shape
carat
color
clarity

Wish for patience for me, please!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you get your ring back, elizabethess? If so, are you happy with the way it fits now?

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hellooooo! Work and life has been cuh-raaaazy the past couple of weeks! Still will be for another week or so, but I couldn't keep away from PS :naughty:

mary poppins|1458833714|4010384 said:
Did you get your ring back, elizabethess? If so, are you happy with the way it fits now?

I got it back! They finished it a day early, and when they called my fiance to let him know he ran right over to get it! Which is why he's a keeper, ;)) It was so nice to have it back, I only had it for about a day before turning it in, I had to look at pictures to remember what it looked like :lol: It feels so perfect, not too tight but not too loose.

mary poppins|1458152498|4006201 said:
When do you think you'll start looking for a new place? Do you have a wedding date or time estimate yet?

We just got a realtor last week, and are looking at a couple of houses on Saturday! But the search is pretty passive at this point. Not wanting to buy until we find something just right to live in for the forseeable future. The rough plan is he will move in with me and put his house on the market this summer, which is also our current time frame for getting married :bigsmile: We're both feeling really ready to be married and have been discussing something quite small and intimate, or possibly even eloping, which really frees you from having to have a year-plus engagement. The actual date is still fuzzy, but June/July sounds about right? My work gets quiet mid-June through August.

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
lmcriss|1458175229|4006433 said:
So glad to hear that you won't be leaving us yet! I can't even begin to imagine how excited you must be to get your beautiful ring back!

I'm also so excited for what comes next for you! Have you talked about the wedding at all? When do you think you will start the moving in process? Also, I keep forgetting about your little one! How's he feeling about all of this? or is he too little to really understand?

It's so sweet that he's starting to plan how to combine your belongings and your lives :) Who's got the better stuff? :razz: What do you think you'll keep and get rid of? It's such a fun (and a little bit stressful) time, the whole moving in together period. I'm glad we did it early to be honest with you... I still get little butterflies when I look at our closet and it has both of our stuff plus some stuff that's ours together in it. I hope the same happens for you :love: :appl: What's his story? I can't remember if you've mentioned it before or not?

I am SO excited to have it back! I have been having fun getting to know its different moods in different lighting. Especially fond of the elevator at work, which causes lots of glittering.

The little one is very little! He just turned 2, so he doesn't really grasp anything, but he is always excited to see my fiance, and asks about him if he's not there, so it should be a smooth transition, post-wedding :) My son's father and I work hard to be loving, cooperative co-parents, and my engagement was well-received by him as well. Knock on wood, so far so good!

As far as combining households, it's a toss-up! He has a better bedroom set, I have better kitchen stuff, etc. etc. We're going to save the best. I have cohabitated in a few prior long-term relationships, so I'm not too fazed by the somewhat daunting task of combining things, but it will be a first for him. Though I hate moving, both looking forward to being in the same house, tackling one set of projects as a team. Right now we're both deep in solo projects in our separate houses.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, you got your ring back and like the way it fits! :appl: It's hard to be separated from an e-ring, especially when it's new.

Wow, you are going to busy, busy during the next couple of months with moving and wedding planning. Small and intimate, and/or eloping leads to a lot of flexibility. Summer is only a short time away. Do you have anything in particular in mind yet - courthouse, small outdoor ceremony, a different city, state or country than where you live? So many options when you don't have a big wedding and can do things on shorter notice!

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
mary poppins|1459530842|4014220 said:
Yay, you got your ring back and like the way it fits! :appl: It's hard to be separated from an e-ring, especially when it's new.

Wow, you are going to busy, busy during the next couple of months with moving and wedding planning. Small and intimate, and/or eloping leads to a lot of flexibility. Summer is only a short time away. Do you have anything in particular in mind yet - courthouse, small outdoor ceremony, a different city, state or country than where you live? So many options when you don't have a big wedding and can do things on shorter notice!

I'm with Mary Poppins, that all sounds like quite the task, though very VERY exciting!! I'm also looking forward to hearing about what you decide for your wedding! Will your little one have a role or will he be with a family member during the ceremony?

And I'm so glad that you got your ring back and it's perfect! It must be so fun to watch it's moods in different lights :) It's funny the different places that stones look better than others. The elevator at your work? what a weird place for it to sparkle so much! That's awesome though :D I'm still so happy for you! :D

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hey! I just popped back in to see how everyone was doing! :wavey:

mary poppins|1459530842|4014220 said:

lmcriss|1459823321|4015521 said:
I'm with Mary Poppins, that all sounds like quite the task, though very VERY exciting!! I'm also looking forward to hearing about what you decide for your wedding! Will your little one have a role or will he be with a family member during the ceremony?

