shape
carat
color
clarity

Worst RING hiding place EVER!!!

vanilla87

Shiny_Rock
Hello Ladies :)
My BF has recently said that we would not be getting engaged until at least october 2011. Well.... Last weeki was helping him make the bed and as i was pulling the mattress up to tuck the sheets in i noticed a James Allen box hidden under the bed!!! I had suspicions that he may have purchased a ring when he became very protective of his bank account statements (very unusual seeing as we share a bank account for house savings and know each others finances well).

I didnt ask him about it as i dont want to ruin any suprise he may have planned, but i am dying to get my hands on it!! It takes all my will power to not look under the bed when he is not there!!! I dont know how long he will take to propose, i am thinking it will be sooner than October :) Please send some DUST my way :appl:

I would consider "under the bed" as the worst hiding place EVER for an item of importance! Luckily we have spoken about insurance and im am sure it would be insured. Has anyone elses BF had a unique hiding spot for your ring? How did you deal with knowing where it is but not trying it on or looking at it??

captainmcgee

Shiny_Rock
My boy hasn't even bothered to try and hide mine. We went through the whole process together but I at least thought he would try and hide it so I have to peek sometimes :oops: ok a lot. I don't know how you aren't looking Vanilla, I would be haha!

*DUST* to you!!!

I need some myself the wait is killing me!

Do you have any ideas what sort of ring he would have gotten you? Did you hint?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
vanilla87|1294888234|2821300 said:
Hello Ladies :)
My BF has recently said that we would not be getting engaged until at least october 2011. Well.... Last weeki was helping him make the bed and as i was pulling the mattress up to tuck the sheets in i noticed a James Allen box hidden under the bed!!! I had suspicions that he may have purchased a ring when he became very protective of his bank account statements (very unusual seeing as we share a bank account for house savings and know each others finances well).

I didnt ask him about it as i dont want to ruin any suprise he may have planned, but i am dying to get my hands on it!! It takes all my will power to not look under the bed when he is not there!!! I dont know how long he will take to propose, i am thinking it will be sooner than October :) Please send some DUST my way :appl:

I would consider "under the bed" as the worst hiding place EVER for an item of importance! Luckily we have spoken about insurance and im am sure it would be insured. Has anyone elses BF had a unique hiding spot for your ring? How did you deal with knowing where it is but not trying it on or looking at it??
hurry up and post some hand shots before he come home... :appl: :appl:

captainmcgee

Shiny_Rock
Yes Vanilla do it!!!

I have posted some hand shots of mine on here *naughty* :Up_to_something: but I feel guilty now haha

PrincessNatalie

Shiny_Rock
DONT LOOK! Seriously I was sooo glad I had not seen my ring before the proposal (makes it more special :*).

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Exciting development Vanilla 87!

I second the "Don't Look".

I ordered my own e-ring, and knew all the specs, but the surprise of seeing it in FI's hand for the first time was priceless.

If your BF has spent thousands on the ring, he deserves to see the look on your face when you first see it. :love:

captainmcgee

Shiny_Rock
HopeDream, even though you knew were involved in every aspect was it still just as exciting and amazing as you imagined?

I am so glad me and my SO designed the ring together but sometimes I wonder whether I have ruined the surprise.

Yes Vanilla I take it back keep it a secret :)

GamerGirl

Shiny_Rock
Ooo - how exciting! I echo all the comments to try and NOT look. I think that will probably be WAY easier to say than to do - so good luck!!
sending you lots of **dust** so that hopefully it will happen way sooner than Oct!! :appl:

should i be here

Shiny_Rock
I agree, don't look! The fun of it is the surprise!

THough I must say, that IS a terrible hiding place. If there was a facepalm smiley or one that's shaking its head, I would use it here.

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Hee, boys, what can ya do?!?!?!

I wouldn't be able to hold myself back from peeking but then I would be mad at myself for doing it :loopy:

If it were me I'd have to ask him to change the hiding place ASAP!!!

James Meyer ring, EXCELLENT!!!

briolette

Shiny_Rock
*dust*dust*dust*
Is it possible that he only hid the box under the bed and the actual ring is somewhere more secure? that's something I'd do to thwart a potential burglar if they ever broke in.
I will admit I would have a really hard time not looking if I knew where the ring was, but yeah, keep it a surprise! James Meyer! Wow! I am excited for you.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guys the lady wrote James Allen and not James Meyer :))

Ohh...it must be sooo exciting knowing that your ring is under the mattress :appl: I would try very hard not to look and i believe that i'd be able to restrain myself but if it took too long for him to propose i'm afraid that i might eventually open the box!! I hope that he proposes really soon and the ring finds its appropriate place on your finger instead of sitting under the bed:appl: Yay, this is so great :appl:

vanilla87

Shiny_Rock
It is exciting knowing it is there... but its also a bit annoying that he hasnt proposed yet. He originally said it was a money issue... which obviously it isnt. I think he must have a plan!

