shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond huggies for pearl drops

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
I have been searching for the right little diamond huggies so I can start hanging some drop pearls from them. I'm having a hard time finding the perfect ones. Anyone have some suggestions, or can you tell (and show ) yours? thanks for any help!!! :twirl:

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
+1. I've been looking too, and haven't been feeling very successful.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Here are my huggies, shown with Tahitian drops that are set with a large white gold eye pin from PP. The huggies are Roberto Coin from several years ago. I have seen similar design earrings at my local jeweler for around $350-$450 depending on carat size. Mine are tiny pave set diamonds. There are so many different varieties it's best to either look up a catalog or visit a bricks and mortar store to see what style you prefer for your ear.

img_2260_0.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1441282002|3923006 said:
+1. I've been looking too, and haven't been feeling very successful.

we can look together!!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Pirard|1441283904|3923018 said:
Here are my huggies, shown with Tahitian drops that are set with a large white gold eye pin from PP. The huggies are Roberto Coin from several years ago. I have seen similar design earrings at my local jeweler for around $350-$450 depending on carat size. Mine are tiny pave set diamonds. There are so many different varieties it's best to either look up a catalog or visit a bricks and mortar store to see what style you prefer for your ear.

img_2260_0.jpg

Yours are very pretty. I had previously checked Roberta Coin's site and he has the closest to what I'm looking for so far. I don't remember seeing your style- but I'm looking for one row of diamonds so may have missed them. I want really sparkly diamonds which seems to be hard to find in these little earrings. Since Roberta Coin usually uses nice diamonds I'm sure yours have a lot of sparkle!! Whiteflash used to make some, but they've discontinued them.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
I did look around for some diamond huggies for a while. I love Icyjade's and wanted something similar, maybe a bit shorter in diameter (hers are 14mm) as my ears/earlobes are small. I wanted huggies with one row of diamonds, but where the diamonds would be quite exposed and very sparkly. Whiteflash showed me a few options but I decided to wait and search further later on, including B&M stores. You may want to contact them to inquire about options.

PP also used to have some pave diamond huggies in stock, they now show as out of stock; I don't know if they can order them for you. They are too wide for my ears so they wouldn't work for me.

I also like the Kiki McDonough ones the Duchess of Cambridge has in YG, which are smaller (12mm), but I'm not sure about how sparkly the diamonds are for the price.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Tucs|1441289727|3923060 said:
I did look around for some diamond huggies for a while. I love Icyjade's and wanted something similar, maybe a bit shorter in diameter (hers are 14mm) as my ears/earlobes are small. I wanted huggies with one row of diamonds, but where the diamonds would be quite exposed and very sparkly. Whiteflash showed me a few options but I decided to wait and search further later on, including B&M stores. You may want to contact them to inquire about options.

PP also used to have some pave diamond huggies in stock, they now show as out of stock; I don't know if they can order them for you. They are too wide for my ears so they wouldn't work for me.

I also like the Kiki McDonough ones the Duchess of Cambridge has in YG, which are smaller (12mm), but I'm not sure about how sparkly the diamonds are for the price.

I love Icy's too- they look very sparkly! I have looked at Kiki's online, but they are so small for the price and I'd need to see them in person.

And, I also noticed PP's are out of stock, but they're a possibility. I have fairly good sized earlobes

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
NacreLover|1441291352|3923074 said:
https://www.pearlparadise.com/p-313-huggie-diamond-pave-earrings-18k-white-gold.aspx
Did you see these?

yes, thanks!! They are out of stock right now. Do you have them?

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
pinkjewel|1441293129|3923091 said:

I love Icy's too- they look very sparkly! I have looked at Kiki's online, but they are so small for the price and I'd need to see them in person.

And, I also noticed PP's are out of stock, but they're a possibility. I have fairly good sized earlobes

Yes, that's how I feel about the Kiki ones... unless the British pound suddenly sinks or something...

As for the PP huggies, when I said wide I meant diameter wise. I inquired back when they were still in stock, and they were at least 16 or 17mm, I can't remember exactly. I remember pkinnew has/had them and she used to post ear shots wearing them with pearl drops.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Tucs|1441295237|3923110 said:
pinkjewel|1441293129|3923091 said:

Yes, that's how I feel about the Kiki ones... unless the British pound suddenly sinks or something...

As for the PP huggies, when I said wide I meant diameter wise. I inquired back when they were still in stock, and they were at least 16 or 17mm, I can't remember exactly. I remember pkinnew has/had them and she used to post ear shots wearing them with pearl drops.

