shape
carat
color
clarity

Wish for patience for me, please!

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hey! So, as of Sunday all the little loose ends and things we talked about wanting to tie up before getting engaged were finished. Without telling me specifics he's been hinting that it'll happen when the moment is right, and 'the moment' is coming. So, now, of course, I am completely ramped up and entirely on edge. Please send out your best thoughts, dust, whatever, that I can act like a normal person, please, because right now every thing seems like a PROPOSAL OPPORTUNITY to me. For example, when he said "let's get a drink and a bite to eat tonight," it's really probably just getting a drink and a bite to eat. Right? RIGHT?!!! :naughty: :lol: :whistle: As my long time friend said, "E, don't pat down his pockets when you hug hello, now" LOL

But seriously, folks. On Thursday we're meeting up with some people at the restaurant/event where we first met. "The scene of the crime" he called it. Maybe? Hmm?

Deep breath in. Deep breath out.

Thank goodness I have this nice forum to blorp out all the crazy talk. :twirl:

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Yikes!!! I'd be jumping out of my skin too!! Why do our men torture us so?! ;-) I'm so excited for you!!!! :dance:

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks, lmcriss!

Nothing last night, but he did mention that he was super tired. When I asked what was wrong he said, "Eh, I was just up until, like, 4 in the morning." Me: "Oh my gosh, why up so late?" Him: "... ... ... planning something." Followed by a look that said, "you know why, so don't ask questions." I'm holding out hope for Thursday, given our plans. Since I know it's really happening now I just want this waiting part to be over! I know he's not torturing me intentionally, but it doesn't change the fact I'm going crazy, now that I know it's going to be soon. :dance:

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
AHHHHH!!!! yayayayayay!!!! :D I was just thinking about you and wondering how you are holding up!!!! Sounds like he's pretty nervous/ excited as well :love: . What's the place where you're going for dinner tomorrow? Who did you say you were going with? Are they in on it or acting super weird? Sending you lots of patience and dust! :D

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
lmcriss|1457555909|4002201 said:
AHHHHH!!!! yayayayayay!!!! :D I was just thinking about you and wondering how you are holding up!!!! Sounds like he's pretty nervous/ excited as well :love: . What's the place where you're going for dinner tomorrow? Who did you say you were going with? Are they in on it or acting super weird? Sending you lots of patience and dust! :D

I am hanging in there! Keeping myself busy and distracted as best as possible! He has definitely been acting extra excited/mushy lately. Honestly I have no clue what he's thinking, but I assume he's planning something specific or else he'd have done it already!!

So, tomorrow. It's a local meetup for enthusiasts of a certain capture-the-flag/scavenger hunt type game, held weekly. I go every couple of months. There's usually 10-20 people and the people who organize it rotate bars/restaurants in various local cities. That's where we met. I had just started playing the game, he was a long time player who had just moved to the area. Towards the end of the night we bumped into each other, said hi, sparks flew, and that was the beginning! :bigsmile: We still play regularly. The location tomorrow is the same place as that first night, and he's always been nostalgic about going there.

I don't know if he'd do something in front of the group, or if he'd involve them in any of it, because I told him I didn't want a huge fuss. But maybe? Or maybe before or after dinner & drinks?

OR maybe he's planning something else entirely. THE TORTURE!

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
that's a super cute story and what a great place to meet! It sounds like a blast! Have fun tomorrow! I know it's impossible, but try not to get your hopes up too high... You don't want to be all disappointed and bummed out if he doesn't when you're out together doing something that sounds really fun. Maybe have an extra drink to mellow yourself out ;-) I'd be freaking out though... sounds like all the elements for a great proposal are there :love: What do you know about your ring? I read your intro, but I can't remember what you said about it... :D

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am absolutely trying to manage expectations, hahaha... and definitely going to have a drink! :D In the end if it doesn't happen tonight I won't be crushed, since I *know* it is happening, soon. I'm just more of a take-the-reins sort of person, this waiting thing is not in my nature! :D

I'm not overly dressy, I usually wear simple jewelry, I'm hard on my hands and have a 2-year-old to chase around and carry, so I knew I wanted something pretty simple, but a little more fancy than a solitaire. After looking at a few stores in person we both went :love: to three-stone rings with plain shanks, no pave, no halos. Something similar to this one from Brilliant Earth

63855_top.jpg

So I'm fairly certain it will be something like that :) Based on the stones we saw in the stores and what I told him my priorities were* I'd probably guess around .75ct, near-colorless (G?), SI... but who knows? Well, I will, soon! Hopefully! :lol:

*I'm a graphic designer and have crazy crazy eagle eyes! I can spot subtle color differences, and see inclusions VERY easily. It turns out that lower colors bother me, but a few inclusions, even ones that are visible to me, not so much.

