shape
carat
color
clarity

My huge southsea pearl

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Since lurking here for the longest, I thought I would share my southsea pearl which I got back from the jeweler.

A bit of background: I was at the Basel World 2009 beg. of April which was also the last day of the fair and towards closing time while all the vendors were packing thier goodies away, I came upon Gerhard Hahn Pearl booth and saw this huge southsea pearl which I fell in love with immediately. Mr Hahn senior gave me a give away price for it and I snapped at it.

I took it to my jeweler local to me and told him roughly how I want it to be set. And now after 3 months its back and I love it!
30.gif
3.gif

Heres a pic in the box

sudseeperle 001.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
using 2 tiny rubies for the eyes and 2 tini mini tsarvorites for the tongue.....

sudseeperle 006.jpg

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/9/2009 4:16:43 PM
Author:megeve
Since lurking here for the longest, I thought I would share my southsea pearl which I got back from the jeweler.

A bit of background: I was at the Basel World 2009 beg. of April which was also the last day of the fair and towards closing time while all the vendors were packing thier goodies away, I came upon Gerhard Hahn Pearl booth and saw this huge southsea pearl which I fell in love with immediately. Mr Hahn senior gave me a give away price for it and I snapped at it.

I took it to my jeweler local to me and told him roughly how I want it to be set, using rubies and tsarvorites. And now after 3 months its back and I love it!
30.gif
3.gif

Heres a pic in the box
Oooh, it''s very pretty. Your jeweler did an excellent job with the snake design.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
here you can see the reflection of the camera right in the middle of the pearl...
3.gif

sudseeperle 020.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful! May I ask the size of the pendant? I would love to see a neck shot! I bet you get lots of compliments on it!!

brightlight

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/9/2009 4:34:02 PM
Author: megeve
last one the obligatory neck shot....
Oh, good lord woman! That''s GINORMOUS! I knew it was big but had no idea it was that big!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/9/2009 4:22:53 PM
Author: brightlight

Oooh, it''s very pretty. Your jeweler did an excellent job with the snake design.
Thank you, brightlight!

Yes, he die, didn''t he? I am so pleased with his workmanship!
9.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/9/2009 4:28:54 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
Just beautiful! May I ask the size of the pendant? I would love to see a neck shot! I bet you get lots of compliments on it!!
cushioncutnut,

Your wish is granted! Neck shot above!
1.gif
Thanks for your kind words!

Size is: 19.70x 22.30
3.gif
30.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Magnificent!!!

The pearl is gorgeous and your jeweller set it beautifully - totally unique. I don''t think I''ve ever seen such a big pearl pendant either
3.gif
It makes quite the statement on your neck! I love it!!!!!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/9/2009 4:35:42 PM
Author: brightlight

Date: 8/9/2009 4:34:02 PM
last one the obligatory neck shot....
Oh, good lord woman! That''s GINORMOUS! I knew it was big but had no idea it was that big!
HeHeHe! LOL!!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/9/2009 4:39:41 PM
Author: DiaDiva
Magnificent!!!

The pearl is gorgeous and your jeweller set it beautifully - totally unique. I don''t think I''ve ever seen such a big pearl pendant either
3.gif
Thank you so much for the lovely comment!

I have lurked for a long while and have seen your pearl collections. Love them, esp the pistachios!
30.gif
30.gif

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
My Goodness! The neck shot really puts its size into perspective! Very beautiful and I love the snake design too
9.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/9/2009 4:46:41 PM
Author: akmiss
My Goodness! The neck shot really puts its size into perspective! Very beautiful and I love the snake design too
9.gif
9.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
My GOSH that''s beautiful! I didn''t realize how large it was until I saw that neckshot!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/9/2009 4:46:38 PM

Magnificent!!!

3.gif

I have lurked for a long while and have seen your pearl collections. Love them, esp the pistachios!
30.gif
30.gif

Thank you! I love pearls but I love jewellery full-stop
3.gif

You are really rocking that pendant. I love how it looks on you. I was initially slightly puzzled by the 4-chain necklace but when I saw that baby on your neck, I knew it needed a 4-chain necklace to hold it up. Hahaha.... that is one kickass pendant
36.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/9/2009 5:33:38 PM
Author: szh07
My GOSH that''s beautiful! I didn''t realize how large it was until I saw that neckshot!
Thank you!

I am so conscious of the size at the moment when I wear it. Probably will take me awhile to get used to it!
2.gif

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/9/2009 5:59:48 PM

Date: 8/9/2009 4:46:38 PM

Magnificent!!!

3.gif

30.gif
30.gif

Thank you! I love pearls but I love jewellery full-stop
3.gif

You are really rocking that pendant. I love how it looks on you. I was initially slightly puzzled by the 4-chain necklace but when I saw that baby on your neck, I knew it needed a 4-chain necklace to hold it up. Hahaha.... that is one kickass pendant
36.gif
LOL! It has some weight on it!
35.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
23.gif
Holy Moly! I had a feeling it would be a nice size but that just takes the cake! No way anyone could miss that and not strike up a conversation! ABSOLUTELY MAGNIFICENT!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
Thanks for the neck shot... that really does put it into perspective!!!!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That is a huge pearl! I think the snake design is perfect. Love the chain too.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
LOVE IT! Its not something you see everyday and its gorgeous, I love the setting.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very unique and executed well by your jeweler! it is an awesome piece
36.gif

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just freaking unbelievable!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, it''s to die for. LOVE IT!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
That''s not a pearl Megeve, it''s a flippin football! It looks stunning on you. I''m picturing you all dressed up in an Audrey Hepburn "Breakfast at Tiffany''s" dress on with your hair all done up, getting ready to attend some embassy ball somewhere.

You said that the jeweller made the piece to your specifications I believe. Well that''s just an amazing idea you came up with - the serpent gurarding his precious jewel. I think you can give up your day job and become a jewellery designer. I can see your name up there in lights!

Ladies, I think we just witnessed the debut from the next Sotirios Boulgaris.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That pendant is gorgeous and so original. I love it.

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!!! that is fantabulously large and lovely!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
I LOOOOOVE the design!
30.gif
30.gif

it really is quite fabulous- and I''m sure you are just the kind of fabulous woman to be able to strut your stuff in a necklace like that!! "yes, I am quite stunning,
16.gif
, thank you" lol
2.gif

I just can not get over this... love everything about it! It looks great- but more than that- it looks even better on you. wear it in good health!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Really splendid!

cheers--Sharon

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
I am in love with your pendant! The size is really WOW! Wear it in good health, it is a lovely piece for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results