shape
carat
color
clarity

A few of my Tahitian pieces

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I bought my first Tahitian pieces when we vacationed in Hawaii years ago (not pictured here). And they were not reasonably-priced like most reputable online vendors. Most of my pearls are from PP. The avatar strand, 2 baroque peacock strands, short multi-color round strand are custom-matched by Jeremy.

The 3 pendants (double pendant of blue and pink, oval peacock and drop peacock on wavy findings) are from Tahiti Pearl Market in Honolulu. They are slightly more expensive than PP, but because they own their pearl farms, the selection is amazing. Their pearls are super gorgeous and very colorful. Their pastel-colored pearls are to-die-for. The 2 multi-color drop strands and silvery strands were hand-picked by me when I visited PP in 9/2009. I wrote about my trip on pearl-guide, the Tahitian Pearls forum, thread name is "Guess who came to visit". I couldn't put the link here. The champagne South Sea from the mixed strand (Tahitian, white SS, gold SS) is from TPO.

I've worn 2 strands together, but one is nested neatly inside the other. I will have to try triple strands layered like Lucy. I don't think I can carry several at once.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
The longer multi-color round strand (also shown coiled) is from Tara Pearls (Tara & Sons). That strand is so lustrous. It''s similar to a strand I tried on in Hawaii in 2008. The sales lady let me try a few on and took pics (attached here). It is 19.5" long, 8-10mm approx, for about $9500.
8.gif

IMG_1886 small.JPG

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks for sharing all your info! I will have to find that thread on PG. I am just mesmerized by your collection!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Hmom, I just checked out your other thread. I would have been bankrupt if I''d been at PP - I have no discipline and would have wanted to buy everything in sight! LOL.

Your pearls are just fabulous!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/24/2010 6:27:06 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
thanks for sharing all your info! I will have to find that thread on PG. I am just mesmerized by your collection!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I checked it out and responded, however, I had to respond here! I don''t know how you could do it as I thought I would have died and gone to heaven with all those gorgeous strands laid before me. Having a little of that fine Scotch that they offered would probably enable my judgement enough that I would have left with quite a few more strands and an emptier wallet...LOL!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a neck shot of the avatar (multicolor drop strand). The colors got washed out after downsizing.

IMG_4270_1.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
One more!

IMG_4271_1.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Multicolor baroque strands on neck. I don''t know how everyone can size their pics to less than 100 KB but their pictures are larger than mine. The other forum, my pics look larger and the attachment requirements are larger. Arghh... Colors don''t come out like I see.

IMG_3128x_1.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Jeremy''s multicolor round strand and white freshadama.

IMG_3448trim_1.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh just gorgeous! The freshadamas look to be a nice size too!!! I just love your collection! Thanks for sharing more pics! ...and I agree, it is so hard to capture the true colors of the pearls...but I think you did a pretty good job!!

Oooh I love those! The length is perfect on you :)

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the neck shots, Hmom. You wear them beautifully!!!

I agree, I don''t know who some of the other PSers are able to resize yet retain the colours of their jewellery.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Hi HPP,

I read your thread in Pearl Guide, thanks for pointing it out. All those strands- how incredible.

You said in Dia''s thread you wore three strands stacked and sometimes wear them wound. Would so love to see pictures. Thanks so much for the comments in my thread too.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 12:54:48 PM
Author: gardengloves
Hi HPP,

I read your thread in Pearl Guide, thanks for pointing it out. All those strands- how incredible.

You said in Dia''s thread you wore three strands stacked and sometimes wear them wound. Would so love to see pictures. Thanks so much for the comments in my thread too.

Gardengloves,
These are taken a few minutes ago without natural lights. Pearl colors are not true to life but you get the idea.

IMG_4276_1.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Round and oval FW strands twisted.

IMG_4277_1.jpg

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Very NICE!!!
30.gif

I don''t if it''s just me but these days, I find that I can''t just wear one strand of pearls, I got to have at least two. LOL....

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I love the layering with the strands.......... You gals are gonna get me in trouble by tempting me to buy another strand!!!
11.gif

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous collection!!! you have a great eye!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous collection!
30.gif
Wear them in good health.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 9:05:51 PM
Author: HHPmom
Date: 1/28/2010 12:54:48 PM

Author: gardengloves

Hi HPP,

thanks so much for photos and tips on twining them--- absolutely beautiful. You have a very special eye for this!

Gardengloves,

These are taken a few minutes ago without natural lights. Pearl colors are not true to life but you get the idea.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your collection! You have beautiful pieces.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I''m dying here - love your gorgeous collection.
I know who I''ll be asking for Tahitian advice!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Ladies,
Check out the slide show. The top one has models wearing multiple strands. The bottom slide show has some gorgeous intense colors. Yummy!!! http://www.gauguinspearl.pf/en/Diaporama.html

There are more photos http://www.gauguinspearl.pf/en/La-Perle.html

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I really dig this strand of theirs
3.gif

Gauguin Pearls - DSC_0005-21_1.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I enjoyed perusing that website! Beautiful pearls! That necklace is lovely too!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
It''s a sunny day here and I decided to take some pictures. The first is a baroque white SS (10-12mm) and silver-rose white freshadama (9-9.5mm ?) from PP.

IMG_4278_1.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Close-up

IMG_4280_1.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Multicolor FW exotic bracelet and necklace.

IMG_4281_1.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
uniform metallic necklace

IMG_4282_1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results