Well, it's been crazy, wow! We went hard at it the past month, and got pretty much everything ironed out! Here's what's settled so far:

"One step above elopement" happening in June! :dance: It will be local, a really small/private 10-minute ceremony with our parents, siblings + their families, and friends to stand up for each of us. About 20 total. We're going to a local historic house that has pretty gardens, just picking a pretty spot to stand outside! If the weather is bad we can go inside the home and do it in the parlor or another room. One of my oldest friends is officiating. There will be a few kids there, including my 2yo ... I keep joking about having a "flower brigade" instead of one single flower girl, so that all the little kids there can throw petals :lol: After, a few photos on site (we got a deal for an hour of photos from a local photographer who is a friend of a friend) and then we are taking everyone to lunch at a nearby restaurant, reserved a private space and it's a small buffet of casual southern-ish food. A friend is doing bride and groom's cake for us (my fiance is southern, so groom's cake is a thing!). After lunch my son's dad will pick him up for the rest of the weekend, and we'll invite our extended friends to come hang out at the bar with us for a drink or two before we disappear for a mini-moon! We're just hiding out for the rest of the weekend at a local hotel. Proper honeymoon will be mid-July, when we can take time off.

Let's see, what else... I've got a dress (should be arriving soon)! I thought I'd just buy something cream or ivory off the rack from a department store, but I wandered into a dress shop and found something that made me go :love: Wedding bands are on order. Even though everyone who is going to attend already knows the plan and has already gotten plane tickets and rooms and stuff I still decided to order invites, so those are coming soon! (a little late on those, but hey, at least they'll arrive before the wedding :cheeky: ). My fiance just needs a new suit (he's shopping tomorrow), and I need to decide if I'm ordering a bouquet or just making one myself or maybe just don't have one? And decide if I'm getting my hair done or anything. I'm tempted to just do it myself. And that's it! I think? Yes, I think that's it. Whew! Planning is still really stressful, even for our little wedding! :wall:

And then the moving craziness, ack! Finally (mostly) finished working on his place, it should go on the market in a couple of weeks. He'll be moving in during the time between wedding and honeymoon. Then once he's in we FINALLY get to leave for our honeymoon and relax by the ocean :sun: :sun: (imagine a tropical cocktail smiley inserted here, lol)

Excited to see some new names posting on the LIW board! Looking forward to catching up on everything. Dust to everyone for patience, sanity, and speedy proposals :naughty:

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
Hi lady! It's been awhile! Hope all is going well for you in your newly married life! For some reason I was thinking your wedding was in July instead of June... How did everything go? According to plan as hoped? How are you doing?

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
lmcriss|1468635524|4055954 said:
Hi lady! It's been awhile! Hope all is going well for you in your newly married life! For some reason I was thinking your wedding was in July instead of June... How did everything go? According to plan as hoped? How are you doing?

Hey! :wavey:

It's been lovely! Wedding was mid-June, everything pretty much went according to plan, except for the torrential rain! Bye bye garden wedding! But we just moved things inside the historic home we were at, my weather nerd fella had fun studying the projections and radar in order to make the call, and we got a cute shot outside in the rain huddled under a big umbrella :sun: I would not have done it a different way, a small wedding was perfect for us, and let us really prioritize where our budget was spent.

One thing of note: a small wedding, even as rigorously trimmed down as ours, is still is a pain and a half to plan. It doesn't matter if you have 15 people or 150, you're still having to make choices on everything. And sometimes non-traditional venue weddings have more moving pieces for the couple to manage, since there isn't a dedicated person there to oversee everything. The best money we spent was hiring a day-of-coordinator to just be point person and direct everyone and make sure things were running smoothly.

After the wedding, we did a mini-moon at a local hotel for the weekend, then shifted into high gear over the next 2 weeks moving the husband in. His house sold and closed at the end of June, and we left after that for a proper honeymoon and got some much needed R&R! Since then just enjoying being married, and when we have spare time we've been doing home improvement projects. We joke that we're nesting, getting ready for the winter :)

Ariadne_Theia

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the wedding! :wavey: It sounds beautiful, rain and all.

lmcriss

Shiny_Rock
elizabethess|1476123555|4085364 said:
Hey! :wavey:

It's been lovely! Wedding was mid-June, everything pretty much went according to plan, except for the torrential rain! Bye bye garden wedding! But we just moved things inside the historic home we were at, my weather nerd fella had fun studying the projections and radar in order to make the call, and we got a cute shot outside in the rain huddled under a big umbrella :sun: I would not have done it a different way, a small wedding was perfect for us, and let us really prioritize where our budget was spent.

One thing of note: a small wedding, even as rigorously trimmed down as ours, is still is a pain and a half to plan. It doesn't matter if you have 15 people or 150, you're still having to make choices on everything. And sometimes non-traditional venue weddings have more moving pieces for the couple to manage, since there isn't a dedicated person there to oversee everything. The best money we spent was hiring a day-of-coordinator to just be point person and direct everyone and make sure things were running smoothly.

After the wedding, we did a mini-moon at a local hotel for the weekend, then shifted into high gear over the next 2 weeks moving the husband in. His house sold and closed at the end of June, and we left after that for a proper honeymoon and got some much needed R&R! Since then just enjoying being married, and when we have spare time we've been doing home improvement projects. We joke that we're nesting, getting ready for the winter :)

Hey!! It's so nice to hear from you! Your wedding sounds so beautiful rain and all :D Plus, isn't rain on your wedding day supposed to be good luck? ;-) Glad to know that all is well in your world elizabethess :dance:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results