It is taking all of my will power not to open the box, every now and then i peek under the bed to make sure its still there. I have hinted at what type of ring i would like and i actually picked a couple of stones and settings from James Allen and emailed them to him, so im sure he wouldve chosen one of those. They were both Tiffany Novo style/inspired settings with a RB centre and I have a thing for yellow gold as it suits my colouring better.

Fingers crossed i get my hand on that baby soon!!!!

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Okay, shoot me here, but how about angling your bouts of horizontal exercise over to the side of the bed and then saying you feel a bumpy part, and wonder what the heck that is????

Oh darn, ''under the bed'' not under the mattress, darn darn

Don't look, self control sucks but its good practice for marriage ;))

vanilla87

Shiny_Rock
Laughinggravy0|1294962432|2822168 said:
Okay, shoot me here, but how about angling your bouts of horizontal exercise over to the side of the bed and then saying you feel a bumpy part, and wonder what the heck that is????

Hahahaha :) i had throught of losing an earing under the bad and having to go fish it out...

I wont open the box, i want it to be a suprise. It is going to burn a hole in the mattress while i sleep though!!

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Laughinggravy0|1294962432|2822168 said:

The guy went through a lot of effort to make this a surprise; let him keep it.

captainmcgee

Shiny_Rock
Yes I agree with Amc80 he went to a lot of trouble, so try not to look. If my SO had surprised me and I found the box I wouldn't look but since I know I guess it doesn't hurt to "visit".

You ring hints sound gorgeous. Maybe rather than wait till off season maybe he might do it on a bye weekend or just a random weekend. That is what I am telling myself because I cannot wait till Oct!!

vanilla87

Shiny_Rock
Mif - the footy season is crap this year! it silly to have an odd number of teams, the shouldve bought GWS in this year as well. Im hoping it will happen before the pre season matches start...but that seems a little too ssoon. We have our 4 year anni coming up and my birthday is the day after, so it would be good timing.

BTW your ring is stunning! I LOVE IT! you should be very happy with it. I know there is pressure in our social circles to have a "certain" type of ring but be happy with what you have!! My stone will look like a tiny spec next to yours, but I chose to have a stone that size for work and my hands are a tiny size 4.

captainmcgee

Shiny_Rock
vanilla87|1294977585|2822414 said:
Mif - the footy season is crap this year! it silly to have an odd number of teams, the shouldve bought GWS in this year as well. Im hoping it will happen before the pre season matches start...but that seems a little too ssoon. We have our 4 year anni coming up and my birthday is the day after, so it would be good timing.

BTW your ring is stunning! I LOVE IT! you should be very happy with it. I know there is pressure in our social circles to have a "certain" type of ring but be happy with what you have!! My stone will look like a tiny spec next to yours, but I chose to have a stone that size for work and my hands are a tiny size 4.

Wow size 4 sooo tiny!! What are you hoping for?
My hands are big and my finger is a K which is like 5 1/8th but I reckon my fingers look heaps bigger than that haha. I can't wait to see what your man has chosen. I kind of wish my SO was surprising me but it is just not in his nature!

Preseason isn't that soon and he has the ring you know that now so it could be anyday :) maybe valentines? The 4 yr and birthday would be perfect too is that soon?

Oh thank you so much Vanilla. I am so happy with my gorgeous ring, just have to wait until the SO decides to to quote him "ask me the question" haha! Silly boy. I was just question whether it was too big or too small or too whatever who knows! I was over thinking it...ummm ridiculous I have no idea why I was doing it but now I am just so happy and in the end it is just a symbol of the fact we are going to get married woo haha!

I know it is a bit irritating having uneven numbers but...... I do like that there are 2 byes rather than just one. Yes I was hoping for Xmas then NY and now before preseason games but I am thinking he will just randomly do it one day haha who knows, I am just trying to focus on other things.

*DUST* Vanilla!!!

vanilla87

Shiny_Rock
LOL... my stone will be around the 1ct size i think, which i am more than happy with. My parents/his parent think its it ridiculous to spend so much $$ on a ring :confused: and no one in my social circle has big engagment rings so it will be perfect. I will get a blingy 10year upgrade :)

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
I have to agree with the previous posters please don't look. I know you really want to but I think it will make it that more special seeing it for the first time when he proposes. *****************DUST************8

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tons of dust to you Vanilla!!!

Before my husband proposed, he made up some slightly involved story about WF delaying the ring a little longer because of the Valentine's Day Holiday, yadda yadda. . . and the sneaky guy had put the black ring box on his nightstand and it had been there for 5 full days before he woke me up at 7 am on a Sunday and finally proposed. I never once saw it while it was sitting there.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results