shape
carat
color
clarity

If You Had $700 To Spend On Pearls What Would You Buy?

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
I will have about $700 to spend for the PP Mother's Day sale and I am agonizing over what to buy. I love pearls and am just starting to build a collection. I have one Tahitian Baroque strand and that is it. I'm saving some of my pennies for when the Blue Baroque's go on sale in June; but, I will have about $700 to play with now. I am debating over a classic Freshadama strand or a classic AAA Akoya strand as well as a metallic strand. I'm open to suggestions though and am curious how other people would spend the money.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would get earrings to either match your baroques or white south sea dangles in largest size within budget because they go with everything.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
ltlmsmfft|1396898406|3649104 said:
I will have about $700 to spend for the PP Mother's Day sale and I am agonizing over what to buy. I love pearls and am just starting to build a collection. I have one Tahitian Baroque strand and that is it. I'm saving some of my pennies for when the Blue Baroque's go on sale in June; but, I will have about $700 to play with now. I am debating over a classic Freshadama strand or a classic AAA Akoya strand as well as a metallic strand. I'm open to suggestions though and am curious how other people would spend the money.

Such a hard question! It really depends on how you dress, and what's going to get the most wear.

Since you already have a Tahitian strand I'd say maybe something classic. Metallics would be a good bet.

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
I love the idea of ss dangle earrings. I hadn't really thought about earrings much ; but, I am all for getting pieces that will be worn to death and go with everything.

I work in an office full time and wear buisness casual clothes most days. I would get the most use out of pieces that go with black slacks and cotton buisness casual type shirts.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
South Sea pearl dangles would also be my pick. They are classic and go with everything from jeans to evening wear in my book.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
My go to earrings are white ss or cherry Tahitians with the romance setting from PP. I love the dangle with a little bit of a diamond because the dress up or down. I were you I would get which ever one I did not already have.

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
I would get a longer white akoya strand (think 20"). You could get 7-7.5mms in your price range. I have one that length and I wear it all the time to dress up my casual office attire. Looks fantastic with dark tees!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely love my freshadama strand, so that gets my vote :love: It is classic and timeless!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
My first choice would be a freshadama or metallic white strand because of the classic look. Maybe you could swing a pair of small drops or studs too????

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for your input! I think I am going to go for a Freshadama strand. I really want an akoya strand; but, I got some comparison photos from PP a few weeks ago and the photos made me realize I want the very best of both freshwater and akoyas, so I am going to save up for a Hanadama strand next year. I am also going to go for white SS dangle earrings. I was kind of at a loss for earring choices; but, your recommendations have helped me make up my mind. The only thing that might make we wait in the SS earrings is if they have a killer deal for Mothers a Day that I can't pass up. If that happens I will aim the get the SS dangles with the blue akoyas in June. Thx again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results