shape
carat
color
clarity

What is your DREAM RING?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HeadOverHeels4James

Shiny_Rock
I thought it might be fun to see what all of us perceived as your dream ring? For me, I'm really into simple and elegant. My ring would be a 2 ct. princess cut solitaire. Don't get me wrong, i wouldn't oppose a 5ct. but realistically speaking here.HAHA
31.gif

~SaRaH

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
My dream ring was always a 2 carat round brilliant solitaire. That was until I went shopping with FF LOL. He picked out another ring and I told him that was the ring that was meant for me. I also decided that I prefer quality over size (after lurking on PS for a month or so
emsmile.gif
). So I''m ok with getting less than 1 carat as long as it can guide me through the night with its sparkle
30.gif
LOL

Picture of my future ring...the picture doesn''t do it justice.

ring62008.jpg

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
My dream ring is the one I''ll be getting!

2.5 ct round solitaire with a tiffany-style setting in white gold.

I''m a simple girl with simple tastes!

HeadOverHeels4James

Shiny_Rock
OHH I love it, its very elegant!! I need a big diamond to make my man hands look normal!I told my boy if it was between a bigger ring, or a better quality ring to choose quality, he was like "really" haha I think most guys think they have to get some HUGE e-ring like celebrities, but they defiantly don''t
19.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
The diamond is an heirloom -- BF just needs to re-set it.

Lucky bastard, he is! He gets to take credit for a bad-ass rock that he couldnt otherwise afford.

I won''t be the one to tell he didnt buy it. :)

krispi

Shiny_Rock
Mine is the Tiffany Legacy. It''s even prettier in person!

absolut_blonde

Brilliant_Rock
1.2 - 1.5 ct round brilliant set in a pave band.

I''m not sure I could go above 1.5 ct without feeilng really conspicuous. 1.5 ct is very, very large for where I live. I''d rather put any additional money towards our numerous other expenses, truly.

Then again, I haven''t tried on any 2 ct + rings so maybe I''d feel differently if I had!

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 12:00:52 PM
Author: sunnyd
Trying to find an old link... but here's mine!
OOOOOHH Sunnyd I like this one a lOT.

If I were to go for a halo this would be it.

Dream ring
2 carats....torn between a round and cushion. Cushion is my "new thing".
I LOVE the claw prongs so that's a must!

I did some browsing last week and my oh my it's pretty overwhelming. I don't know what my dream ring is anymore!!!
8.gif

BTW - Lauren - MAN, YOU ARE LUCKY! Him too!!! NICEEEEEEEEEE 2.5!!

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Well if it were really a dream I''d want a 1-1.5 ct. asshcer or EC with a simple 3/4 eternity pave band.
31.gif

In reality though....I''m thinking a .75-.9 ct EC in a simple white gold solitaire setting will be perfect! I''m really starting to lean towards the EC now I''m just loving the little chubby ones, but an assher would still be amazing! I''m just a step cut girl! My only request is that it''s set so that I can get a 3/4 eternity WB with either RB or baguettes and have it sit near flush with the e-ring.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock

In every other dream ring thread my ring has remained the same...surprise surprise it is still the same

2.gif

I like either asscher cut sapphire or diamond...his choice. I don''t even know if MY ring will resemble this one at all but the man has let me know he knows asscher so that alone makes me a happy girl

31.gif

Dreamweaver.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 3:17:16 PM
Author: jojolh
Date: 6/4/2008 2:12:02 PM

Author: musey

Date: 6/4/2008 1:00:06 PM

Author: jojolh

I am not sure how to attach a photo....can someone help?

Here is the link to it anyhow.

http://www.kobelli.com/jewelry/popup.php?id=740&pg=1
How'd you do that??
33.gif
36.gif
When you are posting, there is a button a little up and to the left of the text box where you type--the button reads, "Attach File." Click on it, and it will give you the stipulations for posting an image (it's got to be a certain size and have a unique file name to work). Click "Browse" to find the picture on your computer, then click "Upload" and it should attach itself to your post.

Like so! Here is my dream ring.

offsetZ33MWMtorchieredreamring.JPG

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Dream: a huge (maybe 4-carat?) Asscher solitaire with a very thin, delicate pave band. That would be so much fun to wear and look at all day.

Reality: it will probably be an emerald cut, in white metal, and I''m guessing anywhere between 1.5-2.5 carats. Hopefully it will have a halo and a delicate shank/band. I honestly have no idea what BF is picking because he won''t let me in on the process, so I''m crossing my fingers that he followed the few broad instructions I was allowed to give. I told him I like emerald cuts and white metal to begin with, and later I mentioned I like halos. That was all the input I was permitted!

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Gwen - are those little diamonds on the side of the "lower" prongs"?
Thats really neat!
Is it Tiffany?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gwen's ring is a Mark Morrell. I think the design is called Flame, but he has several takes on it, all slightly different and simply stunning.

