shape
carat
color
clarity

What lead to you being a LIW?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
So i am wondering why others are LIW....what i mean is, did the SO drop hints on wanting to get married and it got your wheels turning? or did SO talk about marriage? OR did you come to this yourself? Im just wondering why and how others got here.
HeHe, ill explain my story later....
34.gif

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Combo of A & B. He started dropping hints about it (ex: we''d be at a friend''s wedding and he''d mention how we should do X and Y like they did, he''d point out a wedding dress in a magazine, etc), and eventually we had a serious conversation about our future plans.

I found this forum on my own, though. He''s not a PS''er (that I''m aware of!).

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
I found PS by accident when looking up info on Trillions and the 4C''s. I came back when I was having a relationship dilemma and wanted objective advise not biased by info about either of us. I didn''t add myself to the LIW list until much later... I don''t remember when, but probably around the time he got the ring or a little before.
33.gif

It''s probably best not to think about it. I was on here for months before I joined the list. Clearly I could have taken much longer...
2.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
We had a few serious conversations about our future, and he told me he was ready to get married whenever I was. That was a couple of years ago. As I felt myself moving in that direction, I identified more with the whole LIW thing (even though he was waiting more than me). We talked about again a month ago when I felt ready, and he proposed the last day of March with a family heirloom. Oh yeah, and I was on the list for about a year and a half.
1.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Going into our relationship, H and I both knew and understood that at this point in our lives, we were looking for The One and not just dating people anymore. After falling madly in love, it was assumed that we would work towards that. Oddly, the real talk began after we started talking about baby names. And then one day he said something along the lines of "If I asked you to marry me what would you think?" And a little bit of shock when I said "I would probably say yes..." We have talked about it quite seriously since then and well, I knew about PS from a previous relationship. And all these ladies are wonderful so I wanted to come back! Interesting question!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
We had been together seven years and had started talking about engagements and timing etc and I found here when I was looking for info on Lucida erings.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
He got his PhD offer 1000+ miles away and in another country.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
My BF and I have been together going on 7 years. Even from the very first few months, we kinda knew that we''d be married some day. That was it, we had found each other and were done looking!

So, I guess it has taken us a little while...kinda doing stuff backwards. We already own a home together. Are planning a remodel (so we have room for kids!). I''m off BC, so we "could" get pregnant, but not exactly trying. His dad lives with us (who I guess I now consider my FIL...long story!). Could we be more married???

Anyway, I guess we sort of felt like nows a good a time as any, so we''ve been looking at diamonds and rings...that is what led me to PS. I love to research, and this site was a goldmine to me!!!

So...started exploring the other boards...and thought I might as well sign myself up as a LIW!!
2.gif

So, Jessie, what''s your story?????
9.gif

gryffindor

Shiny_Rock
We had just started looking for diamonds, and I couldn't shake off the sleazy feeling I got every time I visited local B&M stores around here. So I started doing some research about diamonds online for myself. FI's friend took me to visit his diamond guy, and I got a very bad vibe from this guy. He acted like my budget didn't matter because he had customers with much much bigger budgets to take care of. Out of curiosity, I put his name into google when I got home and to my surprise, I found thread after thread of praise for this guy coming from this site so I was initially very suspicious of PS. After I spent a few days here however, I was amazed by all the info. I also found a jeweler I liked whose advice matched up with what is written here so I was hooked on PS and found myself a home at LIW.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Okay, so i found PS when i was looking for answers on Engagement Chicken....lol...i kind of just looked around and than joined. I actually really like it, it helps let me know what i am not the only one going out of my mind.LoL
26.gif

Now, the whole LIW thing happened because SO and i were out one night and he was pointing out rings people where wearing, and asking my opinion on them. Than the day after that, we went out and spent a day acting like tourist, we live in Las Vegas. While we were out he kept pointing out all the weddings we saw. Now thats not like him at all, normally when he sees someone getting married he ignores them, but he was pointing every single one of the out. HaHa, it got to the point that i was getting aggrevated with him. THAN a few weeks before that, we were talking about weddings and what kind of wedding i would want and what kind of wedding he would want. Where we would want it, what kind of dress i would wear. We both agreed on a small wedding, here in town, because i spoke of having a out of town wedding. Than a few weeks after the weekend, he spoke of all of the weddings, hes kept saying i cant wait to see you in a wedding gown, and what kind would you pick and blah blah blah....so yea, thats my story.....we spoke about where our relationship is going, it is agreed that we want to get married and thats where we are headed, but he says hes not ready to get married now, BUT he keeps saying wedding stuff.......so yea, thats where im at
29.gif
. HaHa, little does he know i made him engagement chicken about 3 weeks ago.
27.gif

