shape
carat
color
clarity

International Gem Show??

relysa

Rough_Rock
Hi!

I am new in the world of learning about gemstones. I have been reading posts here about diamonds, but I also want to learn about other gemstones and pearls too, and I know I need to see them in person to see what I have been reading about.

I also posted this topic in Rocky talky.

So, I really want to see a lot of gems ,unfortunately B&M doesn't have a lot of natural gemstones and if they have, there is not much pieces to compare it from. I have been wanting to attend gem shows, I found this "International Gem and Jewelry Show" in LA and Santa Monica.

For those of you who have attended the same show in the past ,especially in SoCal. I need your inputs please.

I have been wondering if it's worth to attend this show. Do they have vendors with natural stones and/or pearls, as well as good and reputable jewelers. There are vendors listed at the website, but the names/companies are not familiar to me nor have read in this forum .

I am particularly interested in seeing precious stones and pearls (freshwater,Akoya and south sea to compare and contrast) and to see the luster and color in person because I know pictures doesn't show any justice to these beauties! :)

Here's the link for the show:

http://www.intergem.com/

Thank you in advance! :)

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
HI.
I go to this gem show all the time. I have literally spent thousands and thousands of dollars there.
there are great vendors and some I wouldn't give a penny to.
There is a vendor called Daisy Blue. He makes all hand made settings. They are incredible. I did purchase one. It is far from inexpensive, but well worth it. I will be there this friday. Here is the setting that I got from him.
Ask a lot of questions. If you don't know something, ask them. there are more good vendors there than not.
Happy Shopping.

_16621.jpg

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
If you are in America the biggest gem show is held in Tucson. Plenty of info about pearls and gem shows on what this forum calls 'another forum'
If you aren't in America there are gem shows available all around the world
(but a bit odd that a question about pearls gets a gem ring single maker answer?)

relysa

Rough_Rock
Gem queen thanks for showing your gorgeuos ring!!!

Pearlescence, I have read about the one in Tucson from another forum... Its just sad that when I started to get interested about gems and pearls ,the show was already done for this year :(

But, if you know other good jewelry shows in the US, let me know so I could check it out if my schedule permits :)

I hope I could go there next year, and if I will I hope I could meet some of the people in this forum and the other forum too!

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
There is a large show in Las Vegas shortly but I'm not too sure if you can get in to the venue. You might want to look here..but it seems to be for trade only..http://www.agta.org/tradeshows/gemfair-las-vegas.html

From what I've read , Wendy is right in that the Tuscon show might be the best bet as I think they have several different levels of attendance. Some areas are trade only and others are not... but best to check out their site. Google the organizers..they might have several different shows around the country. I'm in Australia so tend to go to the Hong Kong shows as does Wendy.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results