shape
carat
color
clarity

Jeweljunke's Sea of Cortez Pearl Collection

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
As promised to a fellow P.S. member, here is my little collection of SofC pearls:
IMGP2112.jpg
249239942.jpg
IMGP2518.jpg
soc2.jpg
ringone.jpg
ringtwo.jpg
dije_rosario_2___96216_thumb.jpg
IMGP2513.jpg
IMGP2516.jpg
18__50077.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Be still my heart love your collection of S of C pearls. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Douglas is a really nice man who takes real pride in his pearls. I bet he is very happy to know they went to a good home.

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
Oh my GOODNESS! Stunning! I love the mabe pendant with the leaves, looks like a Momma holding her belly with love. And the triangle pendant! I love how you have them displayed on shells - are those SoC shells? And can one buy such shells?

Thanks so much for this thread - what a thrill for you to have all those goodies! I wanna be just like you when I grow up ;-).

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
Hi Eloise. Don't you just love the color on those shells. They are not SofC shells. Hard to believe, but those shells were only about $5 each from an ebay seller. Nice seller, I told him I wanted to use the shells for taking photos and wanted lots of color and he hand-picked them for me.

The 'hand holding belly' pendant I found on Etsy, from a jewelry artist from the southeast. It was not badly priced and it is HEAVY 14k gold. She has another one with SofC mabe, but with one 'arm' holding the belly.

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
4RG and Bean, I love that you love them. It IS amazing the colors in SofC pearls. They look and photograph differently in any location you put them. I am mezmerized when I hold them and turn them in my hand. I am truly and completely :love:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
ah, that 2nd pendant sings to me!
lovely collection!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I have been lucky to see several strands being worn by different ladies at the PP RUCKUS 2 summers in a row and Douglas's pearls are just amazing. He and his partner have a burial ceremony and return the not so perfect pearls to the sea at the end of harvest each year. JewelJunkie enjoy your treasures of the sea.

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
Thank you guys :) 4RG, I would LOVE a full strand, and maybe if I stopped buying other pearls and jewelry, I could afford them. I probably should start a savings account JUST for SofC strand, but I just don't trust myself to not touch it :devil:

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful collection of pearls. Did you buy your SofC collection directly from their website or though a jeweler?

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
Nacre lover, All but the first two I purchased directly from co-owner of SofC, Douglas. He goes out of his busy way to help pick out what you want. He is a very special person. The first one I purchased from a different website and the second one from a jewelry artist on Etsy from the southeast. She apparently vacationed in Mexico and while there bought some Mabe pearls. She has another similar pendant listed on Etsy. Her carat gold work is very heavy and lovely.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Douglas is wonderful. I got to meet him at the Pearl Paradise ruckus last July. Did he send them to you from Mexico or did you go to see him? I purchased some pearls from a high karat SW ebay seller also (druzydesign). I wanted some of Douglas's mabe to add to a custom piece to compliment the pearls I purchased from her. Photographing them must be a nightmare so I have been holding off buying some until I see him again , hopefully this July. It would be easer to match them in person, I hope.

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
Nl, I bought them from Douglas through his website and am friends with him on FB. I think I bought my first sterling silver piece from him even before he was on P-Guide... years ago. Fell in love at first sight. I've never been to Mexico. He asked if I was going to Tuscon, but I couldn't make it, maybe someday I'll get to meet him in person. Love Druzy too. Here is link to the etsy seller: http://www.etsy.com/shop/DesignsbyDorris

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the link, I live near this seller. How do you buy things on esty? I have never purchased things there before. Did you see Douglas's section at Tuscon? He posted it on his facebook page. I wish I could go there too.

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
I did see his FB post on his booth. Looks great. Hope he does well. I just wish he had a better online shop, with more items. Maybe some day. On Etsy...I have purchased several items. It is a really nice site. Alot of handmade artistic and interesting items. I do sell there too but I'm kinda lazy and don't post half of what I make. I can always do that tomorrow, right? Seriously, it is easy to buy from Etsy. I don't even think you have to be a member. Just hit the buy button and pay.

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
Honora Pearl Jewelry -- I have reported you for spamming my post. Shame on you. Start your own post if you want to advertise your stuff. If you have ANY respect, REMOVE your post.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Jeweljunke-

I love all those pearls, I had not herd of Sea of Cortez Pearls until a few weeks ago, but they are just beautiful. I love the pendant with the gold leaves.

Jeweljunke

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Ltl. Everyone seems to love the leaves pendant. So glad I splurged on it. If you ever see a SofC pearl in person, you too will loose all self control and just have to have one. They look different everytime you look at them, and different in sunlight as opposed to indoors.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results