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
elizabethess|1457631534|4002773 said:
I am absolutely trying to manage expectations, hahaha... and definitely going to have a drink! :D In the end if it doesn't happen tonight I won't be crushed, since I *know* it is happening, soon. I'm just more of a take-the-reins sort of person, this waiting thing is not in my nature! :D

Well, and now he's messaging me he has a headache and might not want to go tonight... so maybe I was indeed reading the signs wrong *sigh*

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
lmcriss|1457642820|4002861 said:
or maybe he's distracting you? Hopefully????

I thought maybe that, too! But when I asked if he would prefer to stay in tonight, he said, "Well, even if I don't go, you can still go by yourself." :confused:

I think perhaps I'm just really off the mark. But even just last night we were watching a show and there was a mushy part and the voiceover said something like, "don't wait too long, tell the people you love you that want to be with them" ... and he turned to me and said, "Don't worry, I won't make you wait too long *wink*" :wall: :doh: This might just be a case of what is "soon" to me is different than "soon" to him.

For the record, he doesn't have a mean bone in his body, so I am certain that any leading on is unintended and probably just clueless-ness.

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
oh darn! :doh: What do you think you're going to do? Go out, have some fun and probably blow off some steam? or stay home and take care of him (while showing him what a great wifey you are ;-)) That's a hard one... are you going to be ok if it doesn't happen tonight?? The weekend isn't that far away..... :think:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI, Elizabeth! :wavey: Sounds like your proposal is imminent, if it hasn't happened already.

How did last night go? If your BF was really not feeling well (rather than an excuse as part of a proposal set up), i hope he feels better by now.

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Sooooo???? How was last night? Is he feeling better today? Did you go? Did you stay home? Was he really sick?

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
mary poppins|1457709084|4003393 said:
How did last night go? If your BF was really not feeling well (rather than an excuse as part of a proposal set up), i hope he feels better by now.

lmcriss|1457718913|4003493 said:
Sooooo???? How was last night? Is he feeling better today? Did you go? Did you stay home? Was he really sick?

Ahhhhhhhhhh!

1. He was really sick! He apparently started getting a migraine, but took medicine and felt better by the time I got to his house. Not a setup!

2. We went out to our plans and had a lovely time! No proposal, womp womp. On the drive back to his house he even pulled off the road unexpectedly to do something quickly and I was sure that was going to be it, too!

3. Back to his house after. At one point, I went into the kitchen to get some water and heard him walk in the room behind me. When I turned around, he was on one knee! Wheeee!

I found out that he had planned to propose on Tuesday! That's the night we went out for drinks and I made this original post, because I felt like something was up. It was! He had a whole involved proposal worked out, the date was apparently a red herring, and all the stuff was in his car. But then some of the logistics he was counting on to make it happen didn't work out, so the date just became a date. He told me he thought he would try again some night next week, but then decided he didn't want to wait any longer, so it turned into a late-night bended knee in his kitchen instead! He showed me the original plan, and it was very thought out and personal and sweet, but honestly I'd have been ecstatic even if he just tossed the box at my head. Kitchen proposal is ok by me!

Wahooo! I feel like I can breathe again. This waiting stuff was not good for my anxiety! THANK YOU for listening to me get nutsy, haha.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it when a proposal just HAPPENS - no fuss, just spontaneous. It's more romantic to me than all the fancy stuff! Congrats!

I hope you are going to post some photos of the ring now?

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
telephone89|1457725345|4003533 said:
I love it when a proposal just HAPPENS - no fuss, just spontaneous. It's more romantic to me than all the fancy stuff! Congrats!

I hope you are going to post some photos of the ring now?

Thank you!

Hoping to try to get some with my DSLR when I get to my house, but in the mean time I have a couple snaps on my iPhone, I will post those! Let me see if I can post next time I take a break.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yippee skippy yahoo yayaya! Sounds like a perfect evening! Congratulations to you and your fiance! :appl: Wheeee!

Looking forward to seeing some hand shots after you have a change to post them.

Don't forget to head over to PS's Brides World Wide subforum if you want help with wedding planning.That place needs more action and PSers love to help.

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
WOOHOOO!!!!! :love: :dance: :love: :appl: :love: Congratulations!!! :clap: :dance: I'm so excited for you!!!! When do we get to see pictures of your beautiful ring?!! How are you feeling lady?! :dance: :love:

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ok, ring stuff!

I discovered Pricescope AFTER finishing discussing e-rings with my SO (fiance! woot!) and gained enough knowledge to be aware this isn't an ideal 'pricescope' ring, neither in stone specs nor setting style, but I am no less pleased with it :)) Thanks for indulging my pics :bigsmile:

What I keep staring at all day:
img_0987.jpg

My creative stapler ring prop:
img_0997.jpg

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
mary poppins|1457728269|4003566 said:
Don't forget to head over to PS's Brides World Wide subforum if you want help with wedding planning.That place needs more action and PSers love to help.

