shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for jeweled clasp ideas....

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Everyone,
My favorite jeweler and I are going to sit down tomorrow and start working on some ideas for all my unset gems. Of course my first thought was jeweled clasps or rondelles to go on pearl bracelets!

So, I'm looking for design inspirations, preferably with coloured stones (although some diamonds are fine too). At this point I'm basically brainstorming.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I think a clasp for a double strand or triple strand of 10 to 12 mm pearls. Clasps that large are hard to find and costly. It might be a piece that you would want to wear in the front up towards the throat or on a longer strand to the side.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks 4RanchGirl!

I'm also looking for a design for a pendant bail (for a drop pearl) that would accommodate a 5mm marquise (it's a tanz). My jeweler came up with the idea and I like it.

I found some good bracelet spacers on Stuller's website.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
periwinklegirl|1396934295|3649534 said:
Thanks 4RanchGirl!

I'm also looking for a design for a pendant bail (for a drop pearl) that would accommodate a 5mm marquise (it's a tanz). My jeweler came up with the idea and I like it.

I found some good bracelet spacers on Stuller's website.

I have this in my saved folders. It could probably be tweaked so that it would look a bit less dressy.

_16733.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Love tanzanite and think it would look wonderful with a Tahitian drop or maybe if you have one of PP's Edison's from last fall that has purple or the blue body and overtones. What fun you will have designing pearlie creations this spring and summer.

That setting is TDF absoutly no tweeking required it is going to be perfection with a tanzanite :appl:

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I absolutely LOVE Tanz. The colour just speaks to me! I saw a whole case full of loose stones at a fair two years ago..the purpley glow from the jewellery case lights hitting those stones could be seen from across the hall. That is a fabulous design..I can just see that done with the Tanz. And a pendent is a good idea for that stone as it won't get knocked and marked up or scratched..they are so soft. Can't wait to see the possible designs!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks pink jewel, I appreciate the pic!
It helped me realize that I have something a little simpler in mind. I think just the tanz and no diamonds. Of course to some extent it will depend on which pearl drop I set. I'm thinking south sea, white or silvery. Either would look goof with violet!
I'll have to get out the old pen and paper and have a go!

Katbran, I'm getting some more tanz set. One in a ring, with either an emerald or tsav halo! Probably bezeled to protect the stone.
It's a good, deep violet blue, so will hold up against the green. I'm loving the idea of mixing coloured stones, now that I've started!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
We're also designing a jeweled cap for this beauty! It's 13mm.

18k yellow gold, with scallops to look like petals covering the point on top, with tiny colour graduated yellow diamonds, likely one on each petal.
Valerie (my jeweler) said, too bad you're on a spending hiatus, this would look great with some tiny yellow diamonds. At which point I grinned wickedly and said, oh but I have some tiny yellow diamonds!

_16734.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results