of what you're considering please post them!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
A good idea, and I know time is running short, would be to try on a few pendants to get an idea of the size that suits you.
And that was an excellent suggestion on the enhancer !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results