shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with wedding gift!

Jm1050

Rough_Rock
Hey - I am looking for some advice on a wedding gift for my soon to be wife. I was thinking about Akoya earrings with one diamond underneath. I was thinking 8mm or larger and was looking to spend about $1000. Any advice or input would be appreciated. I live in NYC so any local or online store would work. Thanks in advance.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the drop earrings from Pearl paradise better if you want to incorporate a diamond. Maybe they can do a custom order to make the diamonds larger.

If you want a stud design, I prefer no diamonds

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I also like drop earrings, personally.

PP is fantastic to work with and they will be happy to customize your order, in my experience!

Keep us posted. We love a good pearl story, especially when there are pearl photos along the way with a happy "ear shot" ending. Your future wife is a lucky, lucky woman!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally don't find that design appealing. As you mentioned, the diamond size doesn't look proportionate to pearl size. Pearl Paradise does do that design with akoya and perhaps can customize diamond size as JulieN suggested.

Does your future wife prefer to have diamonds? IMO that makes the earrings too dressy and I like to be able to wear my pearls everywhere with everything.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another thought, if she already has diamond studs, you can get pearl drops for a very dressy look and more versatility.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Jm1050|1400101316|3672891 said:
Thanks for the reply. I've been looking at that site. I saw these, which are probably a good example of what I was looking for (although they are not Akoya as I originally suggested.)

http://www.pearlparadise.com/p-86-starlight-collection-90-100-mm-white-south-sea-pearl-amp-diamond-stud-earrings.aspx

It's tough to tell but I thought slightly larger diamonds may look nicer. Let me know what you think.

There ain't nothing wrong with SS Pearls :Up_to_something: :lickout: :naughty: ;))

I would contact PP though, they are VERY friendly and I am sure they could help you customize exactly what you are looking for.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Jm1050 - You are so sweet to think of getting your future wife a pair of lifetime earrings! I like the design, very elegant. I think contacting PP and having them give you options in terms of pearl type and size of diamond is a great idea. I'm sure she will be thrilled with whatever you pick. Congratulations!

ltlmsmfft

Shiny_Rock
I would either want studs with just the pearl and no diamonds or a drop earring with a diamond. It all comes down to personal choice though. If you think your wife would like a large stud with a diamond that is what you should get. As was suggested before, you may wish to have a pair custom made with diamonds large enough to be in proportion to pearls of that size. Hope that helps!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results