Take a look at the Preowned Section for more photos of pkinnew's hoop earrings.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My problem is that I know what I am looking for...but can't seem to find it, or at least not in a price range that I am willing to splurge on. I'd love a single row, pave set, white gold huggie where the diamonds are prominent and sparkly. Jewelry stores here only seem to sell channel set huggies or multi-row earrings that are $$$. I have found a few online but it is hard to tell size. I'm thinking 2mm would be a good diameter to get hoops over, and maybe 13-15mm long.

I like these ones, but they are out of budget once it gets converted into CAD:

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/...e93d836@H9@CUSTOMERS ALSO VIEWED$16975$486106

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
cmd2014|1441307624|3923238 said:
My problem is that I know what I am looking for...but can't seem to find it, or at least not in a price range that I am willing to splurge on. I'd love a single row, pave set, white gold huggie where the diamonds are prominent and sparkly. Jewelry stores here only seem to sell channel set huggies or multi-row earrings that are $$$. I have found a few online but it is hard to tell size. I'm thinking 2mm would be a good diameter to get hoops over, and maybe 13-15mm long.

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/...e93d836@H9@CUSTOMERS ALSO VIEWED$16975$486106

those are the ones I've been looking at, too. they are the closest to what I'm thinking. I'll stop by Saks next week to see if they have them to try. The price seems a bit steep for what they are- but at least all the roberto coin pieces I've purchased have been high quality.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
SMC|1441310221|3923261 said:
I don't know much about huggies, but these seem like a possible option: http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/new-additions/25ctw-round-brilliant-diamond-huggie-earrings#.VeillvlVhBc

Single row of pave, not too $$$.

yes, I checked those out earlier, too. I liked that they were platinum and nice quality diamonds, but not sure how the curved ear wire would sit in my ear. I think the earring may tend to droop. all the others I've seen have straight ear wires and a little "stop" at the front and back which should keep the earring sitting straight. And maybe a bit more metal than I want.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
pinkjewel|1441310696|3923266 said:
SMC|1441310221|3923261 said:
I don't know much about huggies, but these seem like a possible option: http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/new-additions/25ctw-round-brilliant-diamond-huggie-earrings#.VeillvlVhBc

Single row of pave, not too $$$.

yes, I checked those out earlier, too. I liked that they were platinum and nice quality diamonds, but not sure how the curved ear wire would sit in my ear. I think the earring may tend to droop. all the others I've seen have straight ear wires and a little "stop" at the front and back which should keep the earring sitting straight. And maybe a bit more metal than I want.
Ah, very valid points. I only wear studs, so I would never have thought of this stuff.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
cmd2014|1441307624|3923238 said:

Those look very pretty, but 0.25" diameter?? That's just above half a cm.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Those are similar...mine are VS1, H color set in 18k. They don't have the pattern on the sides of them. My husband got them for me years ago, I thought it was five, but my daughter reminded me she was in second grade (she just graduated from college). Mine are a huggie version of these earrings, with white gold and diamonds. They have a snap bar closure rather than omega post, but otherwise the same style:
http://us.robertocoin.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/2/1/211537ayerbd.jpg

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I've used regular white gold hoops, plain, no stone. The trick is finding earrings that fit through an eye pin.

Pirard

Brilliant_Rock
Indeed! I found that mine worked well with the large eye pin from PP.

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Pirard, your Huggies are very pretty and do go very well with PP eye pins. I wonder if the thin huggies (2mm) would look silly with those.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Tucs|1441329273|3923386 said:
Pirard, your Huggies are very pretty and do go very well with PP eye pins. I wonder if the thin huggies (2mm) would look silly with those.
Here they are, Tucs, on small huggies. I suppose the eye pins could be smaller, but these PP eye pins give me the option of switching to different huggies if I want. Frankly, the pearls are moving all the time, and no one spends that much time studying them. Besides, I was at PP for the ruckus without my huggies, and I was quite confident that these eye pins were large enough for my earrings.

I think the proportions would have to be much farther off than this before I would worry that someone would think my earrings look silly.

_26833.jpg

Tucs

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Fly Girl, well, with those beautiful pearls and diamonds it's hard to see the eye pins! I agree it would be even harder IRL.

May I ask where you're huggies are from?

ennui

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think my PP eye pins are that large. Maybe they are. I was commenting from the perspective of already owning pearl charms, and finding hoops that fit. I know some of my gold hoops are too thick.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Tucs|1441331423|3923402 said:
Thanks Fly Girl, well, with those beautiful pearls and diamonds it's hard to see the eye pins! I agree it would be even harder IRL.

May I ask where you're huggies are from?

Thank you, Tucs. I got the huggies a couple of years ago from a jeweler who came to the Oshkosh air show and who had them on clearance. I just knew that they were the perfect basic earring for me and snapped them up on the spot.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love everyone's diamond huggies! I think I posted about huggies for drops about 4 years ago. I've gotten plain white huggies but haven't found a good place to buy drops.

Any suggestions in addition to Pearl Paradise?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results