shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW My little h geode souffles:

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Yay! At the Ruckus Hisano presented her new little h geode line. As soon as she was done presenting, the audience swooped down to take a closer look at her jewelry. She had a tray filled with souffles and with baby nurse's help, I picked out a gorgeous souffle. It was large and metallic with a pleasing shape and a soft pink color. I asked Hisano to cut it so the exposed halves would be widest to allow for a larger area to fill with sapphires.

My earrings are in progress! Here are 4 pictures. The first is Hisano holding the souffle I chose at the Ruckus. Then the souffle whole. Next the souffle halves. And finally the interiors of the halves waiting to be loaded with sapphires! Now we're talking about the findings. There may be a surprise in store!

hisano_holding_souffle_chosen_for_0.jpg

whole_souffle.jpg

souffle_cut_in_half.jpg

inside_of_souffle_halves.jpg

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Those are going to be gorgeous!!!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
This is so exciting to see a pair of geode earrings in progress. You picked a beautiful souffle. What color sapphires do you plan on using? White or yellow gold findings?

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE these :appl: :appl: ! Thank you for sharing the pictures. A pair of these is on my short list ;))

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks crickett, Kay, baby nurse and juliebeth. I am very excited!

So Hisano asked me if I would like YG or RG shepherd's hooks. I said RG since I don't have anything in RG.

Then she offered the possibility of wearing them reversibly on hoops! Here is her example of WG hoops with geode Tahitians. I think they are spectacular! Elegant, gorgeous proportions, utterly unique. I'd buy them, but I'm afraid they'd blend in with my dark curls and get lost. Someone please buy these so I can enjoy seeing your ear shots!!!

I wondered if that hoop size would be too large with my large souffles so Hisano offered huggies or the slender larger hoops:

I prefer the proportions and slender look of the larger hoops. The earrings will be approximately 2 inches long.

I asked Hisano to send shepherd's hooks in case the hoops end up feeling too cumbersome.

The sapphires will have an ombre effect going from yellow to light pink, medium pink and dark pink. I gave her artistic license to decide if they'll get lighter or darker from top-to-bottom, and in what way.

Did I mention I'm excited?!

geode_tahitians_on_hoops.jpg

huggie_versus_hoop_for_finding.jpg

YC

Brilliant_Rock
I am excited for you too! I was drooling over the souffle with ombre sapphires on their sales page. The colour gradation is so beautiful. She has a very good eye and Iam sure yours will turn out gorgeous.
Too bad my jewellery funds are currently depleted by another project.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
Rose gold will be beautiful with that pearl. I'm excited to see what Hisano does. The color graduation from top to bottom looked great at the Ruckus, but I also thought it might look cool to have the color graduate from darkest at the center to lighter at the edges. I like the idea of the pearls being reversible on the hoops.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That's going to be just beautiful ! Love the tiny sapphires :love: !

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Yay! So excited for you too. Can't wait to see you model them.

Was wondering why no one got any geodes from the sale. :)

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the skinny hoops! So beautiful!

Someone bought the lavender geode earrings. Maybe just not one of us.

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your souffle is so pretty. I wouldn't have bear to cut it. But cutting it to allow gems to fill the interior beautifully makes the cutting worthwhile.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
What ever You decide, they will be delicious :love: . They could be very nice with colorless diamond lining too.. :naughty:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for posting this Bsomlo. I was wondering which one you selected. I can't wait to see how it turns out.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo - I'm so happy for you! Having custom made earrings is such a treat and these will be fantastic!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
bsomlo, the earrings with skinny hoops will be so versatile and they pair well in scale. I wouldn't get a Tahitian gem-filled earrings either for the same reason that they'd get lost with my dark hair. Hisano said even with the colorful Tahitians the inside is dark, not same color as the outside.

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my!!! :lickout: What a lovely souffle!! I am so excited with the direction your project is headed in!!! I can't wait to see the finished earrings!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Update: I thought about these earrings throughout the night and felt that the hoop on the left (huggie) was too chunky and that the hoop on the right was too large. I contacted Hisano this morning and asked if she can source smaller, delicate hoops. I think the proportions will look better that way. TBC...

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
One thing that I have been thinking, bsomlo. Do not consider just the proportions of the pearl and hoop to each other. Decide where next to your face you want the pearl earrings to fall. These are large earrings, and depending on the proportions of your jaw, neck and face, they may look better hanging higher or lower. That may help you to decide which hoop to use.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I know exactly what you mean. I've asked Hisano to model them once they're made to get a sense of where they fall (which will be a bit different for her than me, but will give me some idea). I wish I was in LA so I could try them on in-house with various findings!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
beautiful pearl you selected!! I can't wait to see how the earrings turn out!!! :appl: I agree with you about the small hoops not being "streamlined" enough. But I think the large hoops look, well...large :lol: I would think a smaller hoop like the first one, but with slim lines like the large hoop- would be perfect!!

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Voila! Hisano said we have a "winner" with the smaller hoop:

Fly Girl -- the large hoop and souffle are approximately 2". The smaller hoop and souffle are, from my rough calculations, approximately 1.75".

The large combo means the souffle's bottom would hang below my jaw line. The smaller combo means the souffle's bottom would hang at about my jaw line. I don't think I'll know if it's pleasing or not until I try them on. And I'm asking for shepherd's hooks to be sent with them in case I decide they look better that way -- or want to go back and forth.

smaller_hoop_versus_larger_hoop.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1409876240|3745074 said:
Voila! Hisano said we have a "winner" with the smaller hoop:
that looks perfect!!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
these are going to be stunning- i cant wait to see the completed photos

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Those look perfect! I like the idea of interchangeable hooks/hoops.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your enthusiasm and for joining me in my journey! I'll keep you all posted, of course.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
The smaller hoop looks much more proportionate to the pearl -- good call. I hope Hisano will supply more "in progress" pictures when she starts adding the sapphires so we can all see how these gorgeous geodes are made.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
That is a gorgeous pearl(s) and will be beautiful on the smaller hoops. I almost exclusively wear dangly earrings (hoops, drops, anything that hangs)...one product you might want to try to help make the earrings feel more stable and sit properly on the lobe...Lobe Wonder. These are little plastic tabs (kind of like the sticky part of a clear bandaid) that you place behind your piercing. It adds support to your lobe and the weight of an earring doesn't pull or stretch your lobe. I buy them on drugstore.com and they are very inexpensive. You may want to give them a try when wearing these beauties.

I can't wait to see the finished product...I am so very tempted by these.

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, you're getting me a little nervous. Souffles are super light and I haven't had any issue at all wearing larger whole souffles:

I had assumed a 1/2 souffle, even if lined with tiny gems, would be light... I also assumed the hoops would be light... are you thinking the combo of hoops + 1/2 souffle + gems will be heavy? I haven't worn hoops in decades. Are hoops harder/drag heavier on the piercing? Actually, looking at the pictures, eternal diamond dangle findings are almost hoop-like: http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-1951-eternal-diamond-dangle-earring-14k-gold.aspx

pp_souffle_akoya_0.jpg

pp_souffle_earring_with_diamond_findings_0.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results