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Well funny story... we had been dating for a few months (7ish maybe) and one night he had had a few drinks and we were chatting and just having one of those hilarious perfect conversations and he blurts out "I could totally marry you." And then got really embarrassed and tried to pretend like he hadn''t said anything. Finally I got him to revisit that comment and once he realized that I wasn''t freaked out by his comment he told me he "could marry [me] tomorrow and be happy." So since we''re pretty young further talk of marriage was postponed and while we both were starting to realize we wanted to marry each other we didn''t directly talk about it a whole lot.

Fast forward a year or two to his 21st birthday where at one point in the night (clearly a good deal after we had started the festivities) he gets down on one knee and asks me to marry him. HA! I said "Later, sweetie" and just laughed at him. He still gives me crap cause in his mind I said no to his first proposal haha but we just laugh about it now.

So now my graduation is just a month away and we''re going to be living together next year so we''ve start to seriously talk about a timeline for our near future. I probably jumped the gun a little bit on joining LIW since I know I won''t be engaged before May of 2010 (when he graduates) but I found pricescope recently and just love the site so I decided to put my name on the LIW list. I''m curious what number I''ll get to since I know its going to be awhile. We''ll see!

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
We''d been dating almost three years, and I was really wanting to start talking about the future. (we were approaching his college graduation, and about a year from mine) so i brought it up one night, and he agreed that he wanted to marry me "eventually"... about a month later he actually agreed to go ring-shopping with me... after that trip, i started really researching stuff, and found PS in the process.

another couple months after that, my BF started asking about stats and such, and i found out that he was going ring shopping with his mom. that''s when i officially joined PS and the LIWs... about a month and a half ago?

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been with my BF a little over a year now. After about 8 months of dating, he asked me if I''d consider moving in with him when my lease expired in the summer of ''09. I told him that while I would be very excited about that possibility, there was no way I would do it unless I knew we''d eventually be getting married. I wasn''t going to sign up for a "test run." He said he agreed and was excited about planning a future with me. Since then, we''ve been talking about my move very regularly, as if it was "a given" that it was going to happen.

Now that we are only a few months away from my big move (and obviously are not engaged), I re-introduced our discussion about marriage a few weeks ago - just to be sure we were still on the same page. I said, "I know we''ve been talking a lot about me moving in here, but... have you given any more thought to our next step beyond that? Are you sure you can commit to that?" He told me he has every intention of marrying me, and that it won''t be after years of living together - it will be sooner. While I don''t expect it to happen before I move in, I have a feeling we will get engaged sometime within a year after I move in.

So after finding this site through a google search about engagements and lurking in the forums for about a week, I decided to put myself on the list.

mariewest

Shiny_Rock
I was trying to figure out where the relationship was going because we were in our senior year of college and wanted to know if I should be looking for a job in any particular area (close to him.) I wasn''t like "hey, do you want to get married?" but I just wanted to know if it was worth staying together or just breaking up and enjoying the last few months of college. Then one New Years and stated "I guess this is the year that I''ll propose" and we have discussed marriage. That''s when I became a LIW. Knowing that he was planning something and all I could do was wait. The wait it getting worst because instead of comments like "it''ll be closer than you think" he keeps saying that he doesn''t have the money and that I might have to wait a while. Sounds like I''ll be a LIW for a while.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
We had discussed marriage, at increasing levels of seriousness, for a couple of years before I happened across PS. LIW was what brought me here, because we were catching a lot of grief for being "too young," and I wanted to find a sounding board for such issues. We were more a ''couple in waiting'' than I was a ''lady in waiting,'' because all the ''waiting'' was happening due to outside factors that we were both subject to... not just me.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results