Thanks for the cheers, and thanks for the tip! I will head over for sure :)

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
lmcriss|1457728710|4003571 said:
How are you feeling lady?! :dance: :love:

I feel grrrrrreat! Super excited! It's still setting in that it's official, but I feel, on the whole, wayyyyy more relaxed than I was the past few days! I'm happy that he seems really excited, too. He's been texting me to send him videos of it sparkling in different lights (pricescoper in the making??) and randomly re-asking me to marry him so I can say yes again! :lol:

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
elizabethess|1457732950|4003622 said:
lmcriss|1457728710|4003571 said:
How are you feeling lady?! :dance: :love:

I feel grrrrrreat! Super excited! It's still setting in that it's official, but I feel, on the whole, wayyyyy more relaxed than I was the past few days! I'm happy that he seems really excited, too. He's been texting me to send him videos of it sparkling in different lights (pricescoper in the making??) and randomly re-asking me to marry him so I can say yes again! :lol:

That's so cute!!! I love that he's super excited about it too :D Your ring is GORGEOUS!!!! Just absolutely so pretty and it looks perfect on your hand!!!! Congratulations again!!! I'll have to start looking at BWW so that I can hear about all your wedding plans :love:

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow! It's gorgeous! :love: What a totally sweet proposal! Congratulations!!

I'd love to see some more picture if you get a chance...

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! The staple picture is gorgeous!

Nothing against PS, but I think theknot.com is much more helpful for wedding planning. They have forums as well.

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you, again, all!

Ariadne_Theia I will try to post more pics when I get it back! Had to turn it in for resizing, after wearing 24 hrs I was concerned it was just a hair too snug :(( So, now the long wait until Friday...

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Nice to hear from you lady! How was your first weekend being engaged? Did you do anything special? Sorry your ring was a little snug, any chance your ring could be done earlier?

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
lmcriss|1457975169|4005139 said:
Nice to hear from you lady! How was your first weekend being engaged? Did you do anything special? Sorry your ring was a little snug, any chance your ring could be done earlier?

I'm here, I'm here! I don't plan on leaving LIW just yet, but my work is HORRENDOUS for the next week or so, so I may be an infrequent poster.

Great first weekend being engaged! We're both being really mushy and just enjoying the moment :D I *wish* they could do my ring earlier, but Friday it is :) I am dying to get it back on my finger! Everyone who learns I got engaged (word is passing through family and work) keeps immediately glancing at my hand. I've been wearing an old ring there, just to get the feel of something on that finger :)

One thing that's changed since getting engaged is he has started talking about plans for when he moves in. We don't live together (each own our own house) and decided that even though his house is bigger, my location is better. Shorter commute and better for my son (neighbors with kids, playgrounds, etc.) So, he'll be moving in here until we find a new place together. So, now, for example, if we watch tv on the couch I see him looking around and thinking, and then he'll say, "So.... we can use your couch and my rug and your sideboard and my TV..." :bigsmile: Getting excited for when his stuff and my stuff become OUR stuff. :appl:

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only a couple of days left until you get your ring back. Eeek!

Combining households is a lot of work but fun. Take the best from each and get rid of duplicates.

When do you think you'll start looking for a new place? Do you have a wedding date or time estimate yet?

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
elizabethess|1458137494|4006086 said:
lmcriss|1457975169|4005139 said:

I'm here, I'm here! I don't plan on leaving LIW just yet, but my work is HORRENDOUS for the next week or so, so I may be an infrequent poster.

Great first weekend being engaged! We're both being really mushy and just enjoying the moment :D I *wish* they could do my ring earlier, but Friday it is :) I am dying to get it back on my finger! Everyone who learns I got engaged (word is passing through family and work) keeps immediately glancing at my hand. I've been wearing an old ring there, just to get the feel of something on that finger :)

One thing that's changed since getting engaged is he has started talking about plans for when he moves in. We don't live together (each own our own house) and decided that even though his house is bigger, my location is better. Shorter commute and better for my son (neighbors with kids, playgrounds, etc.) So, he'll be moving in here until we find a new place together. So, now, for example, if we watch tv on the couch I see him looking around and thinking, and then he'll say, "So.... we can use your couch and my rug and your sideboard and my TV..." :bigsmile: Getting excited for when his stuff and my stuff become OUR stuff. :appl:

So glad to hear that you won't be leaving us yet! I can't even begin to imagine how excited you must be to get your beautiful ring back!

I'm also so excited for what comes next for you! Have you talked about the wedding at all? When do you think you will start the moving in process? Also, I keep forgetting about your little one! How's he feeling about all of this? or is he too little to really understand?

It's so sweet that he's starting to plan how to combine your belongings and your lives :) Who's got the better stuff? :razz: What do you think you'll keep and get rid of? It's such a fun (and a little bit stressful) time, the whole moving in together period. I'm glad we did it early to be honest with you... I still get little butterflies when I look at our closet and it has both of our stuff plus some stuff that's ours together in it. I hope the same happens for you :love: :appl: What's his story? I can't remember if you've mentioned it before or not?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results