ETA: Found his website! Mark's website

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Yup, Addy''s right, that''s a Mark Morrell. That specific ring is the Torchiere--which is the Flame ring with a non-knife edge band. It''s got surprise diamonds at the base of the basket and just makes my heart go pitter-pat. If J and I get it, I will ask for Mark to slightly modify the prongs (claws instead of hearts) but other than that, the design is simply perfect.
30.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 4:30:29 PM
Author: Pushin40
Gwen - are those little diamonds on the side of the ''lower'' prongs''?
Thats really neat!
Is it Tiffany?
Tiffany ain''t got nuttin'' on Mark Morrell
2.gif

Gwen, that''s my favorite of his solitaire settings... I much prefer the rounded shank. Simply gorgeous. Do you know what wedding band you''d like to pair with it?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m already married, but I love these questions.

I like a ring on Mark''s website as well actually. It''s perfect in every respect, double prongs, clean styling, tapered baguettes. I can''t right click on the image to save it. It''s about halfway down the page if anyone wants to see it.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/4/2008 5:23:28 PM
Author: gwendolyn
Yup, Addy''s right, that''s a Mark Morrell. That specific ring is the Torchiere--which is the Flame ring with a non-knife edge band. It''s got surprise diamonds at the base of the basket and just makes my heart go pitter-pat. If J and I get it, I will ask for Mark to slightly modify the prongs (claws instead of hearts) but other than that, the design is simply perfect.
30.gif

I have no clue how you keep all the different takes on that design straight! Good to know the different, thank you.

disneybride

Shiny_Rock
If money were no object and rings were indestructable I would choose the Yanni variant that''s in the "show me the ring" thread right now. I would chose a 2 or 2.5 carat cushion, D/IF with 8 major chunky facets in the same halo design. I never liked those kinds of rings until I saw that one. It literally took my breath away...but in this lifetime I would never be able to pull it off...I use my hands too much and would constantly lose stones. I''m not dainty enough for it, but it''s fun to dream!
9.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 5:25:54 PM

Thats really neat!

Is it Tiffany?

2.gif

Gwen, that''s my favorite of his solitaire settings... I much prefer the rounded shank. Simply gorgeous. Do you know what wedding band you''d like to pair with it?
I realize this might get me shunned from PS, but I really just want a plain plat band, just like the shank on the e-ring. Eventually I''d like to get an asscher eternity but I know J and I will not have the money for one for a long time, so I''m hoping that will be an anniversary present eventually (I''ve already been prepping him
31.gif
).

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 5:27:16 PM
Author: Addy
I''m already married, but I love these questions.

I like a ring on Mark''s website as well actually. It''s perfect in every respect, double prongs, clean styling, tapered baguettes. I can''t right click on the image to save it. It''s about halfway down the page if anyone wants to see it.
This baby?
18.gif

MWMforAddy.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, that baby. Sigh. It's perfect. I feel like I can't vary too far off of what I already have (even though I adore antique rings). This is perfect. It's a style that's been around forever and therefore has some classic, antique parts, but also sleek and modern enough for me. Plus DH really likes it the best, which I guess is why I was given that style.

Think I can convince DH I just need a little upgrade?

Thanks for the photo, Gwen! I love the photo's title...and now I've kidnapped it from you as well. I'm such a thief.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 5:42:30 PM
Author: Addy
Yes, that baby. Sigh. It''s perfect. I feel like I can''t vary too far off of what I already have (even though I adore antique rings). This is perfect. It''s a style that''s been around forever and therefore has some classic, antique parts, but also sleek and modern enough for me. Plus DH really likes it the best, which I guess is why I was given that style.

Think I can convince DH I just need a little upgrade?

Thanks for the photo, Gwen! I love the photo''s title...and now I''ve kidnapped it from you as well. I''m such a thief.
Glad I could help! I couldn''t do a Mac click-and-drag (or in PC terms your "save image as" that you mentioned trying) on the photos on his website, so I kinda cheated and took a screenshot and then cropped it for you. You need to have your precious.
27.gif

By the way, I remember the differences between the Flame/Torchiere rings because I am slightly obsessed, and because I remember when the Torchiere was released and was so excited that there was a non-knife edge version! I should also note that there are versions of the Flame and Torchiere without the surprise diamonds, but they are what make it what it is to me, so I personally cannot imagine doing away with them! But they are available without the small diamonds for those of you who prefer it that way.
19.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/4/2008 5:31:17 PM
Author: gwendolyn
Date: 6/4/2008 5:25:54 PM
Thats really neat!
Is it Tiffany?
2.gif

I realize this might get me shunned from PS, but I really just want a plain plat band, just like the shank on the e-ring.
Oh no not at all! There are a lot of plain band lovers around here. I am one of them, and I''ve spent the past year (I kid you not) trying to convince myself that my ring looks good with one, but it just doesn''t
39.gif

It''ll be such a gorgeous set, I can''t wait ''til we get to see it on your hand!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results