color
clarity

Lions and Tigers and Tahitians oh my!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover|1421505216|3817990 said:
I have also purchased other colorful pearls along the way to add into my multi color strand. This changes the look and makes it a new look. When I want a longer strand I can either remove pearls from the rope to add in, or add a bracelet to the back of the strand.
Nacre, I keep coming back to this gorgeous photo! What size are these pearls? And where do you find your "add on" pearls? Thanks again!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Pirard, I would have to get out the calipers. I change it frequently in length and components. I take pearls out of other strands and add it for other looks. The largest pearl is 15.5 and more than likely the back is either 11-or 12mm. You can buy loose pearls anywhere. If you come to the ruckus you can tour the vault and find many great colors of loose pearls to add into yours too, although that strand of yours is already perfect.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Pirard, This was the inspiration for my strand. These pearls were better quality and much larger than my 11-15. I couldn't afford this strand so I got my version at a lower price. Pretty huh. 13-14mm multi color tahitians

_26166.jpg

13-14-2.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi cind11 :wavey: I too strongly recommend PP. I've purchased many pieces from them over the last few years and have never had a negative experience. They're enthusiastic and honest. They have a no questions asked return policy and you have up to 90 days to make a return.

My most flexible Tahitian piece is a 50" multicolor rope I purchased this summer from PP, bought from the same lot as Fly Girl's,Kay's and Pirard's. These are wonderful pearls as the colors are lively, shapes pleasing and luster sharp.

_26167.jpg

_26168.jpg

_26169.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
@Baby Nurse- Wow, those are so bright and colorful. Wish I'd gotten in on that deal!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
baby nurse|1421635294|3818682 said:
Hi cind11 :wavey: I too strongly recommend PP. I've purchased many pieces from them over the last few years and have never had a negative experience. They're enthusiastic and honest. They have a no questions asked return policy and you have up to 90 days to make a return.

My most flexible Tahitian piece is a 50" multicolor rope I purchased this summer from PP, bought from the same lot as Fly Girl's,Kay's and Pirard's. These are wonderful pearls as the colors are lively, shapes pleasing and luster sharp.

Wow those are absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for the pictures. I will call them.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
cind11, Pirard's necklace from PP is as colorful as baby nurses , it's just the photo here don't show it as it really looks. PP will be doing their spring shopping soon. If you call and talk to them you can be put on the list when they go shopping. Off round will of course be what you're looking for and do you have a preference if you want smooth drops or ringed pearls? Please post photos when you get your strand.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, so very true! My rope was actually used in the PP photo shoot for that sale. My cruddy iPhone shots do not capture the great colors on the necklace, for sure!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Has anyone ever looked at or purchased Tahitians from an estate sale? Are pre-owned pearls a bad idea?

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
I have purchased a lot of jewelry, including a gorgeous double strand akoya from an estate sale. Always bring your loop and a polishing cloth and small light (use your phone's flashlight setting). I actually trust that more than eBay...at least you can see with your own eyes before you buy.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
OK here are some additional shots, on the neck in natural light, in a white box with indirect light. I just cannot capture the colors...the aubergine pearls show very dark, and the blues show green. Several of the pearls are bi-color or even multi color, showing stripes of reds and purples. One observation about a rope...don't wear it while working...it's far too easy to become distracted by the gorgeous colors!

img_1507.jpg img_1506_0.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Pirard, Thanks for more photos. The body colors and colorful overtones on your strand were why it was in the photo shoot.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Cind11 - I prefer multi-color strands because most of my clothing is single color (I know, boring!). If you don't need instant gratification waiting for the Valentine's Day sale may sale you a few bucks! Good luck shopping!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover|1421675155|3818830 said:
cind11, Pirard's necklace from PP is as colorful as baby nurses , it's just the photo here don't show it as it really looks. PP will be doing their spring shopping soon. If you call and talk to them you can be put on the list when they go shopping. Off round will of course be what you're looking for and do you have a preference if you want smooth drops or ringed pearls? Please post photos when you get your strand.

I do think her strand is lovely which I told her. I will post photos. :)

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Pirard|1421684470|3818884 said:
OK here are some additional shots, on the neck in natural light, in a white box with indirect light. I just cannot capture the colors...the aubergine pearls show very dark, and the blues show green. Several of the pearls are bi-color or even multi color, showing stripes of reds and purples. One observation about a rope...don't wear it while working...it's far too easy to become distracted by the gorgeous colors!

img_1507.jpg img_1506_0.jpg

These are stunning! Thanks for the additional photos.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
pkinnew|1421689274|3818913 said:
Cind11 - I prefer multi-color strands because most of my clothing is single color (I know, boring!). If you don't need instant gratification waiting for the Valentine's Day sale may sale you a few bucks! Good luck shopping!

I have many different colors in my wardrobe which is why I like the idea of a multicolor strand. And thanks.

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I actually spent an afternoon at a local mall (huge!), looking at Tahitians. I don't know what possessed me. Fun to wander in and out of jewelry stores, checking prices and choices. I was surprised at how many jewelry stores had lots and lots of Tahitians. Even Macy's had 15+ strands.

Anyway, I think a major factor is pearl quality (over pearl color). Some of the pearls were glossy and reflective, and some were dull and very poor quality. Most had slight blemishing (but I confess I didn't even ask to look at the super expensive, perfectly round strands).

All in all, an interesting afternoon.

Frost Me

Brilliant_Rock
NacreLover|1421505216|3817990 said:
I have also purchased other colorful pearls along the way to add into my multi color strand. This changes the look and makes it a new look. When I want a longer strand I can either remove pearls from the rope to add in, or add a bracelet to the back of the strand.

Nacrelover, I have never seen this strand of yours on the forum till now. It is absolutely stunning, the colors are so beautiful together.

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Nacrelover that Pearl Source strand is amazing ! Truly amazing colours. You make a good point about the cost..when you know that you will get the wear out of something it's always worth the cost in the long run..(tho the initial outlay is painful). Better to pay more and get something that is exactly what you want..money well spent as time passes. I'd have that strand in a second ! :love:

Babynurse - That is a gorgeous rope and the cost is a real bargain...50" !! my gosh that's almost 4 necklaces for that price ! And it's really really pretty ! Love the colours and shapes !

Pirard - Well WOW that's just stunning ! I love those colours ! Fabulous and I know you would get a lot of wear out of it !! :appl:

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Pirard, baby nurse & NacreLover - Love seeing your gorgeous Tahitians!!! Fantastic colors!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Pirard|1421681899|3818868 said:
Yes, so very true! My rope was actually used in the PP photo shoot for that sale. My cruddy iPhone shots do not capture the great colors on the necklace, for sure!
In the interests of completeness, and because I love the eye candy, here is a picture from that photo shoot. When the picture came out, I recognized the view of the balcony and the Pacific from the ruckus mansion immediately. :))

1tahitian-1024x683.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this is the picture! Gorgeous rope, Pirard :love:

Thank you for the kind words, katbran and pkinnew.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for your kind words ladies. I bought quite a few items from TPS . Nothing lately though.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Flygirl, thanks for posting that photo! I was hoping the pearls would make me look as gorgeous as the model, but it wasn't to be...she may have her looks but I got the PEARLS!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Pirard - You look gorgeous in those pearls too! It's the magic of pearls!!!

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
Pirard|1421874871|3820056 said:
Flygirl, thanks for posting that photo! I was hoping the pearls would make me look as gorgeous as the model, but it wasn't to be...she may have her looks but I got the PEARLS!

And pearls last a lot longer than looks! The model will wish she had the pearls, too! :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results